The Student Room Group

Top reasons why boys cannot find a girlfriend

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StudentUser2405
Woah, emotional intelligence and intelligence quotient are both very important. To have a low EQ is like having a low IQ. You will not be to deal will everyday life situations or even have important roles in jobs or politics. And tbh, I don't even know why I am having to justify this to you. Clearly you lack in the intelligence to under the aspect of what EQ is.

No it's not, the article clearly stated EQ and IQ are independant lol. High EQ doesn't build the computer you're using, the internet you're connected to or this very forum software you're using.
Reply 81
1) too cocky
2) rude to/about other people
3) insensitive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by l'etranger
Actual reasons:

1) Not social enough

2) Think that women have super high expectations so they basically rule themselves out

3) Being too sensitive and worrying about rejection

Lol these are all true of me.
Still managed one girlfriend. Well, sort of two if you count when I was ten lmao.
4. his mum is making him get an arranged marriage :lol:
Reply 84
Original post by Nottie
None of my boyfriend's friends have a girlfriend and they are feeling quite bad about it. Looking at them I'd say:
1. Being scared of girls (not approaching them, not making eye contact even when the girl initiated)
2. Thinking girls are their properties and should sleep with them cause things (some literally made me feel as if they expected me to offer myself to them)
3. Bad personality (doing drugs, not having any hobbies etc)

1. Girls NEVER initiate
2. No comments
3. Good personality DOES NOT guarantee anything at all
Original post by Supernova91
1. Bad attitude
2. Self righteous
3. Dry

'Hey how are u' wtf we meant to do that this chit chat. :redface:

what exactly is wrong with greeting you and asking how you are?
Reply 86
Original post by Zargabaath
4. his mum is making him get an arranged marriage :lol:

Personally I would prefer that to living miserable life with lots of credits, mortgage, brainwashing and cheating wife and couple of screaming children...
Original post by Recont
Personally I would prefer that to living miserable life with lots of credits, mortgage, brainwashing and cheating wife and couple of screaming children...

pretty sure a wife that married you without ever having feelings toward you would lead to more misery and higher instances of cheating then one who loved you at some point :K:

And arranged marriages still result in kids and mortgages :lol:
Original post by hezzlington
what exactly is wrong with greeting you and asking how you are?

Nothing :smile: but every ****er does it so it's not the most eye catching opening line !
Reply 89
Marie Curie
Her daughter
Rosalind Franklin
Grace Hopper
Dian Fossey

Curie's daughter-no info who contributed more, she or her husband
Curie-agree
Franklin-agree
Rest-studies of gorillas (ehhmm so what?) and contribution to DNA and X-ray but Nobel prize went to completely other people.

Not convincing. Keep googling.
Nothing :smile: but every ****er does it so it's not the most eye catching opening line !

what are your 'opening lines'
Reply 91
Original post by Zargabaath
pretty sure a wife that married you without ever having feelings toward you would lead to more misery and higher instances of cheating then one who loved you at some point :K:

And arranged marriages still result in kids and mortgages :lol:

No feelings is a lot better-clean, cook and do whatever you like.

Arranged-means no initiative. How passive people can have children or mortgages?
what are your 'opening lines'

I'm less into small talk are more into talking about subjects of interest. Usually will start with a common connection and go from there :smile:
Original post by Recont
Curie's daughter-no info who contributed more, she or her husband
Curie-agree
Franklin-agree
Rest-studies of gorillas (ehhmm so what?) and contribution to DNA and X-ray but Nobel prize went to completely other people.

Not convincing. Keep googling.

What exactly am I supposed to be convincing you of? If you want to see the achievements of women in science, google yourself. There are plenty.
I'm less into small talk are more into talking about subjects of interest. Usually will start with a common connection and go from there :smile:

so when you meet a guy in person, what is the very first thing you say to them?
so when you meet a guy in person, what is the very first thing you say to them?

In what kind of scenario ?
For the average male the main thing that prevents them from getting a girl is their own fear of rejection and generally not putting themselves out there or taking advantage of opportunities.
In what kind of scenario ?

I met up with a girl earlier today for coffee and the very first thing I said was "Hey, how's it going?" and that's always been what I say or some variation of. I get that the kids these days have a whole different set of 'rules' for online etiquette, but it baffles me that 'Hey, how are you' could be considered dry.
Reply 98
What exactly am I supposed to be convincing you of? If you want to see the achievements of women in science, google yourself. There are plenty.

Who built house you are living in? Who built, invented and constantly improves car that you drive? Who planned cities, created wheel, electricity, airplanes, firefights, top doctors etc.? Even kitchen is dominated by men, any top cleaning service is provided by men. It is reality. If woman has a choice between being at home and working in 99% cases she would prefer staying at home, do washing and cleaning using gadgets that were created by men :smile:
I met up with a girl earlier today for coffee and the very first thing I said was "Hey, how's it going?" and that's always been what I say or some variation of. I get that the kids these days have a whole different set of 'rules' for online etiquette, but it baffles me that 'Hey, how are you' could be considered dry.

I suppose it refers to online more than anything, then. As in , don't expect anything more than 'fine thank you ' if it's the first time we've ever spoken!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending