The Student Room Group

Vote your favourite logo design for me...

So, i want to start a etsy shop this year (probably in the summer). I want it to start off as an etsy shop and slowly be able to either open a store or online boutique of my own.
I want to sell handmade art, clothes and jewellery. I have started getting stuff set and ready and will carry on settling everything until about june ish where i plan on starting my etsy shop small and expand bigger.

i dont want to be "just another seller" so i'm trying to make it all as professional and appealing as possible. I made a few logo ideas and i need some help picking which one is the best. I want to keep it simple but i couldnt come up with simple ones.
I really like the first 3 in the picture but i cant decide on an ultimate favourite. Comment or reply the number of the logo design you like the best and any advice for me please. Thank you.

Zakia Logos.png

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
2 or 4, but maybe change the font to something less standard, maybe closer to the font of the Z in 2, and perhaps in a colour other than black?
I pick one
Don't pick 2 whatever u do
Reply 4
Original post by Shan_non
2 or 4, but maybe change the font to something less standard, maybe closer to the font of the Z in 2, and perhaps in a colour other than black?

I like 1,2,3
With number 2 i was thinking if i get enough votes on it i'll use it and remove my name from the bottom. so it'll just be the logo with the 'Z' in the middle (any thoughts?)
Lol definitely 1 or 3 for me.

2 and 4 look kinda cheap, unprofessional for me. I think one is good design for a jewellery store, maybe try and see if you can incorporate the whole word into it rather than just the Z? I think 3 looks fairly professional too.
Reply 6
Original post by John smith33433
I pick one

Do you mind expanding your answer? (i know that's kind of hard but.. ) why do you prefer that one out of the rest?
Also, why not 2?
Reply 7
Original post by AndrewSCO
Lol definitely 1 or 3 for me.

2 and 4 look kinda cheap, unprofessional for me. I think one is good design for a jewellery store, maybe try and see if you can incorporate the whole word into it rather than just the Z? I think 3 looks fairly professional too.

Well, i agree with your idea for 1. It's simple and easy.
I kind of like 2 but that you for your opinion, i did initially think that it looked a bit too much.
My defo favourite is 3. I was thinking of eventually expanding, hopefully opening a store or label brand. So, keeping that in mind is the only real reason i like the 3rd one, comparing it to the likes of new look, river island,chanel etc.

What do you mean putting the whole word in 1 rather than just the Z. where do you think the word should go? under the logo? in the square?
Because 1 looks more professional than the other 3, like Andrew said 2 and 4 looks very tacky and low quality. For 1 if you add some detail above and below the current logo then it will look pretty neat.
Reply 9
Of the four logos you have designed I think that probably number 1 is my favourite. I like the fact it's quite symbol based which I think is good. If I were you, I'd remove the two lines from both side as I think this doesn't really add anything I'd also add 'Zakia' underneath in a dark grey or black while keeping the 'Z' in the middle of the diamond as it is. I have to be honest, my initial impression was that all of the others look quite unprofessional and fairly 'PowerPoint' created. If I were you I'd completely abandon those ones, but that's just my opinion. Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but I'm sure you'd rather have an honest opinion :smile: Hope the advise helps, and good luck with your business!
Because 1 looks more professional than the other 3, like Andrew said 2 and 4 looks very tacky and low quality. For 1 if you add some detail above and below the current logo then it will look pretty neat.

This ^^
I prefer 1 for same reasons and would also suggest the same improvement.
Reply 11

i agree and understand what youre saying, i really like 1 or 3. i feel 3 looks more professional, it kind of need a little help with the black part but i can fix that later. I'm not sure about 1 , it's kind of in between 3 and 2 in terms of too much stuff and professionalism. and what would you do to change 1 then, as in add text where? what? why? ygm
Original post by minionzzz
Well, i agree with your idea for 1. It's simple and easy.
I kind of like 2 but that you for your opinion, i did initially think that it looked a bit too much.
My defo favourite is 3. I was thinking of eventually expanding, hopefully opening a store or label brand. So, keeping that in mind is the only real reason i like the 3rd one, comparing it to the likes of new look, river island,chanel etc.

What do you mean putting the whole word in 1 rather than just the Z. where do you think the word should go? under the logo? in the square?

Yeah sometimes just simple name in font is good enough. Works for tons of companies.

I think you could probably put the whole word just where the Z is now, I don't think it would have to be restricted into one box, you could make it work but putting it centred over the 3 boxes. I agree with the poster above, maybe an extra detail above/below the boxes too could add something.
OK. to be brutally honest:
1. Looks ok but generic
2. I wouldn't pick that, looks like a crosshair with a low res Z in the middle
3. The font looks a little like comic sans, I wouldn't pick this either
4 This looks like a button rather than a logo, I almost clicked it.

Ultimately I'd go with number 1 out of those 4.
(edited 7 years ago)
To be honest 3 looks like a fruit and veg shop logo to me
1 or 3
Reply 17
Original post by harry293
Of the four logos you have designed I think that probably number 1 is my favourite. I like the fact it's quite symbol based which I think is good. If I were you, I'd remove the two lines from both side as I think this doesn't really add anything I'd also add 'Zakia' underneath in a dark grey or black while keeping the 'Z' in the middle of the diamond as it is. I have to be honest, my initial impression was that all of the others look quite unprofessional and fairly 'PowerPoint' created. If I were you I'd completely abandon those ones, but that's just my opinion. Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but I'm sure you'd rather have an honest opinion :smile: Hope the advise helps, and good luck with your business!

Thank you for your feedback. and no it's ok, i'd rather have harsh and truthful to get on the right track.
Good observation, because i did make them in powerpoint lol. i did a logo generator, recreated some using powerpoint but i wanted to make a rough bunch of designs before i use a proper software like photoshop. Personally, i like 1 and 3 , but number 3 needs a bit help with the black parts but i an fix that later, and is that the only improvement you think that number 1 needs ('Zakia' in dark grey or black underneath)
Reply 18
Original post by AndrewSCO
Yeah sometimes just simple name in font is good enough. Works for tons of companies.

I think you could probably put the whole word just where the Z is now, I don't think it would have to be restricted into one box, you could make it work but putting it centred over the 3 boxes. I agree with the poster above, maybe an extra detail above/below the boxes too could add something.

Ok, i'm gonna fix it using everyones suggestions and see which ones they pick from that
Reply 19
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
1 or 3

and if you could only pick one which one would u pick

Quick Reply

Latest