The Student Room Group

french literature choices AQA - help!

I'm looking into the choices for my French course. Basically you have to choose two texts or a text and a film to study. I know very little about any of these and was wondering if anyone has studied/knows about any of them and could tell me about the content, feel, etc. of the different options, whether or not they enjoyed them, why or why not . . . any comments would be appreciated!

Texts:

Molière Le Tartuffe

Voltaire Candide

Guy de Maupassant Boule de Suif et autres contes de la guerre

Albert Camus L’étranger

Françoise Sagan Bonjour tristesse

Claire Etcherelli Elise ou la vraie vie

Joseph Joffo Un sac de billes

Faïza Guène Kiffe kiffe demain

Philippe Grimbert Un secret

Delphine de Vigan No et moi

Films:

Les 400 coups François Truffaut (1959)

Au revoir les enfants Louis Malle (1987)

La Haine Mathieu Kassovitz (1995)

L’auberge espagnole Cédric Klapisch (2002)

Un long dimanche de fiançailles Jean-Pierre Jeunet (2004)

Entre les murs Laurent Cantet (2008)

Thank you!
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi,

I ended up choosing to do one film this year and a book next year! At the moment I'm doing "Au revoir les enfants" and its pretty easy to analyse as the main themes and ideas are explicit. It's a very enjoyable film to study if your into world war 2 and all that. But I've also heard "Les 400 coups" is a popular choice but I wouldn't say its a film to study unless you feel really passionate about the film.

Good luck choosing :smile:
Original post by Becca070600
Hi,

I ended up choosing to do one film this year and a book next year! At the moment I'm doing "Au revoir les enfants" and its pretty easy to analyse as the main themes and ideas are explicit. It's a very enjoyable film to study if your into world war 2 and all that. But I've also heard "Les 400 coups" is a popular choice but I wouldn't say its a film to study unless you feel really passionate about the film.

Good luck choosing :smile:

Thank you for replying! Au revoir les enfants does sound interesting. My tutor's doing La Haine with her class and she says it's pretty violent but extraordinarily relevant to today's issues (in France).
*bump*

Quick Reply

Latest