The Student Room Group

Disagreement with college over entering qualification.

Hi everyone

I would really appreciate to hear your thoughts on the below.

I am doing an Access to HE course, which comprises of 4 subjects, each with 5 modules - these modules being worth 3 credits each. This means a total of 20 modules.

I thought it would be best to list all 20 modules so that the Uni's I am applying to can see what exactly I am studying. For example, 'Nazi Germany', 'Poetry' etc

But my college just want me to add the 4 subjects on my application e.g. English, History, Subject 3, Subject 4. With each being listed as being worth 15 credits.

I've spoken to other Access students on this forum who have added their qualification the first way, listing all of the modules.

I am concerned that Access course contents vary from examining boards and colleges and feel it would be helpful for the Uni's to see what modules I am studying, rather than just 'English' or just 'History'.

I would love to hear your thoughts. My college is trying to get me to change my application because it is 'much clearer' but I am not convinced.

Thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)
My application got sent back to me when I just listed my four subjects rather than all of my modules, so I'd advise putting down ALL of your modules.
Reply 2
Original post by Nicoley-oley
My application got sent back to me when I just listed my four subjects rather than all of my modules, so I'd advise putting down ALL of your modules.

Wow, really?! Sorry that happened to you! Was it your college who sent it back to you?

My college sent my application back to me after I submitted it telling me to change the way I've listed my course, but I am going to keep things as they are.
Original post by lily237
Wow, really?! Sorry that happened to you! Was it your college who sent it back to you?

My college sent my application back to me after I submitted it telling me to change the way I've listed my course, but I am going to keep things as they are.

Yeah luckily it was just my college, they said that universities will be looking for my modules as the subject title is too broad, I guess it's different for every college? But my college wasn't going to let it send until I had changed it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending