The Student Room Group

Top reasons why boys cannot find a girlfriend

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by hezzlington
Can you give me an example of 'being creative' when you first meet somebody in person.

in my opinion there is absolutely no need to 'be creative' or to try and distinguish yourself from other guys in your 'opening line'.

I'm mostly referring to how one first introduces themselves. You can't expect to get an enthusiastic response when you're indistinguishable from every other man and his dog. Plain greetings are statistically shown to garner fewer responses on dating sites, and it's the same in real life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Recont
Men raised by their fathers tend to have more skills in life. Agree with birth but it may change in future: http://www.topinfopost.com/2015/02/14/artificial-womb-test-tubes

that's a satire/hoax site.
Because most of their time is spent on this.
Original post by RobML
I'm mostly referring to how one first introduces themselves. You can't expect to get an enthusiastic response when you're indistinguishable from every other man and his dog. Plain greetings are statistically shown to garner fewer responses on dating sites, and it's the same in real life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i specified in person, i have no interest in chirpsing girls online.

And that's why I asked for an example of in person, what creative introductions have you came up with??
Her post wasn't anonymous, so I didn't expose her. :smile:

Of course she is, and I wouldn't wish to restrict that, but if she's going to have subtle digs at members AND THEN make such a hypocritical comment about wanting interesting openers when she herself has lacking conversation starters then I just fancy pointing that out.
Reply 125
i specified in person, i have no interest in chirpsing girls online.

And that's why I asked for an example of in person, what creative introductions have you came up with??

Well if I walk up to a girl in a club, merely saying "hello how are you" isn't likely to be successful. Grab them by the attention innit :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 126
Original post by pereira325
Who built house you are living in? Who built, invented and constantly improves car that you drive? Who planned cities, created wheel, electricity, airplanes, firefights, top doctors etc.? Even kitchen is dominated by men, any top cleaning service is provided by men. It is reality. If woman has a choice between being at home and working in 99% cases she would prefer staying at home, do washing and cleaning using gadgets that were created by men

These aren't plain facts and if you can't tell that through common sense, please get your head out of the place where the sun doesn't shine :smile: As they say! Obviously there are examples of women who excel in construction, engineering, medicine... all areas. Women represent half of the population in the UK so you don't have a right to generalise like that, especially negatively! Women create gadgets too, women do everything men do. Bye troll, I took the bait this time :frown:

Fact is a fact. If 2+2=4 and I will tell you it in way you like and way you wouldn't like it does not change fact that 2+2=4. Some women are good in that areas but they use all the previous work of men.

Women population in UK, even if it would be 99% still allows me to express myself in the way I want. If you don't like it-log out. Simple as that.
Reply 127
I'm not sure how her list was a dig at you. You're the complete opposite of self-righteous

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think it's ******** , it's my opinion . And I stand corrected because it defiantly should have just said 'hi' :wink:
Reply 129
that's a satire/hoax site.

Read the same article on NY Times. Or is it hoax again?
Original post by RobML
I'm not sure how her list was a dig at you. You're the complete opposite of self-righteous

Well, evidently she thinks otherwise.

Original post by Supernova91
I don't think it's ******** , it's my opinion . And I stand corrected because it defiantly should have just said 'hi' :wink:

And now we're having digs at my appearance. You are one pathetic individual. Grow up. :laugh:
Original post by RobML
Well if I walk up to a girl in a club, merely saying "hello how are you" isn't likely to be successful. Grab them by the attention innit :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So come on! Tell me what you'd say!!

Okay I'll admit in a club it's sort of different... I've said some pretty random **** to girls in clubs but not because I'm trying hard to be all edgy and interesting, but probably because I was off my tits
Original post by Recont
Read the same article on NY Times. Or is it hoax again?

link me to it?
There was never any dig in the first place , very paranoid, what makes you think any of it is about you.
Reply 134
[citation needed]

Posted from TSR Mobile
True enough, but trust me I know it was aimed at me, especially with her comment at the end.

What I'm trying to say is if she's going to criticized me/someone for using "Hi, how are you" as an opener, then she should be aware that a simple "hi" is not exactly adequate either. Going by her standards.
Original post by Supernova91
There was never any dig in the first place , very paranoid, what makes you think any of it is about you.

I know how people work on internet forums. I'm not stupid. :wink:

Original post by RobML
[citation needed]

"Go **** yourself" doesn't exactly lend itself to a positive opinion.
Reply 137
Original post by Zarek
1) Acne
2) Lack of lightening repartee
2) Theyre only interested in complete babes

Explain the first number 2 please :tongue:
Reply 138
I'm talking about her original comment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by l'etranger
Actual reasons:

1) Not social enough

2) Think that women have super high expectations so they basically rule themselves out

3) Being too sensitive and worrying about rejection

i can confirm #3 however i thought i would get rejected because i'm broke

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending