The Student Room Group

Mature first year student feeling lonely and isolated :(

As the title says really.

I am a 27 year old mature undergraduate male student living over 200 miles from home. It is my first year and I have just started my second term and feeling particularly sad and lonely. I have this feeling I just want to cry and feel tired most of the time, and it is a massive struggle for me to focus on my studies feeling like this.

All of the mature people on my course have their own families and relationships and are not local, and all of the young students on my course enjoy to party and live the typical student life, which just isn't for me.

I am wondering if anyone can offer some advice?
Original post by Anonymous
As the title says really.

I am a 27 year old mature undergraduate male student living over 200 miles from home. It is my first year and I have just started my second term and feeling particularly sad and lonely. I have this feeling I just want to cry and feel tired most of the time, and it is a massive struggle for me to focus on my studies feeling like this.

All of the mature people on my course have their own families and relationships and are not local, and all of the young students on my course enjoy to party and live the typical student life, which just isn't for me.

I am wondering if anyone can offer some advice?

Have you looked at joining societies, they are a good way to make friends and not always involve 24/7 partying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending