The Student Room Group

Is it just me who thinks..

Girls shouldn't be too keen?

I recently had a girl pretty full on messaging me trying a bit too hard and it just put me off.

I feel like it's the guy who should do the chasing. Or is that just what I've been taught to think and it's not true?
Original post by Dan24719

I recently had a girl pretty full on messaging me trying a bit too hard and it just put me off.

I feel like it's the guy who should do the chasing. Or is that just what I've been taught to think and it's not true?

Mmmm. Yes and no. Agreed that a girl shouldn't come across as keen, but then, neither should a guy.. otherwise they could be clingy.

But I think it's okay for girls to make the first move etc etc rather than sit there and give subtle hints.
Tbh I don't care. I'd rather people didn't beat around the bush and just went for it. If that's being keen, so be it .
Original post by Dan24719

yes...and no?

if the girls arnt keen, then how would things progress in the relationship or whatever it is?

like i understand how TOO keen is off putting, but leaving it to the guys- would peronsllaly be a bad idea- we live in the 21st century, guys and girls can been as 'keen' as they like, the gender stereotype isnt really..there imo

if the girl doesnt chase then the guy would think that she isnt interested..no?

Im not having a go- just thinking!

personally- i let the guy take lead/chase for while before i start to reciprocate it back-
a) because im a bad flirt
b) if you get on someone you wouldnt have the need to 'try'
(edited 7 years ago)
Lord god. :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Tbh I'd like a girl to be keen towards me.
Original post by UWS
Tbh I'd like a girl to be keen towards me.

*any girl

:rofl::rofl:
Aye then okay, from now on we'll just sit back and let you guys do all the work- see how many relationships actually transpire lmao

Everyone to their own I'd say, it's the kinda person you are that determines how forward you are/should be, not whether you're male or female.
Reply 8
Original post by CleverSquirrel
*any girl

:rofl::rofl:

No thanks, I've had my share of thirsty TSR PMs so no, not any girl :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending