The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DauntlessKilljoy
Hi, sorry if this is a weird question but I wasn't sure where to put it.
I'm applying to go to UEA for September, but in the meantime can non-UEA students borrow books from the UEA library?

A bit more information our website here: https://portal.uea.ac.uk/web/hub/library/access/external-borrowers

:smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by University of East Anglia

thanks.
Very general question, how do you do food shopping?
Original post by freyelise

When I was in halls, I did the big shops by tesco delivery, that way you don't have to bother lugging stuff back on the bus etc... There is an SU shop, which is on campus, but fairly expensive, and I would absolutely only recommend using it for coincidental bits as and when, and booze when you're so drunk you don't care...

About a 5 min walk from campus is a Tesco petrol station which has pretty good selection of food in - I went there quite a lot for top up shops in between the big orders I did... There is also an Aldi about 10-15 minute cycle from campus which a lot of people would go to, but obviously if you're cycling you can't carry that much back with you...

To add to Mobsys post, Asda and Waitrose/Ocado also deliver to campus (yes I frequently saw Ocado vans on campus). Just round the corner of the Tesco is a fairly decent sized Co-op, there is also another Co-Op a 10-15 mins bus ride and if you get the 25 bus all the way you end up at Morrisons.

Seems like the above answers have you covered, but there's also this on our website:

https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/advice/ask/campus/is-there-somewhere-i-can-by-food-on-campus

Blogger Anne-Sophie also mentions her shopping habits in this blog: https://annesophieatuea.wordpress.com/2015/08/21/food-shopping-at-uea/
(edited 7 years ago)
Has anyone got an email to the applicant offer day? I received an offer in November but unfortunately don't know when they are.
Original post by Ueaquestion
Has anyone got an email to the applicant offer day? I received an offer in November but unfortunately don't know when they are.

Every school has different dates, the link should have been within the email from us when you received your offer. Drop an email to [email protected] and they can help :smile:
Is anyone a prospective law student hoping to go to UEA? I'm going into 2nd year and don't need these textbooks anymore i have revision guides too. PM me if interested.
I've put east Anglia down as my firm and really want to go their but I don't know if I can get a B in geography do you if they are lenient with grades achieved

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending