The Student Room Group

Majority of German women feel less safe in public

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)
I'd like an extra pair of arms, I'd change my name to Forewarned 8-)
At least the pepper spray business is booming
We need to protect the natives. Round all the migrants up and send them home, no excuses.
Germans I know think das Bild is about as reputable as the Daily Mail in the UK. And there aren't any immigrants standing on street corners wolf whistling. Racism is just doing the same as it is in the UK... it's still a minority, they have just become a slightly more mainstream minority as they can now blame whatever they fancy on the 'immigrants'. It's a big problem but I think that article sounds like garbage. Most women would generally avoid dark alleys/parks if they're alone (and I'd imagine plenty of men too) and I sincerely doubt 1/3 of young German women are carrying pepper spray...
Lol I am German, female and from Berlin and I can assure you that women don't feel significantly less or more safe in public. And the Bild Zeitung is similar to Daily Mail or Sun as @doodle_333 said and I totally agree to his/her opinion.
The point is, don't quote newspapers or studies without researching their credibility I'd suggest.
Looks like we need more of those "Don't Touch/Rape me" wristbands...

What a ****ing surprise.
Reply 7
Original post by Mathemagicien
Its actually technically illegal to carry pepperspray with the intent to use on humans; the legal loophole is that it is for protection against wild animals.

Which is exactly what they are protecting themselves from.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending