The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charlie_rhia_x
I have so many mixed emotions about thursday like i don't even know what i'm hoping for

tbh i feel like i'm going to be ok either way. like it'd be fab to get an offer, but i have an offer from durham which i really liked when I went to see it so idk. i mean i'll probably be disappointed anyway but at least that softens the blow :biggrin: (also there's a tiny part of me that'd be quite relieved not getting an offer because it's the part of me that thinks i woudln't be able to cope w/ cambridge XD)
Original post by FrenchNerd2
Just change "maybe I'm just meant to be alone" to "maybe I'm just meant to not go to uni" xD

That's depressing. :frown: but apt def apt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zpx
I'm 19 (and somewhat confused about what's happening), but I guess that because I'm born in October, I'll be 21 around the time the 2018 Michaelmas term starts, so that makes me eligible. It's like deferred entry, for gap year or mandatory military service applicants etc.
It'll be on Friday, wish me luck :smile:

That's quite creative by Wolfson (a very good college BTW). Good luck!
Original post by PythagoreanBro
At least you'll know as soon as possible. I'm so worried my parents will open my letter whilst I'm at school :s-smilie:

Good luck! (with the decision and the mocks)

I feel like once I have the letter I just won't want to open it out of fear :afraid: I'm sure they'll wait for you! Good luck to you too!
Original post by wolfmoon88
That's depressing. :frown: but apt def apt

Posted from TSR Mobile

If anyone can chear me up on DDay, it will be I The Mighty
I feel like no matter what I do, I still cannot fully prepare myself for the (most probable) heartbreak on Thursday! I am feeling a weird mix of fear and resignation right now.
(edited 7 years ago)
Is it true if the letter is heavy it's an offer, but otherwise, it's a rejection?
Because it would be so painful opening that up.
Reply 827
Original post by CutieTootsie
So you get to eat popcorn and watch the havoc on Thursday and be thanking God you're not one of the rejects loool

Tbh I'm already rejected for 2017 entry, this interview is a chance to save myself from the exhausting application process next year.
But I haven't received any news from my other choices (all in top 10 in UK for my subject), I don't have any worry that I'll be forced to either a gap year or a bad uni.
But still...I guess it's better that I was rejected earlier, so I don't have to participate to the mass mourning later this week :smile:)
I think I'll be listening to A Little Fall Of Rain nonstop when I'm rejected.

Pretty sure it's gonna snow too :frown:
Original post by Katejcr

And rain will make the flowers grow... :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CutieTootsie
Is it true if the letter is heavy it's an offer, but otherwise, it's a rejection?
Because it would be so painful opening that up.

Not necessarily as some colleges send a one page offer for d-day and then send all the other extra papers later in another letter.
Reply 831
Original post by jneill
That's quite creative by Wolfson (a very good college BTW). Good luck!

Thanks :smile: . I've read some things about Wolfson, it's definitely the best mature college. :P
Original post by zpx
I'm 19 (and somewhat confused about what's happening), but I guess that because I'm born in October, I'll be 21 around the time the 2018 Michaelmas term starts, so that makes me eligible. It's like deferred entry, for gap year or mandatory military service applicants etc.
It'll be on Friday, wish me luck :smile:

Ah I see, I always thought you had to be 21 on the 1st of October. Good luck, remember to update us on how it went!
Original post by zpx
Tbh I'm already rejected for 2017 entry, this interview is a chance to save myself from the exhausting application process next year.
But I haven't received any news from my other choices (all in top 10 in UK for my subject), I don't have any worry that I'll be forced to either a gap year or a bad uni.
But still...I guess it's better that I was rejected earlier, so I don't have to participate to the mass mourning later this week :smile:)

That's a...very interesting way to look at. I don't think you were rejected from 2017 entry per se.
Wolfson could have VERY MUCH wanted to interview you for this year, but because you weren't old enough, they got creative (as jneil pointed out) 😁
I was really hoping for a reinterview too, maybe from a mature college 😭 because my interview was ****, my application is ****, prospects are generally ****.
Original post by Ruthie2267
tbh i feel like i'm going to be ok either way. like it'd be fab to get an offer, but i have an offer from durham which i really liked when I went to see it so idk. i mean i'll probably be disappointed anyway but at least that softens the blow :biggrin: (also there's a tiny part of me that'd be quite relieved not getting an offer because it's the part of me that thinks i woudln't be able to cope w/ cambridge XD)

Same! Sometimes I think that Cambridge won't be right for me and that I made a huge mistake applying to it and so a rejection would just be saving myself from 3 years of misery...
Original post by platelet
Not necessarily as some colleges send a one page offer for d-day and then send all the other extra papers later in another letter.

Ooooooo you're very informed. Gracias ❤️
Original post by 0kaySadia_
I feel like once I have the letter I just won't want to open it out of fear :afraid: I'm sure they'll wait for you! Good luck to you too!

I'll just have to remind them that opening other people's mail is illegal and a rejection might just put me in a bad enough mood to press charges :wink:
Original post by Katejcr

Oh my god that song is the saddest, poor eponine :frown:

Nice that we have a lot of les mis fans on here though!!:lol:
I’m just thinking that if Cambridge reject me, they are a much better assessor of whether I could fit into their education system and if they don’t think I could, I should probably just leave it there and trust them on this one :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending