The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ByEeek
Well you say that. I sacked of Facebook a while a go and left my uni Whatsapp group after eejits thought is might be good to post pictures of dead children. The sun still rises in the East and life goes on. To be fair, life has improved since I abandoned Facebook. I focus more on real people rather than fake caricatures of people.

Enjoy your phone!

Agreed- mine broke and I didn't replace it for a few months- best decision. I was so much more productive... only reason I got an new one was so my parents could contact me- they worry easily

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Thorwaway
Honestly if you can't do that then m8, grow some balls, get some money, leave the house for an hour, buy the phone. Saved my lunch money in year 7 and bought a ps3.

mate i don't get lunch money and i don't get money period. and its not like i can hide it
Original post by That'sGreat
How'd you post this then?

He visited the local public library and used the computers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eehaj
Agreed- mine broke and I didn't replace it for a few months- best decision. I was so much more productive... only reason I got an new one was so my parents could contact me- they worry easily

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats why i have the nokia so they can call me and i never wanna pick it up cause i'm embarrased and then i'm in trouble
Original post by Dhanny
He visited the local public library and used the computers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

he is a she and no i wouldn't be in the library at 9 in the evening
Original post by ByEeek
Well you say that. I sacked of Facebook a while a go and left my uni Whatsapp group after eejits thought is might be good to post pictures of dead children. The sun still rises in the East and life goes on. To be fair, life has improved since I abandoned Facebook. I focus more on real people rather than fake caricatures of people.

Enjoy your phone!

i know but u still feel left out. what are u supposed to do when everyone around u is the phone and ur just standing there??
Reply 26
Original post by Arzam45
Are you a south asian by any chance?

They really need to allow emojis on TSR because the bawling emoji describes me right now!
Original post by idontknow123123
mate i don't get lunch money and i don't get money period. and its not like i can hide it

Next level strictness, guess you might have to wait till uni.
Original post by Thorwaway
Next level strictness, guess you might have to wait till uni.

:frown:
Original post by Arzam45
Are you a south asian by any chance?

can u tell?
Reply 30
can u tell?

Oh yea i think that. Are you really?
Lol. You need to take a stand for yourself. Parents aren't always right. A job wouldn't impact your a levels because you can find weekend jobs. I'm doing a levels and I work every Sunday at ASDA and it hasn't impacted my a levels. You need to find a way to balance things out. This sounds like something you would need to explain to your parents. A job is a good thing to put in your personal statement as well to illustrate the skills you have gained and how you can apply them to your chosen course.

After you get a job just buy a phone. You can do what you want with your money. Once you turn 18 you can even get a cheap contract.
Original post by Arzam45
Oh yea i think that. Are you really?

yep
Reply 33
i know but u still feel left out. what are u supposed to do when everyone around u is the phone and ur just standing there??

You realise that if they can't make time for you then, then they'll never make time for you, and they aren't actually your friends.

I'm guessing you're a South Asian young lady like myself, and I didn't get a phone until 2 days before I left Y11. Even then, an old one - the battery lasted no more than 3 hrs on standby mode. Believe me, more than anything else, it taught me who my real friends were.

I still don't have a 'decent' phone, but not having a phone taught me a lot more than having a phone.

You'll appreciate it when you're an adult/parent - just trust me. I know it feels difficult now, but in the long run, your parents actually know what they're doing. :wink:
Get yourself a job or money from someone.
Don't get a phone with less that 2gb RAM, unless an iphone.
If it's an iphone, doesn't matter about specs.
But always get snapdragon or qualcom chips,
I don't have a phone and i'm 16. All my friends have phones and kids younger than me, kinda embarrasing. But my parents don't understand about specs and stuff, and I don't want a crap phone, kek.
buy one secretely? I assume you have no independent income, so you'll have to kind of beg a family member to discretely give you a small amount of money, if your parents require a thorough audit of your expenses, please report them to the authorities, they're clearly insane.
Original post by fahmina
You realise that if they can't make time for you then, then they'll never make time for you, and they aren't actually your friends.

I'm guessing you're a South Asian young lady like myself, and I didn't get a phone until 2 days before I left Y11. Even then, an old one - the battery lasted no more than 3 hrs on standby mode. Believe me, more than anything else, it taught me who my real friends were.

I still don't have a 'decent' phone, but not having a phone taught me a lot more than having a phone.

You'll appreciate it when you're an adult/parent - just trust me. I know it feels difficult now, but in the long run, your parents actually know what they're doing. :wink:

i didn't mean my friends-they are really nice. just in class when you are allowed to use ur phone for work and stuff
Reply 37
Original post by Abdukazam
buy one secretely? I assume you have no independent income, so you'll have to kind of beg a family member to discretely give you a small amount of money, if your parents require a thorough audit of your expenses, please report them to the authorities, they're clearly insane.

Would you do the same if you were in her situation?
Original post by Carthaginian
Get yourself a job or money from someone.
Don't get a phone with less that 2gb RAM, unless an iphone.
If it's an iphone, doesn't matter about specs.
But always get snapdragon or qualcom chips,
I don't have a phone and i'm 16. All my friends have phones and kids younger than me, kinda embarrasing. But my parents don't understand about specs and stuff, and I don't want a crap phone, kek.

i know people i know that are in year 7 have a phone and its really embarrassing
Original post by Arzam45
Would you do the same if you were in her situation?

i was joking about the report thing :rofl:

still her parents are clueless, she needs to grow up at some point

Latest

Trending

Trending