The Student Room Group

Access Course Computing - Cambridge Geography

Hello everyone

I want to apply for Geography at Cambridge this year.
I will be doing from September an Access Course (Computing exactly)
I really enjoy both subjects.
I have been before in courses such as A levels but I felt this is not my route and the teachers were extremely awful and most of them discouraged me a lot.
I am extremely interested in the course that's why I want to apply.
Is there any chance?

Thank you and I hope you all to have a good day
Reply 1
Original post by David98minion
Hello everyone

I want to apply for Geography at Cambridge this year.
I will be doing from September an Access Course (Computing exactly)
I really enjoy both subjects.
I have been before in courses such as A levels but I felt this is not my route and the teachers were extremely awful and most of them discouraged me a lot.
I am extremely interested in the course that's why I want to apply.
Is there any chance?

Thank you and I hope you all to have a good day

Yes an Access to HE can be acceptable.

But I suggest you contact a couple of the mature colleges at Cambridge and ask their opinion.

Also refer to this:
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying/entrance-requirements/access-he-diploma
Original post by jneill
Yes an Access to HE can be acceptable.

But I suggest you contact a couple of the mature colleges at Cambridge and ask their opinion.

Also refer to this:
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying/entrance-requirements/access-he-diploma

I will be 19 when I start the course however I will ask some of them.
Thank you so much for help.
Reply 3
I will be 19 when I start the course however I will ask some of them.
Thank you so much for help.

19? Why are you doing an Access course so soon after A-levels.

It's more for mature students who are returning to education. i.e. not as a replacement for "poor" recent A-levels.

I suspect Cambridge would be concerned by your A-levels as they will still be a recent qualification.
Original post by jneill
19? Why are you doing an Access course so soon after A-levels.

It's more for mature students who are returning to education. i.e. not as a replacement for "poor" recent A-levels.

I suspect Cambridge would be concerned by your A-levels as they will still be a recent qualification.

It's complicated I came from other country. I didnt know what exactly means "A level" but i drop them about 2 years ago after 6 weeks.
Reply 5
It's complicated I came from other country. I didnt know what exactly means "A level" but i drop them about 2 years ago after 6 weeks.

So you didn't sit the exams? Ok that's good :smile:

However one other thing... you need to have a high standard of English for Cambridge. You may have to do IELTS. Check the English language requirements on the Cambridge site.

You definitely need to contact a couple of colleges, not necessarily the mature ones, and ask about your circumstances and what they recommend. Give them your full academic background so they have a clear understanding of your situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending