The Student Room Group

"We don't tip black people" Black waitress told.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MathsAndCoffee
I don't tip anyone. It's the responsibility of there employer to provide a decent wage not me.

Completely besides the point
Original post by StrawbAri
Sigh. Realise that both sides are doing the same thing.

1. When those four people kidnapped and tortured that white guy people everywhere got their pitchforks ready without knowing whether it was a fake story or not because like this it also seemed really odd.

!!!!!!!!
I don't tip anyone. It's the responsibility of there employer to provide a decent wage not me.

Don't ever visit the US; tipping is pretty much compulsory for everything.

For example, if you buy a few drinks in a bar then you'd be expected to leave a tip. There's no way you'd even think about that here in the UK.
Original post by theDanIdentity
i call massive ******** on this.

the liberal part of society do not fail to surprise me. constant lies and hypocrisy.

OP; i'm placing 50£ bet that this **** is false.

surely even you can see that this is just a means of creating racial tensions caused by donald trumps election? a means of liberals to belittle the elections' effectiveness by trying (and failing) to create more divide by pining it on white people? i mean, lets play devil advocate. say you're a racist; or what-have-you and you utterly detest black people. why on earth would you even bother going to a restaurnt with black waitresses in the first place? why would you want to look at them? eat the food they bring you? even attempt to be in the same room as them? surely your fears of being poisoned or killed by black witchery would be more prevalent than acting in such a backward, liberal-esque manner?? (there are several sources that have dispelled All if not 95% of hate crimes that occured after/during the election as paid jobs sanctioned by the liberal elite directly or indirectly. google 'election hate hoaxes' and click on any of the links there). this is utter ****.

oh **** out of here with your defeatist attitude. grow up and realize that not every single race on earth is out to get you all of the time. when on earth will you realize that matters of the past (re: slavery/racial tensions) are best left in their origins? grow a ****ing pair mate. besides, people love being racist to anyone! in any country! even in america! i mean, wasn't it just last week wherein CNN refused to sanction a hit on a disabled individual as what it was; a hate crime?? four individuals walked up to this dude and tortured him! yet CNN refuse to call them what it was; an attack on a poor individual; who's only crime in life was being white.

this story is just another fad/fake-news that the msm will most doubtly pick up on in order to portray white people as racists; whereas black people aren't exactly saints (but no one wants to talk about that. not even the 'white' news agencies; who are supposed to be on 'whites' side).

the hypocrisy.

No white person gets killed for being white and you're too idiotic to realise that. You're telling me to grow up but please look at the way you replied to me.
Original post by Dandaman1
In the international news-worthy incident, a black waitress in Virginia was allegedly left a note by customers saying they 'don't tip black people.'

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38561883

Due to previous incidents similar to this which have (all?) been revealed as hoaxes in recent months (homophobic/racist cakes, receipts...), the BBC has made doubly sure to mention this in th- ...Ah, never mind.

Who's taking bets?

If I had the cash, I would tip anyone who did effectice service!
Reason:
I am not a racist ****
racism init
Original post by gwaggy
What I don't understand is why they were obliged to tell her? They could have just said thanks, but no, they told her 'we loved the service but we won't tip you cos you're black' basically. Are they proud to be identified and called racists? Like wtf.

Presumably they are. If thats what they believe and you feel safe having those views, then its hardly surpising they would come to the surface. Wait to see how it pans out.
Reply 27
Original post by emerald7770
No white person gets killed for being white and you're too idiotic to realise that. You're telling me to grow up but please look at the way you replied to me.

Just like no white person is kidnapped and tortured for being white
Reply 28
Yea, some real issues going on with racism, let's reduce its emphasis by saying it could also be a hoax.

**** you
Reply 29
i call massive ******** on this.

the liberal part of society do not fail to surprise me. constant lies and hypocrisy.

OP; i'm placing 50£ bet that this **** is false.

surely even you can see that this is just a means of creating racial tensions caused by donald trumps election? a means of liberals to belittle the elections' effectiveness by trying (and failing) to create more divide by pining it on white people? i mean, lets play devil advocate. say you're a racist; or what-have-you and you utterly detest black people. why on earth would you even bother going to a restaurnt with black waitresses in the first place? why would you want to look at them? eat the food they bring you? even attempt to be in the same room as them? surely your fears of being poisoned or killed by black witchery would be more prevalent than acting in such a backward, liberal-esque manner?? (there are several sources that have dispelled All if not 95% of hate crimes that occured after/during the election as paid jobs sanctioned by the liberal elite directly or indirectly. google 'election hate hoaxes' and click on any of the links there). this is utter ****.

oh **** out of here with your defeatist attitude. grow up and realize that not every single race on earth is out to get you all of the time. when on earth will you realize that matters of the past (re: slavery/racial tensions) are best left in their origins? grow a ****ing pair mate. besides, people love being racist to anyone! in any country! even in america! i mean, wasn't it just last week wherein CNN refused to sanction a hit on a disabled individual as what it was; a hate crime?? four individuals walked up to this dude and tortured him! yet CNN refuse to call them what it was; an attack on a poor individual; who's only crime in life was being white.

this story is just another fad/fake-news that the msm will most doubtly pick up on in order to portray white people as racists; whereas black people aren't exactly saints (but no one wants to talk about that. not even the 'white' news agencies; who are supposed to be on 'whites' side).

the hypocrisy.

STFU you don't know what about life, don't pretend too. Good day
Original post by emerald7770

"no white person gets killed for being white"? what ****ery. how deep do you have to be in your safe space that you can't realize the poppy cock and drivel you're spouting? what, are you telling me that whites have super powers and don't bleed like everyone does? even if that were the case, would that justify their genocide?
i don't much care about the reasons for the killings and frankly, two wrongs don't make a right; but i'd be damned if i didn't call if for what it is - pettiness.
regardless, tell that to all the police forces that died whilst in service for america. you get back to me on that. or these innocent individuals:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3681611/Tennessee-gunman-shot-postal-carrier-dead-wounded-three-targeted-white-people-angry-police-shooting-African-Americans.html
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/american-assassin-shoots-dead-5-8381960
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/08/dallas-police-shooting-gunman-kill-white-officers
http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/dallas-shooting-gunman-micah-johnson-wanted-to-kill-white-people-especially-white-officers/news-story/7286a44f2bd0ac505d88cbb14c69152c
https://heatst.com/politics/im-about-to-steal-this-crackers-car-mayhem-in-milwaukee-as-rioters-target-whites-after-police-shooting/
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-08/one-dead-after-black-gunman-shoots-passing-cars-tennessee-highway-targeting-police-w
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-tennessee-shooter-targeted-white-victims-similar-to-dallas-ambush/
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-police-idUSKCN0ZN0MF
Original post by dmz
STFU you don't know what about life, don't pretend too. Good day

what amazing debating skills you have. i'm so shocked at your facts, evidence and compelling story that i've decided to desist from my logic-seeking ways.

oh wise councillor and mighty sage of life, i know nothing and completely forgot you had mastered all there is one could possibly seek to know about life and it's troubling mysteries across the known galaxies and realms.

seriously, how on earth do you expect reason to be achieved if at all points in time of debate you decide to shut the opposition instead of communication?

and no. i don't know about life; but i do know a targeted attack when i see one.

Except this is in America where they have a different culture and practices on tipping. Are you in the US , UK or elsewhere?
Original post by joecphillips
Just like no white person is kidnapped and tortured for being white

I thought he was tortured for voting trump? :s-smilie:
Original post by StrawbAri
Sigh. Realise that both sides are doing the same thing.

1. When those four people kidnapped and tortured that white guy people everywhere got their pitchforks ready without knowing whether it was a fake story or not because like this it also seemed really odd.
2. What do you mean no one wants to talk about it when black people do unsavoury things? There were about three threads about the kidnapping incident on here, it was picked up by most msm outlets and the perpetrators went to jail immediately.

Also how come white on ethnic minorty hate crime is always fake/false but ethnic minority on white hate crim is never ever false/fake?

you're actually conversing with me and not telling me to shut-up/showering insults my way. TSR is full of surprises. very well, i give. let's do this.

1 & 2) actually, if you'd care to journey with me, you'll find out that most didn't give this story the magnitude/pitchforks it would've obtained were the races reversed (hell even white people didn't bother rioting... funny that):

http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/item/25085-media-evil-cbs-portrays-white-chicago-torture-victim-as-black-teen-assaulted-by-whites
http://heatst.com/culture-wars/cbs-news-assailed-for-distorted-and-biased-report-on-chicago-facebook-beating/
http://heatst.com/culture-wars/twitter-radicals-exonerate-black-teens-who-tortured-young-white-man-in-chicago/

like, i understand no one's a saint in all this, but come on. when does the pettiness stop?

3) no one's saying that all racist attacks by ol' whitey over here is automatically deemed false and inconceivable; after all the KKK still exists so take from that what you will.
black people (mostly left-leaning individuals) are getting pissed at others (the right-politically leaning individuals) trying to justify the supposedly huge number whiteys' attacks (however limited the attacks may seem to be to the right-wing; may not be the same to the left-wing); but getting couple of things fundamentally wrong: i) two wrongs do not make a right and ii) the acts of bad policemen do not mean the entire police force or hell every white individual is to blame for those attacks. this type of stereotyping in reverse after all, is only ever treated with the most highest disdain.. and ******** like this and it's apparent interpretation by black people to mean a race war, doesn't particularly help the nation in anyway.
so in conclusion, i'm saying there are two wrong factions here (taking only recent and prevailing media/news into account); the black people (culprit number 1) that resort to violence and ultimately believe that all whites be killed because the policemen are supposedly targeting them and protests all because they listened to the msm (culprit number 2)
The door to this kind of overt racism is opened by those politicians of the Right who have repeatedly targeted 'PC correctness' as some kind of burden on the privileged, whereas in fact it's about common sense decency and politeness. Here's what we have as a result and it's not just the US - there has been a wave of racist incidents and behaviour in the UK following the Brexit result. Farage's politics are also aimed at denigrating a decent society and stirring up hate.

It's wonderful to see the people of Virginia rallying around and sticking up for this waitress. We should all be watchful for things like this here, many people think that Farage and his supporters in the government have given them permission to behave in publicly racist ways. We need to fight back against it.
Reply 36
what amazing debating skills you have. i'm so shocked at your facts, evidence and compelling story that i've decided to desist from my logic-seeking ways.

oh wise councillor and mighty sage of life, i know nothing and completely forgot you had mastered all there is one could possibly seek to know about life and it's troubling mysteries across the known galaxies and realms.

seriously, how on earth do you expect reason to be achieved if at all points in time of debate you decide to shut the opposition instead of communication?

and no. i don't know about life; but i do know a targeted attack when i see one.

Cause you're talking so much **** out of your ass, I contemplated debate till I read more than a few lines and there was so much ignorant BS I didn't even know where to begin, then I thought why bother, you have too much misled opinion already set in place, why bother wasting my time explain why you're wrong?

It's just baffling when someone has so much to say about something they know little about.

E: autocorrect, etc
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 37
With the whole black people do this and that, y'all need to chill. It's like

Act 1 scene 1

The middle east are bombing each other, people dying daily,

China enters, drops a bomb on the middle east
China : they kill each other all the time anyway, what does it matter?

Sure, issues and that whatever, how does it make it okay for anyone else to start mistreating another race because some of them do it to themselves? I grew up fighting my brothers beating the **** out of each other, doesn't mean a randomer on the street can come start hitting my little brother just cos we hit each other.

If you haven't experienced racism, don't speak, just don't if it's not positive don't care about your views. You've not been in that position, you've not experienced the hurt and the feeling to be made feel like a second class citizen. Lots of things gets said in the media, sure not all are true but I don't see a lot of question mark next to the other things but oh it's racism, let's downplay it. If you don't understand, abstain, don't pretend you do. It's insulting.
you're actually conversing with me and not telling me to shut-up/showering insults my way. TSR is full of surprises. very well, i give. let's do this.

Lol I'm not petty and disgruntled like most people on here that resort to insults.

1 & 2) actually, if you'd care to journey with me, you'll find out that most didn't give this story the magnitude/pitchforks it would've obtained were the races reversed (hell even white people didn't bother rioting... funny that):

http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/item/25085-media-evil-cbs-portrays-white-chicago-torture-victim-as-black-teen-assaulted-by-whites
http://heatst.com/culture-wars/cbs-news-assailed-for-distorted-and-biased-report-on-chicago-facebook-beating/
http://heatst.com/culture-wars/twitter-radicals-exonerate-black-teens-who-tortured-young-white-man-in-chicago/

like, i understand no one's a saint in all this, but come on. when does the pettiness stop?

It depends on where you look. If you look on twitter obviously you won't get to see all the people that got angry about it and it'll seem like it didn't cause much outrage. If you look on places like Reddit, /pol/, breibart, Fox News, stormfront you'll find a lot of people were calling for blacks to be lynched since we all clearly support the people that tortured the poor guy etc etc.
That's the thing about the Internet. It's easy to misinterpret general opinions based on sites you visit. The people on twitter that supported that **** are just a vocal minority same way the people on stormfront are a vocal minority.

3) no one's saying that all racist attacks by ol' whitey over here is automatically deemed false and inconceivable; after all the KKK still exists so take from that what you will.
black people (mostly left-leaning individuals) are getting pissed at others (the right-politically leaning individuals) trying to justify the supposedly huge number whiteys' attacks (however limited the attacks may seem to be to the right-wing; may not be the same to the left-wing); but getting couple of things fundamentally wrong: i) two wrongs do not make a right and ii) the acts of bad policemen do not mean the entire police force or hell every white individual is to blame for those attacks. this type of stereotyping in reverse after all, is only ever treated with the most highest disdain.. and ******** like this and it's apparent interpretation by black people to mean a race war, doesn't particularly help the nation in anyway.
so in conclusion, i'm saying there are two wrong factions here (taking only recent and prevailing media/news into account); the black people (culprit number 1) that resort to violence and ultimately believe that all whites be killed because the policemen are supposedly targeting them and protests all because they listened to the msm (culprit number 2)

The thing is I don't actually disagree it's just that people forget that no matter how you reverse the races certain people will react very very similarly. The same way people tar the entire police force and all white people with the same brush is the same way people will use that kidnapping as a chance to paint every black person as violent and unhinged.

Replies bolded
Reply 39
Original post by cherryred90s
I thought he was tortured for voting trump? :s-smilie:

It was for being white and for voting trump that was the 2 reasons they were saying "f trump" and "f white people" is what they were saying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending