The Student Room Group

Failing Maths

I am failing maths and I'm not sure what to do, I only have a few weeks until my exams and a week until my mocks and I don't know how to revise it - I'm predicted a 6 and I need to get it to take 4 courses at college in the first year. Please help ! I don't know the most basics of maths, I'm awful !!!!!!!!
Original post by aimeedodd
I am failing maths and I'm not sure what to do, I only have a few weeks until my exams and a week until my mocks and I don't know how to revise it - I'm predicted a 6 and I need to get it to take 4 courses at college in the first year. Please help ! I don't know the most basics of maths, I'm awful !!!!!!!!

Don't panic, you have plenty of time to practise before your exams. Your maths will improve massively with practice. Make sure that you making use of all the resources available to you such as past papers, revision guides, YouTube videos, and getting the support that you need from you teachers.

There are some things in maths that you just have to sit down and learn such as angle rules, shapes, certain formulae e.t.c but once you are more comfortable with these it'll give you much more confidence with solving questions. I had to make note cards with the key facts and formulae (lots of colour)on to help me to remember. :smile:
use the website mathsgenie.co.uk
helps a lot!
Reply 3
also "khan academy" is a great resource .
Original post by aimeedodd

First find the syllabus (usually on the examination board's website) and use then use it to work through the content required for your exam. Resources can be find every on the internet.

After you have completed the majority of syllabus, straight away start on past papers, look at your exam technique and see where your weak points are. Rinse and repeat from there ig.

Make sure you practice the questions that are especially highly marked.

Just make sure you actually do the work and don't be a wimp about it (although i know feels) :P

If you don't put anything in, you won't get anything out...
Also, if there is anything you need help on, just ask away :biggrin:
Hi,

I felt like this with my Maths GCSE, but dont worry! I stressed so much that I couldnt revise properly for my other subjects, but in the end it was not worth it! I really suprised myself, I was gaining grade D all year round and my target was a B, I ended up getting a B. Firstly, I defo recommend watching YouTube videos, these are so helpful and you can understand these at your own pace, and also, practise! If you are thinking of studying A levels they are hard! Which ones are you thinking of doing? Message me if you want :smile:

You may end up surprising yourself come results day! Just try your best and you will be fine.

Hope this helps.
Reply 7
Original post by GcseMaths
Hi,

I felt like this with my Maths GCSE, but dont worry! I stressed so much that I couldnt revise properly for my other subjects, but in the end it was not worth it! I really suprised myself, I was gaining grade D all year round and my target was a B, I ended up getting a B. Firstly, I defo recommend watching YouTube videos, these are so helpful and you can understand these at your own pace, and also, practise! If you are thinking of studying A levels they are hard! Which ones are you thinking of doing? Message me if you want :smile:

You may end up surprising yourself come results day! Just try your best and you will be fine.

Hope this helps.

I will have a look at some YouTube videos tonight :smile: I'm currently aiming for a level 6 which USB then equivalent of a B I think. Also, I want to study English Lit, Lang, History and Politics or Classical civilisation and I cannot do four subjects without a C in maths at least....

Quick Reply

Latest