The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zpx
As much as I hid from the pool, it still found me. Got pooled to Wolfson, iIf my next interview goes well, they'll give me an offer for 2018. Expected this tbh.
I guess it's my chance, but still...what the heck did just happen?
-
-
-
we don't have the concept of gap year in my country, receiving an offer for 2018 would be more than confusing lol.

Wait so you've already been told if you get an offer from your interview it will be in 2018? Also isn't Wolfson a mature college - are you a mature student? Nevertheless much better than a rejection :smile:
Original post by k.russell
didn't you miss out devilishly handsome?

Nah that's not a stereotype, that's just me.
Original post by charlie_rhia_x
Stressful at the moment as I have mocks soon and of course the decision this week

And no, but I'm making my boyfriend come round on DDay so i will have someone to cry on

how about you?

Good luck on your mocks :smile:

Hahaha I'll be at home waiting until at the latest 3 am in the morning for the email to arrive :biggrin: will probably play video games and stay on tsr to pass the time.

Yes creating a playlist :tongue: will post it on both threads

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ruthie2267
nothing as of yet :biggrin: i'm just stealing the ideas of other people :wink:

My entire DDay playlist is "Bad news" by Bastille on repeat because that's the only news I'll be getting :wink:
Original post by Ruthie2267
nothing as of yet :biggrin: i'm just stealing the ideas of other people :wink:

I have so many mixed emotions about thursday like i don't even know what i'm hoping for
Original post by zpx
As much as I hid from the pool, it still found me. Got pooled to Wolfson, iIf my next interview goes well, they'll give me an offer for 2018. Expected this tbh.
I guess it's my chance, but still...what the heck did just happen?
-
-
-
we don't have the concept of gap year in my country, receiving an offer for 2018 would be more than confusing lol.

Woah, I didn't even know something like that could happen (or that you were a mature student). When is it?
Reply 806
Original post by domaths
Wait so you've already been told if you get an offer from your interview it will be in 2018? Also isn't Wolfson a mature college - are you a mature student? Nevertheless much better than a rejection :smile:

Nope, just an interview for now. Only in the happy case I perform well, they'll give me an offer.
Anyway, with Brexit and this strange situation, I really don't know what to do. No other uni responded to my application, I guess I can only wait
And be extremely stressed about my future.
Original post by wolfmoon88
Good luck on your mocks :smile:

Hahaha I'll be at home waiting until at the latest 3 am in the morning for the email to arrive :biggrin: will probably play video games and stay on tsr to pass the time.

Yes creating a playlist :tongue: will post it on both threads

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg you're getting an email? That's so much better than a letter
I can't stop thinking about D-Day I honestly don't know what to do with myself

No Faith in Fate - I The Mighty
Original post by FrenchNerd2

The screaming at the end of the song will be me
I've tried to stay away from the thread to avoid stressing myself out but with the Big Day coming up I couldn't resist :colondollar:
Mocks week and study leave means I'll be sat at home on Thursday by the doorstep waiting for the postman to deliver my rejection...
Reply 812
Original post by daniilS
Woah, I didn't even know something like that could happen (or that you were a mature student). When is it?

I'm 19 (and somewhat confused about what's happening), but I guess that because I'm born in October, I'll be 21 around the time the 2018 Michaelmas term starts, so that makes me eligible. It's like deferred entry, for gap year or mandatory military service applicants etc.
It'll be on Friday, wish me luck :smile:
Original post by peachykeen

Practice aiming and shooting your rifle. You'd want to take out at least a few Nazis before they take you out.
Original post by peachykeen

watch some heart wrenching emotional films. Start with Fury
Original post by 0kaySadia_
I've tried to stay away from the thread to avoid stressing myself out but with the Big Day coming up I couldn't resist :colondollar:
Mocks week and study leave means I'll be sat at home on Thursday by the doorstep waiting for the postman to deliver my rejection...

At least you'll know as soon as possible. I'm so worried my parents will open my letter whilst I'm at school :s-smilie:

Good luck! (with the decision and the mocks)
Original post by charlie_rhia_x
Omg you're getting an email? That's so much better than a letter

Ofc, international applicant :tongue:

Idk, same apprehension but quicker relief/death :tongue:

Original post by FrenchNerd2

cooool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just change "maybe I'm just meant to be alone" to "maybe I'm just meant to not go to uni" xD
Original post by NeverLucky
Practice aiming and shooting your rifle. You'd want to take out at least a few Nazis before they take you out.

😂😂 for some reason I feel like it's not going to go too well
Original post by zpx
I'm 19 (and somewhat confused about what's happening), but I guess that because I'm born in October, I'll be 21 around the time the 2018 Michaelmas term starts, so that makes me eligible. It's like deferred entry, for gap year or mandatory military service applicants etc.
It'll be on Friday, wish me luck :smile:

So you get to eat popcorn and watch the havoc on Thursday and be thanking God you're not one of the rejects loool