The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Naeco
Attachment not found

Your talent makes me insecure and I don't even do art:colonhash:
The good news is that TSR finally let me rep you again :biggrin:
Reply 961
Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
Nah mate, did you not hear about the Brexit vote? They're not taking in any EU Students at all this year. Not one.

Seriously though I assume if you got an interview your BMAT was acceptable. I know two people who did below average in the BMAT and got rejected pre-interview, both Girton applicants.

Please tell me you're joking... I'm an EU applicant and I'm waiting for my decision. Do you mean they wouldn't take them for 2017 but as gap year applicants or?
Original post by Rachel58
UMS averages always make me want to cry as one out of the 2 UMSs that I got is the subject I got a B in...aka my worst subject

I have the exact same issue! Did far better in the 2 subjects I didn't get UMS in, which is so annoying! I bet it has happened to a large number of applicants, though!
Original post by Naeco
Attachment not found

This is so good!! I really love it when you show us your applying-to-Cambridge related drawings :colondollar:
Reply 964
Original post by daniilS
Your talent makes me insecure and I don't even do art:colonhash:
The good news is that TSR finally let me rep you again :biggrin:

hahaha same!!!:tongue:
Original post by cindylol
Hey guys, when r we going to hear back from Cambridge? My friend told me they r going to send the mail out tmrw?

You'll hear back on Thursday
Original post by splle
Please tell me you're joking... I'm an EU applicant and I'm waiting for my decision. Do you mean they wouldn't take them for 2017 but as gap year applicants or?

They're joking :tongue:
Original post by Naeco
hahaha same!!!:tongue:

Oh congrats on the fifth gem by the way!!! :biggrin:
Reply 968
Original post by Christie_xx
This is so good!! I really love it when you show us your applying-to-Cambridge related drawings :colondollar:

Yeah, I found that drawings can make people relax from those nervous things to some extend(?), so I posted some if it can makes us feel less anxious:u:
Reply 969
Original post by daniilS
Oh congrats on the fifth gem by the way!!! :biggrin:

:ahee: ahee aheeeeee thank u!!
Original post by Oddwatermelon
I have the exact same issue! Did far better in the 2 subjects I didn't get UMS in, which is so annoying! I bet it has happened to a large number of applicants, though!

yeah same here for me! my highest ones were in the two i couldn't put down including the subject I have applied for. however, your teachers have likely included the others in your reference, my teachers did and they said it was common to do so
Reply 971
Original post by Christie_xx
They're joking :tongue:

Haha oh at this point I'm so nervous I take everything seriously
@jneill when will we (pooled people) find out? After the 19th?
Original post by Naeco
:ahee: ahee aheeeeee thank u!!

Screenshot_2017-01-09-23-23-06-1.png

aaaaand there we go again :colonhash:
Original post by Naeco
Yeah, I found that drawings can make people relax from those nervous things to some extend(?), so I posted some if it can makes us feel less anxious:u:

That's incredibly sweet of you! And it worked :tongue:
Original post by Redcoats
I am currently in year 12, hoping to apply to Cambridge for a maths degree next year.

I am in two minds about whether or not to apply to the Sutton Trust and UNIQ summer school; I have am/have been involved with the following:

- Oxford Shadowing Scheme (completed)
- Cambridge Shadowing Scheme (2nd February - 4th)
- Homerton Shadowing Scheme (waiting)
- Oxford Pathways Programme (waiting)

I have already had a taste of university life so is there much point in doing the summer schools? Has anyone else done either the Sutton Trust, UNIQ or Homerton summer schools?

I would really only be applying for it to appear favourable on my application next year.

Thanks

It may be helpful for you, but is of absolutely no influence to the selection process.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oddwatermelon

If all my subjects had UMS, my average would be around 94% which is good, but right now it's 87% which is a lot worse than the successful average...
Reply 977
Original post by daniilS
Screenshot_2017-01-09-23-23-06-1.png

aaaaand there we go again :colonhash:

lololololololol.png
noooooooo:colone:
Original post by Naeco
lololololololol.png
noooooooo:colone:

Don't worry, there's a new day tomorrow full of fresh new rep to give :wink: (speaking of which I should probably go to bed because my day starts with a biology exam ;-; )
Gave you both the rep :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending