The Student Room Group

core maths c12 10 jan 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fasih178
That's true, I myself struggled to get that paper done in time.

Besides there wasn't even a single question on trapezium rule which are basically free marks for the most of us. There are a couple of other relatively easy questions as well that weren't included in this year's paper. Thus I feel the grade boundaries will be low. But oh well let's just wait and see.

Any idea when the grade boundaries are released?

1 march midnight according to uk timings

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OnTheHorizon
I also gave june 2016,It was hard.This one was a bit hard as well but not as hard as june 16.More lengthy questions,And IIRC june 16 had 16 questions if that matters.This one had 15 and the tricky ones weren't as bad as june 16.

I got the exact same answer but I'm doubtful.
So far 3 of my questions have been wrong T_T ,Atleast there are method marks.

lol. dw man you probably got everything wrong , vacancies are available at maccies
Original post by sheikhsheikh
lol. dw man you probably got everything wrong , vacancies are available at maccies

Thx for the confidence.
i think for arithmetic question..i got a = 30 and d = -6 ( negative 6 ).... and when i put these values in both equations . the equations were satisfied...

and i made 8th term divided by 2 equals 7th term from there i got my second equation. and solved simultaneously.

i think and hope so this is correct
I also gave june 2016,It was hard.This one was a bit hard as well but not as hard as june 16.More lengthy questions,And IIRC june 16 had 16 questions if that matters.This one had 15 and the tricky ones weren't as bad as june 16.

I got the exact same answer but I'm doubtful.
So far 3 of my questions have been wrong T_T ,Atleast there are method marks.

Well June 2016 had 96 marks for an A grade, I hope this one has lower boundaries.

I'm doubtful as well but that seems to be only plausible solution.
Original post by Sumaiyya1999
1 march midnight according to uk timings

Posted from TSR Mobile

The results are to be released on that same day aren't they?
The results are to be released on that same day aren't they?

No result is on 2nd march
Grade boundaries are released 1 day b4

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thx for the confidence.

anytime man. just @ me if you need any more boosts in confidence yeah ygm
my gggggggg
No result is on 2nd march
Grade boundaries are released 1 day b4

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I guess we will have to wait about 7 weeks either way. If anything, the grade boundaries are just going to pique my curiosity.
Well I guess we will have to wait about 7 weeks either way. If anything, the grade boundaries are just going to pique my curiosity.

Yup but i will probably forget i even gave this paper cuz i have to give 3 more in jan and it's killing me
It's better than waiting for june results,Time will pass by with studies.
I kinda doubt lower grade boundaries after last papers boundaries.
It's better than waiting for june results,Time will pass by with studies.
I kinda doubt lower grade boundaries after last papers boundaries.

Lets just hope for the best
Yup but i will probably forget i even gave this paper cuz i have to give 3 more in jan and it's killing me

Which 3?

I'm doing a full math course in one session lol, I know it's a bad decision but I made it when I wasn't aware of the course load. Got C34 in a week then statistics 1 and statistics 2. Quite worried about C34, especially the C3 part.
Which 3?

I'm doing a full math course in one session lol, I know it's a bad decision but I made it when I wasn't aware of the course load. Got C34 in a week then statistics 1 and statistics 2. Quite worried about C34, especially the C3 part.

I have chem4, physics 2 and m2
That's true, I myself struggled to get that paper done in time.

Besides there wasn't even a single question on trapezium rule which are basically free marks for the most of us. There are a couple of other relatively easy questions as well that weren't included in this year's paper. Thus I feel the grade boundaries will be low. But oh well let's just wait and see.

Any idea when the grade boundaries are released?

i think they will be released a day before the results day not sure though
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Helper OF ALL
i think for arithmetic question..i got a = 30 and d = -6 ( negative 6 ).... and when i put these values in both equations . the equations were satisfied...

and i made 8th term divided by 2 equals 7th term from there i got my second equation. and solved simultaneously.

i think and hope so this is correct

Yaa bro.. I got the same answer..
Original post by Thalfith_97

lets party then...joking:bban::banana2::beer:n cheers
Hardly anyone managed to do that correctly, the answer was something like r²(√3/2 - π/2).

Indeed, this paper was quite difficult. The lowest grade boundary for an A has been 89 and that was January 2014, the very first paper in ial math. I personally didn't find that paper too difficult when I solved it and this paper was quite similar in difficulty. I'd say the boundary for an A would be max 90 or min 87.

you mean that the angle is 60 because equilateral triangle i think i got it right hopefully i wish to score a mark above 105
Original post by Thalfith_97

the question said that the 8 term is half the 7
that's mean that 8 term *2= 7 term or 7 term/2 = 8 term
Original post by katenell
the question said that the 8 term is half the 7
that's mean that 8 term *2= 7 term or 7 term/2 = 8 term

no bro ... 8th term is half of 7th term .. meaning suppose 8th term =x
and 7th term =y.

so x / 2 = y.........

suppose y=10 = 7th term ... so 8th term will be 10/2 =5

Quick Reply