The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Biology January 10th 2017

Is anyone doing this exam tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I am what grade are you aiming for ??
Reply 2
I'm aiming for an A. It just depends what comes up really. What grade are you aiming for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol I'm aiming for a B/C good luck though
Reply 4
Original post by Ninagabriella
Lol I'm aiming for a B/C good luck though

Ah good luck! I'm sure you'll do really well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
OOh I'm aiming for an A*, i hope it all goes well for you guys :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by EnigmaticAvo
OOh I'm aiming for an A*, i hope it all goes well for you guys :smile:

Thank you and good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hi I also sat the exam today. How did you find the exam? I have a few questions...
How many marks will I need for a C this year and any info on what paper 2 will consist of? Any help would be appreciated. Good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by Rosie5596
Hi I also sat the exam today. How did you find the exam? I have a few questions...
How many marks will I need for a C this year and any info on what paper 2 will consist of? Any help would be appreciated. Good luck!

Hello! I found that the exam really tested my knowledge! How did you find it? I won't be able to tell you how many marks, but on average I think it's around 90 marks for a C - we won't know, officially, till a day before we get our results! Things like the nitrogen cycle seem to come up often - sorry I can't help that much. Hope it goes well for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hello!
And yes, I haven't sat a science paper in years so I found it a little difficult. I totally blanked out as soon as i opened the first page! I think I missed a few questions out too😩 Have to prepare really well for paper 2 now. And oh thanks for that 😀
Reply 10
Hello!
And yes, I haven't sat a science paper in years so I found it a little difficult. I totally blanked out as soon as i opened the first page! I think I missed a few questions out too😩 Have to prepare really well for paper 2 now. And oh thanks for that 😀

Ah yeah, the first question wasn't what I was expecting! 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Hello!

Hello Guys!Wasn't the exam hard? It didn't test many main topics instead concentrated its questions on ecology.I believe that it was very hard.It was more like paper 2. Usually more than 10 Questions come but this time there were only 6.Shouldn't we all complain about this to edexcel?
Reply 12
Original post by geato
Hello Guys!Wasn't the exam hard? It didn't test many main topics instead concentrated its questions on ecology.I believe that it was very hard.It was more like paper 2. Usually more than 10 Questions come but this time there were only 6.Shouldn't we all complain about this to edexcel?

Perhaps paper 2 will be more like paper 1 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Nye2001
Perhaps paper 2 will be more like paper 1 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think so :frown:
Anyone do Paper 2 today? I found it was more difficult than Paper 1 for some reason. There has been a lot of questions on ecology, plants and other topics which I did not revise on much. However there hasn't been any on the human body, balanced diet, etc. I'm quite disappointed...
Reply 15
Anyone do Paper 2 today? I found it was more difficult than Paper 1 for some reason. There has been a lot of questions on ecology, plants and other topics which I did not revise on much. However there hasn't been any on the human body, balanced diet, etc. I'm quite disappointed...

I did the exam and found it alright. I was hoping for something on the heart tbh. I was quite irritated as some of the topics I spent hours revising didn't come up, but that's what exams are like; you can guarantee what comes up:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Nye2001
I did the exam and found it alright. I was hoping for something on the heart tbh. I was quite irritated as some of the topics I spent hours revising didn't come up, but that's what exams are like; you can guarantee what comes up:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

*Can't

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest