What is that? Unofficial mark scheme?

Model answers
Reply 81
sorry yea i meant y-2 **
Original post by Sumaiyya1999
Same as what fasih and helper of ALL did

ok thanks.
what was the turning point for A?
and what where the values for a and d in the arithmetic sequence?
Model answers

Oh those. Any idea how long until someone uploads them? Someone reliable enough I mean. I don't wanna be freaking out over wrong answers lol
Reply 84
hopefully by later tonight. Anyone got a photographic memory? :wink:
Original post by mr.holmes
ok thanks.
what was the turning point for A?
and what where the values for a and d in the arithmetic sequence?

Can't remember the arithmetic sequence question but I do remember that it was supposed to be solved through simultaneous equations, and you can easily check your answers in simultaneous equations by substituting your values in.

As for the turning point question, x was 4 I think and the y coordinate was in fractions.
What was the final answer to the last puestion finding the area of
I think this session was the hardest
I got (4,-1) as the turning point
And i guess my d was -1,5 and a was 12 but i forgot so this may not be the correct ans

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lympho
hopefully by later tonight. Anyone got a photographic memory? :wink:

Wow that's quick work. Unfortunately my memory sucks, I can only remember the questions I'm doubtful over.
I think u should keep checking physicsandmathtutor facebook page as they will post whenever the model ans are uploaded

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there any unofficial mark scheme
I got (4,-1) as the turning point
And i guess my d was -1,5 and a was 12 but i forgot so this may jot be the correct ans

Posted from TSR Mobile

i got the same answers. Hopefully they are right:frown:
Original post by katenell
What was the final answer to the last puestion finding the area of
I think this session was the hardest

Hardly anyone managed to do that correctly, the answer was something like r²(√3/2 - π/2).

Indeed, this paper was quite difficult. The lowest grade boundary for an A has been 89 and that was January 2014, the very first paper in ial math. I personally didn't find that paper too difficult when I solved it and this paper was quite similar in difficulty. I'd say the boundary for an A would be max 90 or min 87.
I felt the june 2016 paper was harder than this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mr.holmes
i got the same answers. Hopefully they are right:frown:

Yep y coordinate was-1. The answer is surely correct.
I felt the june 2016 paper was harder than this

Posted from TSR Mobile

No way lol, I did June 2016 last night and got 116 total marks. The reason you feel that way is probably cuz that was your first C12 paper, and the one you did today is a re-sit. You must have improved quite a lot since then.
Original post by Fasih178
No way lol, I did June 2016 last night and got 116 total marks. The reason you feel that way is probably cuz that was your first C12 paper, and the one you did today is a re-sit. You must have improved quite a lot since then.

June 16 wasnt hard in the sense that it was impossible to solve but it was extremely lengthy and no one managed to finish it on time but this wasnt a lengthy paper and mostly students completed it so in that sense it was easier
June 16 wasnt hard in the sense that it was impossible to solve but it was extremely lengthy and no one managed to finish it on time but this wasnt a lengthy paper and mostly students completed it so in that sense it was easier

That's true, I myself struggled to get that paper done in time.

Besides there wasn't even a single question on trapezium rule which are basically free marks for the most of us. There are a couple of other relatively easy questions as well that weren't included in this year's paper. Thus I feel the grade boundaries will be low. But oh well let's just wait and see.

Any idea when the grade boundaries are released?
I also gave june 2016,It was hard.This one was a bit hard as well but not as hard as june 16.More lengthy questions,And IIRC june 16 had 16 questions if that matters.This one had 15 and the tricky ones weren't as bad as june 16.

Original post by Fasih178
Hardly anyone managed to do that correctly, the answer was something like r²(√3/2 - π/2).

I got the exact same answer but I'm doubtful.
So far 3 of my questions have been wrong T_T ,Atleast there are method marks.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending