The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Setarehp
Hi thanks I don't know where to look do you have any websites? Plus I am looking at rent too

Hey! since I will also be enrolling this year I'm not very sure with the info on accommodation.
This is the link for dorms- http://kam.cuni.cz/KAMEN-56.html (You will anyway be offered one with your admission letter yeah?)
And about renting out a flat - there are some student agencies recommended in the faculty's website - have a look at them http://text.lf1.cuni.cz/en/student-agencies-helping-with-accommodation
Hope this helps:smile:
Reply 441
Original post by Setarehp
hi i got into charles university for dentistry and i was wondering if anyone recommends any websites for accommodation or anything that would help in general. Thanks

hey did you do maths? if you did what sort of topics came up? Any particular topics you didn't really like?
I sat the Charles test a few days ago without success I guess the passing mark is too high, you needed 80% to pass! I'm thinking of sitting the entrance test for Palacky now as it's very similar to this one.

Iv registered for the 30th July test date in London.Still deciding if I should put an application through for the Bulgarian universities with Tutelage. They said i am eligible for all the unis to start in September there. I guess will keep it as my backup!

Anyone else in the same situation?
I was just wondering if Charles actually care about your a-level grades when you go to your enrolment? Im really worried.
Hi i was just wondering from experience if they do really care about a-level when you enrol!

Original post by VoodooTik
It's not that high, only 28 people (out of 150) got kicked out after winter semester, but then again more might be kicked out at the end of summer. It depends with the teacher you have. Some teachers are hardcore and if you fail the weekly tests three times, then you get put in the winter credit test, a very hard test. You fail, then you get kicked out. You have three attempts at the credit test. My anatomy teacher sets hard tests, but she allows us to retake as many times as we want. If you don't correct all of the tests by the end of winter semester, then she will put you in the credit test.

Basically, work hard and failure will never come your way :smile:
Hi i was just wondering if they really cared about you're alevel grades. When you went to enrol what did they say about alevels?

Original post by usman93123
Hi i've been offered a place where are you looking to stay as I am not entirely sure which place is the best
Hi guys im gonna do my entrance exam for hradec kralove this sunday. Does anyone have any advice? the help is much appreciated :smile:
When you say attachments what do
You mean? Do you mean work placements or ?
Reply 448
Original post by um.
Good luck! I too gave my entrance exam in Dubai for Charles Uni faculty in Hradec Kralove and I got accepted so I'll be joining that faculty this Sept.

Hey, I'm writing the entrance exam for Hradec Kralove on the 18th of Feb in Dubai, I was wondering if there's any tips you can possibly share, I would really appreciate it. How is your experience there so far? I really would like to know, I'm contemplating on which faculty to go to at the moment so any help would be really appreciated. Thank you!
Original post by ZeinM
Hey, I'm writing the entrance exam for Hradec Kralove on the 18th of Feb in Dubai, I was wondering if there's any tips you can possibly share, I would really appreciate it. How is your experience there so far? I really would like to know, I'm contemplating on which faculty to go to at the moment so any help would be really appreciated. Thank you!

Good luck, i might be taking the Hradec Kralove, Charles 1st Fac, Masaryk and Palacky exams in London in April. Keeping my options open!
Reply 450
Original post by onthemoon
Good luck, i might be taking the Hradec Kralove, Charles 1st Fac, Masaryk and Palacky exams in London in April. Keeping my options open!

Best of luck to you! I'm honestly not so informed about any universities in Czech and how good they are, however I heard the attrition rate is quite high in Hradec Kralove which is a bit concerning. If you know any information it's highly appreciated.
Reply 451
Original post by ZeinM

Hey, good luck on your test. Biology bit was fairly simple and straigthtf orward your basic A-level stuff. Chemistry you need to know the formulae and name of the compounds well. I think they've got sample papers on the website for the entrance so go through those. And yes you're right. The attrition rate is quite high In HK. I can't speak for other faculties but you really need to be on top of your things here. They say they don't care how many ever students make it through so if the entire batch does that's ok and if only one person does that's fine with them too. Currently in 3rd year dentistry there's only 2 people so you can imagine. Teaching wise its good but it is also very strict and precise with the knowledge you should have so some professors expect you to know word to word from their lecture lol. Not your typical university but then again its a med school innit. Hope this helps with making your decision. All the best.
Original post by um.
Hey, good luck on your test. Biology bit was fairly simple and straigthtf orward your basic A-level stuff. Chemistry you need to know the formulae and name of the compounds well. I think they've got sample papers on the website for the entrance so go through those. And yes you're right. The attrition rate is quite high In HK. I can't speak for other faculties but you really need to be on top of your things here. They say they don't care how many ever students make it through so if the entire batch does that's ok and if only one person does that's fine with them too. Currently in 3rd year dentistry there's only 2 people so you can imagine. Teaching wise its good but it is also very strict and precise with the knowledge you should have so some professors expect you to know word to word from their lecture lol. Not your typical university but then again its a med school innit. Hope this helps with making your decision. All the best.

Hey, so you at Hradec? Are you from the UK?
Reply 453
Hey, so you at Hradec? Are you from the UK?

Yes at Hradec, not from the UK.
Original post by um.
Yes at Hradec, not from the UK.

How did you prepare for the exams?
Reply 455
How did you prepare for the exams?

I studied from my A-level books. Familiarise yourself with the pattern of questions that come up and that you can find on the uni website where they give past years questions. I might have looked through some SAT books too but I'm not sure if that really helped me. If you do really good in two sections then the third doesn't matter. Like Physics was bad for me but my chem and bio sections gave me 80%.
Original post by um.
I studied from my A-level books. Familiarise yourself with the pattern of questions that come up and that you can find on the uni website where they give past years questions. I might have looked through some SAT books too but I'm not sure if that really helped me. If you do really good in two sections then the third doesn't matter. Like Physics was bad for me but my chem and bio sections gave me 80%.

Great, thanks. I was trying to find more resources for the 1st faculty exam as well but will keep hunting.
Reply 457
Original post by um.

Hey, thank you so much for your lengthy reply! I am quite confident for the entrance exam if that's the case, however the fact that 1% of the whole batch made it is quite scary. I really wish you all the best. Do you have any idea about general medicine by any chance? Is it the same as Dentistry in terms of attrition rate? Thank you so much for your time...
Reply 458
Original post by ZeinM
Hey, thank you so much for your lengthy reply! I am quite confident for the entrance exam if that's the case, however the fact that 1% of the whole batch made it is quite scary. I really wish you all the best. Do you have any idea about general medicine by any chance? Is it the same as Dentistry in terms of attrition rate? Thank you so much for your time...

Well there is definitely cut down from each year even in General Med. Some just can't cope with the stress and other reasons but I've heard some have to leave for the silliest reasons and because of the not so important courses which this uni still expects you to pass. I hope I'm not putting you off. It is a great uni if you think you can manage your time well, deal with stress and are super hardworking. Yes pls keep praying for me too lol need them. All the best.
Original post by MedicDee
The grade requirements last year were grade C's or above in Biology and Chemistry and you had to have an AS in Maths or Physics. As I fell short and got a grade D in Chemistry so I took the Foundation year in the UK which I really did need. I have my entrance exam this week :smile:

Hi, how did your exam go?? I got a D in chemistry too :frown: any recommendations as to where to do the foundation course. I think that's pretty much my only option now and I need to pass, so please give me advice on a course that'll get me through!

Thanks in advance :smile: x

Latest

Trending

Trending