The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i would think its a bonus, as long as she doesn't act snobby or arrogant about it. :colonhash:
but then again its not always about how clever a girl is, there's a lot more too it. :colone:
Reply 21
Intelligence makes everyone more attractive, regardless of their gender.
Reply 22
Original post by 0to100
Couldn't be bothered how well she solves algebra. I'm only interested in one thaaaang..
Kidding I'm not that shallow. I care more about personality than if she's memorised a book, I stick to that. I think people who worry intelligence is offputting will grow up and learn "nerdiness/geekiness" is only a stereotype of being educated. This is an immature concern OP, must say.

its not really a concern, I'm actually just curious- obviously I understand it all changes as you get older haha
Original post by Tea2345
its not really a concern, I'm actually just curious- obviously I understand it all changes as you get older haha

k great
Reply 24
Original post by 0to100
k great

woahhhhh sorry, no need to be so blunt
Everyone is knowledgeable about something.
Reply 26
Definitely. Ditzy girls are annoying, not cute.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tea2345
haha yeah thats the thing, I think guys I have talked to in the past have found me intimidating because of that (I'm not saying I'm a genius, but I'm known for being clever iygm) which is soo annoying, like i am actually a nice person aha

Looking back, most of the girls I've been interested in always were top of the class (and not saying I'm clever but usually I could keep up ;D). An important part of a relationship for me is having intellectual conversations, and so obviously dating an intelligent person it would make it much easier. All you've gotta do though is just show you've got a fun and human side and people will see you for who you are soon enough :biggrin:
Generally more in my opinion. It can get to a point however when it has the opposite effect. (Or is it affect, A level English didn't do much for me)
Original post by Tea2345
woahhhhh sorry, no need to be so blunt

what's the opposite of blunt. I will try to be that more if you tell me.
Its more attractive ofc all things being equal, even better when older. If you revisit the question and look ay it from a noys perspective, then:

Not more attractive if they are insecure/ immature and feel intimidated by the idea someone works hard or is smarter than they are.
Being intelligent as of itself isnt going to override looks, fun personality/ pleasurable company and availability football playstation etc.

Be assured its a very good trait to have though. so be proud of it.
Original post by Nicoley-oley
I'd hope intelligence adds to the attraction? It shouldn't be the only deciding factor but some form of brain is better than none :wink:

lol "some form of brain"
Original post by 999tigger
Its more attractive ofc all things being equal, even better when older. If you revisit the question and look ay it from a noys perspective, then:

Not more attractive if they are insecure/ immature and feel intimidated by the idea someone works hard or is smarter than they are.
Being intelligent as of itself isnt going to override looks, fun personality/ pleasurable company and availability football playstation etc.

Be assured its a very good trait to have though. so be proud of it.

was gonna say...if someone is everything you don't want but intelligent it's not gonna happen. Maybe for someone else it will..I guess.
Reply 33
Original post by Antpoolio
Looking back, most of the girls I've been interested in always were top of the class (and not saying I'm clever but usually I could keep up ;D). An important part of a relationship for me is having intellectual conversations, and so obviously dating an intelligent person it would make it much easier. All you've gotta do though is just show you've got a fun and human side and people will see you for who you are soon enough :biggrin:

yeah thats important to me too :wink:

I'm not like really weird or anything, I get on with pretty much everyone at school and am always smiling (i can't help it lol) but i go to an all girls school so all the guys I talk to don't know me that well- guess its easy to judge
Reply 34
Original post by 0to100
what's the opposite of blunt. I will try to be that more if you tell me.

are you being sarcastic now hahah, lets not argue about this lol
Original post by Tea2345
are you being sarcastic now hahah, lets not argue about this lol

I want to become a better person :moon:

Tell me. Whats the opposite of blunt?
Reply 36
Original post by 0to100
I want to become a better person :moon:

Tell me. Whats the opposite of blunt?

i still think you're being sarcastic....

but still opposite of blunt= not blunt aka being nice ?
Original post by Tea2345

Wrong. The opposite of blunt is sharp :u:

But ok, thanks for the advice. I will be more nice in the future x

now what made you make the thread? Don't tell me you're one of those girls who plays dumb for the stupid pretty boy. He's not worth it. Get those A*.
Reply 38
Original post by 0to100
Wrong. The opposite of blunt is sharp :u:

But ok, thanks for the advice. I will be more nice in the future x

now what made you make the thread? Don't tell me you're one of those girls who plays dumb for the stupid pretty boy. He's not worth it. Get those A*.

haha well clearly I'm not that sharp :wink:

omg ik you're being sarcastic !!!! the x says it all hahaha

idk why I made the thread, I'm procrastinating instead of revising for my mocks lol
I guess I dumb myself down in front of everyone not just the 'stupid pretty boy' (not loads I'm not like really ditzy but a little) because I hate looking clever
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tea2345

Not being blunt does not always equate with being nice.