The Student Room Group

Should people be banned from shopping in their pyjamas?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yeah, can we not restrict what people wear? We already know nudity isn't allowed, everything else should be fine as long as a person is covered up.
How are people getting triggered over a piece of f**king fabric? :rofl: :rofl:

@0to100 a gorgeous fur hat. :h:
Original post by 0to100
I LUV IT :rofl:
adorable that is, now what's occasion? Snow? lol

and do you hve a hat like that

Thanks. :wink:
I'm not sure haha. I needed to find another picture of her which looked sufficiently b****y. :rofl:

I don't, sadly. :frown:
I only have a bobble hat with snowflakes on it.
What does it honestly matter what people wear to the shops, serious question. Just mind your business and buy your milk cos.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 0to100
:toofunny: you mean like a beanie with the rabbit tail thing on it and snowflakes designs? lol omg I cant imagine that :colone:

I'm curious what Emmas valentines day outfit is gonna look like haha

respond in pm
we's derailing fam

Yep. I look cute, of course. :h:

Wait and see. :colone:

Okay, sorry OP. :colondollar:
I've worn my pyjamas to the shop before, it don't exactly matter, mind your own business and do your shopping, its not like ur walking around naked or something.
No they shouldn't be banned, it's just clothing, not tht deep. :colonhash:
No
Original post by cherryred90s
'Bloody disgusting!' Outraged customer posts picture of women shopping in Tesco in their pyjamas - but faces backlash for taking 'photos of strangers'

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4089560/amp/Bloody-disgusting-Outraged-Tesco-shopper-posts-photo-women-wearing-pyjamas-supermarket-aisles-7pm.html?client=safari

These women in the picture later said it was an 'attack on their culture' because they're travellers.

Does it really matter what you wear when you go shopping?

It's a free country. People should wear what they like so long as they're not naked! That's why I like the Scandinavians they are a lot more liberal when it comes to things like this.

I've nothing in the world against people wearing night dress PJs etc in public.

I was however quite angry last summer when my friend was told to leave the Jobcentre on a hot summer day last year for being topless.

Long live Scandinavian tolerance!
Hate people hate this thread
Chris Cook is bananas. Bananas in pyjamas.
People really do ought be slightly more well dressed when going outside. I wouldn't want to second someone in their pyjamas while I'm shopping.
No, just like women who choose to wear the niqaab shouldn't be banned from doing so, different country similar issue.
I used to go shopping in my pajamas all the time, and I'm not even joking
I used to live close to a corner shop (co-op) and I'd be down there literally in a dressing gown if I felt like not many people would be around
I'd get the odd look or two but what was I doing wrong? nuth'n
so why should I have had to put "normal clothes" on if I wanted a snack at like 10pm at night?
have a bit of respect - it's my life, not yours. how on earth is it your business what other people wear or don't wear?
even if I think, for instance, the niqab is disgraceful, I'll never say we should ban it, just like nudity. it's honestly not the state's or anybody's business. it's not a matter of public business whatsoever seeing as it is inherently private
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Miser101
No, just like women who choose to wear the niqaab shouldn't be banned from doing so, different country similar issue.

yeah exactly, I was actually just saying that myself :lol: if we want freedom, we can't just pick and choose
no

people need to stop caring so much
Original post by cherryred90s
'Bloody disgusting!' Outraged customer posts picture of women shopping in Tesco in their pyjamas - but faces backlash for taking 'photos of strangers'

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4089560/amp/Bloody-disgusting-Outraged-Tesco-shopper-posts-photo-women-wearing-pyjamas-supermarket-aisles-7pm.html?client=safari

These women in the picture later said it was an 'attack on their culture' because they're travellers.

Does it really matter what you wear when you go shopping?

While I'd find it a bit strange to see people wearing pyjamas and dressing gowns shopping, at the end of the day it's up to them what they wear. They're not hurting anyone by doing it, and I really think that people should be more tolerant!
This is not only a British phenomenon. Some Chinese people wear pyjamas in their neighbourhood in warm weather. They walk to the corner shop or play cards. The government was concerned about the public image to visitors and tourists. Prior to the Beijing Olympics, there was a state sponsored campaign to refrain from wearing pyjamas in public.
Reply 37
Yes, they should wear burqas whilst shopping instead.
It's one of those things that it's ridiculous to even discuss... no, it shouldn't be banned, because there should be no need to ban it, because people should have some personal standards. Sadly, it's often not the case.
A ban may be a violation of Human Rights to wear pyjamas in public. The European Court of Human Rights better gets ready.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending