The Student Room Group

What are the pros and cons of dating you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by Anonymous
Why omg? Yea much easier to tag than quote the OP

You might know me lol

Most guys do, never known a guy not too.

Have we spoken before? :holmes:
Original post by UWS
Have we spoken before? :holmes:

Maybe, maybe not.
Original post by TorpidPhil
Ooo this is an interesting thread actually. I'm gonna be totally honest here.

Cons -
I'm really judgmental and if you start gaining a significant amount of weight for no obvious external factor, but just because you don't care anymore, we're gonna have a problem. Or if you just decide to get a septum piercing. Nope. Not happening. I feel you have a duty to look good for you partner and yes, if that means avoiding some style options, so be it.

On the judgmental thing I have a tendency to really intensely analyse everything a friend does. And so if you try to get consoling from me I might end up psychologically grilling you instead. I mean, I'll try and comfort you too of course but, it might not be what you are looking for at the time and if you are not an introspective person and an intellectual one you probs won't enjoy the grilling.

I don't go out to bars/clubs.

I don't take selfies.

I don't -really- watch movies on my own - I will with you, but I won't get the cultural references lol and there will be a hell of a lot of catching up to do.

I still live at home.

I'm a hopeless romantic so if you find hand-written letters, bouquets of flowers, long-walks at night alone, picnics in the park and the sort cringe-worthy, **** you.

On the above I also am rather blunt with my opinions and very strong opinioned. I cannot tolerate those who take scripture to be particularly relevant to their belief in God or morals. Or super PC politics. Definitely can't stand the feminist stuck-up-themselves, constantly a victim, sort of girls...

Fairly needy for a guy. Weekly dates are a thing that will persist for months before we swap to bi-weekly and choose to just chill with one another at home instead when we meet.

I'm only 165cm tall. So really short for a guy (5'5).

Pros -

A lot of the cons if you are the right person!

I won't just comfort you with hugs and talk of sweet nothings. I will actively try to get you to change your life for the better.

I'm a good listener and very empathetic.

Fairly needy for a guy. Weekly dates are a thing that will persist for months before we swap to bi-weekly and choose to just chill with one another at home instead when we meet.

I'm a hopeless romantic! See cons.

I give great hugs, great cuddles and pretty decent kisses.

I'm objectively good in bed and very sexually versatile. Also very sexually open minded so unless your kink is super extreme (blood or gross bodily fluids) I'll probably be able and willing to help you with it and... you'll be a very happy lady that night before your cuddles.

I'm in shape, work as a doorman and am an amateur MMA fighter. If that sort of man turns you on or you like rough sex... Well. Big pro there :wink:

I'm good at saving money and I'm not afraid of pampering a girl that is worth it. I also like PDA and am perfectly content being proud of my girl. She's my baby so why wouldn't I be?

I'm shameless, not in a weird sexual sense, but just in what I say or do. I'll sing around you, dance around you. Flutter around like a butterfly, be honest with you, tell you my woes etc. And getting to that stage will only take a month rather than 10years... A huge pro imo. I adore people like that myself. I think it is super important to having a good relationship - you need that honest communication and comfort when around one another.

Toridphil am I understanding correctly that you are a doorman and MMA fighter but still live with your parents?

Does not compute.
Original post by FranktheYank
Toridphil am I understanding correctly that you are a doorman and MMA fighter but still live with your parents?

Does not compute.

Correct. I said I was good at saving money and I am still attending university in my home city sooooo. That saves me A LOT of money.

I also don't drink so, you know that whole part of the uni lifestyle isn't for me so I don't need to move out for that. The sex part is the most inconvenient since I can't just drag girls home on a whim. But I compensate lol...

I definitely want to move out, but saving money is more important atm, when I finish uni next year I will do it. Have my own car and be able to pay for a decent place all on my own.

I don't go on holiday either because it costs too much to be worth it imo! I'd rather more days off work!
Got it.

Long term finances are strong with this one.
Original post by UWS
So you agree :holmes:

I am sweet :yep:
seven is the bomb!!
Original post by UWS
Sometimes I feel the "Too nice" tag applies to me too :rofl:... Make that all the time..

You're more than welcome to slide into my DMs :wink:

What can you bake? :holmes:

I'm sure you have way more pros than that :biggrin:

Great list mate :biggrin:

Any girl will be swooning over you with those pros :smile:

Someone on this thread could change that :mmm:

Interesting situation there... I'd take the chance :tongue:

I'm sure you have way more pros than that :biggrin:

Great list mate :biggrin:

Any girl will be swooning over you with those pros :smile:

Someone on this thread could change that :mmm:

I'll bake you what you want:tongue:but mostly cupcakes aha
Original post by UWS
You are a really cool guy from what I know mate :biggrin:

Hope everything's going well with you too :top:

Hey thanks mate, I can say the same things about you :wink: Wish you all the best :smile:
Original post by suga(r)
Perfect date proposal tbh
But only if you buy honey buddha chips (i wanna try it out so bad because it sounds so yummi but it's like 5$/bag on ebay and im too poor to afford that type of luxury)

It`s legit so expensive T.T
I hope I`ll make it to Korea on time before the Honey Butter chip craze is over xD It`s a little bit cheaper on orientalmart (i think it`s around 1.60 or something per pack but not sureeeee)

Up for the spontaneous life - lets go to korea and buy an aisle of Honey Butter chips :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Pros
I'd be completely loyal, there whenever you needed me

Cons
I overreact to everything
Pros
I have some KFC and pizza.
Cons
I'm not sharing the pizza.
Original post by suga(r)
*high five* I appreciate it so much I even cosplayed as Seven but this is a dirty weeb secret of mine

*high five 2* Ayyyy high IQ squad member, 'sup B)

*high five 3* if you can cook yummi carbonara pasta then you're perfect tbh

And what languages do you speak? Aaaaah I love languages so much but I'm already struggling with my 2nd foreign language because I have a sh-tty teacher and I don't have the time/energy to learn it by myself

Can cook yummi yummi pasta, noodles, all the carbs, cakes, cookies etc, check!! *high five*
Can appreciate "dirty" secrets *cough* Seven *cough*, check!! *intense high five*

Ooo what language is that that you`re learning? I find it`s so much easier to learn a language if you have some regular form of entertainment that is in that language - it helps so much!
I`ve learnt so much Japanese from subbed anime and songs etc. I know for some they need formal lessons but entertainment does it for me - it sinks in so much more when you`re enjoying it.
French I learnt formally at school but we had a new teacher every term bcs the old ones kept leaving xD Somehow still managed to speak it well (I`d say I`m advanced) by the end of 2 years.
Arabic I picked up from my mum, she taught me to fluency, and I don`t have an accent! When I travel to arabian countries people don`t believe I wasn`t born/ raised there haha. I can speak some chemistry too, but I don`t count that because I`m not fluent yet xD
What`s your first foreign language? And it`s a privilege to be part of the high IQ team B) *counts blessings*
(edited 7 years ago)
Pros:
I'm chilled and down for anything

Cons:
I will probably dump you after 6 months. After 6 months together, I will know quite a bit about you; some things about you I will love, some things about you I will hate. I have trouble dealing with the things I don't like about you.
Reply 294
Original post by XOR_
Pros
I have some KFC and pizza.
Cons
I'm not sharing the pizza.

But you will share that KFC, no way you're having a bucket to yourself :unimpressed:

Original post by alishba-rosex
I'll bake you what you want:tongue:but mostly cupcakes aha

I'll take anything :sexface:

Original post by emma_louise1
Pros:
I'm chilled and down for anything

Cons:
I will probably dump you after 6 months. After 6 months together, I will know quite a bit about you; some things about you I will love, some things about you I will hate. I have trouble dealing with the things I don't like about you.

6 month investment though.. :hmmmm:
Pros 😜
- I'm a positive person - I do whatever I can to make other people happy.
- I like witty banter! 😂
- I'm very outgoing 😂
- I like to bake and write stories 😄
- I don't judge people on their past.
- I'm open to having new experiences 😆

Cons 😂😂
- I can sometimes be too opinionated 😂
- I'm too nice - I give people more chances then I should.
- There are certain foods, like Ben and Jerry's Ice cream that I find extremely difficult to share 😂😋
Reply 296
Original post by UWS
Sometimes I feel the "Too nice" tag applies to me too :rofl:... Make that all the time..

You too :five:

The number of times I've been told this by people + the number of times I'm lectured on how it's gonna destroy me by friends :facepalm:

I definitely know those are cons... proud of them actually :smug:
But on a dating side of things... They might definitely be a con :hide: I think 😅
Original post by BurstingBubbles
. I want to make my OH feel appreciated too.

It`s OH - *
you can lose a mark if you forget the charges
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by UWS
But you will share that KFC, no way you're having a bucket to yourself :unimpressed:

That is actually an accomplishment if they can eat that without being sick.
Another pro :biggrin:

* Dismisses vegans shaking fists in anger *
I guess what you'd consider to be the pros and cons of me depend on your personality, but I would probably say that:

Pros

I'm generally very friendly and will always be loyal
I can cook fairly well
I love cuddles!
If you like cats, I am also a cat lover
I love metal, so if you like metal music, we'd be a great match \m/

Cons

I'm very quiet
I don't enjoy going out to clubs or other loud and/or busy places, except for concerts
If you prefer, erm, larger ladies, then I am definitely not for you :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending