The Student Room Group

Cambridge Decisions 2017 - info and FAQ

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by cosplayqueen
Anyone know how Newnham contacts their applicants?

I'm sure some of the current students said that they also email on the 12th when I was at my interview but I haven't seen anything else saying they do so I'm not sure 🙃 but they definitely send letters like all other colleges
Reply 61
Original post by merryn
I'm sure some of the current students said that they also email on the 12th when I was at my interview but I haven't seen anything else saying they do so I'm not sure 🙃 but they definitely send letters like all other colleges

They didn't last year so would be good if they did for 2017 :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by jneill
They didn't last year so would be good if they did for 2017 :smile:

Yeah it would! Guess it's not a problem if they don't though :biggrin:
Original post by jneill
Not first. (@Naeco :wink: )

Will I get an emailed decision?

Just to add to Minerva's OP, please check if your college has confirmed HOW it will be contacting you.

We know that all college decision letters will be posted on the 11th Jan. All colleges are also emailing non-UK addresses on the 12th Jan. They will be sent some time between 9am and 5pm GMT, probably. It's a time-consuming manual process performed, usually, by just one person per college.

We don't know for sure which colleges are also emailing UK candidates on the 12th or shortly after. If your college has told you it is (or is not) emailing please comment on here or drop me a PM so I can update this post.

The following colleges are confirmed (or are likely) to be emailing UK candidates on the 12th
(NB. some might not be completed until the 13th - be patient...
DO NOT CALL YOUR COLLEGE TO CHASE THEM!):
Christ's
Churchill (HT @Insight314)
Emma : Offer letters ONLY will be posted to applicants. All decisions (offer, pool and unsuccessful) will be emailed to applicants by 5:00pm. - (HT @Naeco)
Fitz
Hughes Hall
King's
Murray Edwards
Peterhouse : will be decision only, not offer conditions. (HT @Peterhouse Admissions)
St Catz : sending letters only to successful applicants, and emailing unsuccessful ones (HT @solC)
St John's (HT @TH3-FL45H)
Trinity
Tit Hall (HT @Christie_xx)

Colleges definitely NOT emailing UK candidates:
Gonville & Caius (HT @Heywhatsuphello)
Selwyn (HT @liziepie)

What about UCAS Track?

It is likely UCAS Track will be updated from the 13th. Track might be the quickest way that overseas candidates, especially those outside Europe, will find out about offer conditions.*

*Some Colleges will email the full offer letter, including conditions etc. Others (like Peterhouse) will just send the decision (offer/reject/pooled to another college).

And Offer Holders thread is here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4494528

Corpus also said that they'll be emailing all applicants (offer holders will receive a letter as well).
Reply 64
Original post by thirdcultureteen
Corpus also said that they'll be emailing all applicants (offer holders will receive a letter as well).

Thanks. I'll update my post :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If we like in the UK do we get the letters on the 11th or is that just the day that they're posted?
Original post by graciesspacey
If we like in the UK do we get the letters on the 11th or is that just the day that they're posted?

That's the day they're posted. They should arrive on the 12th, 13th if you're unlucky.
Original post by jneill
Thanks. I'll update my post :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Clare are sending both emails and post to all applicants :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by I can do this
Clare are sending both emails and post to all applicants :smile:

Noted. Thanks :smile:
Reply 69
Does anyone know if Queens will be emailing or what?
Reply 70
Am I right in thinking that if I haven't been told that I'm in the pool by the 12th it will only be a direct offer or rejection? Or could that email on Thursday say that I've been pooled?
Reply 71
Original post by L4ker
Am I right in thinking that if I haven't been told that I'm in the pool by the 12th it will only be a direct offer or rejection? Or could that email on Thursday say that I've been pooled?

The pool has already happened and is finished.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by jneill
The pool has already happened and is finished.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right, I applied to a heavily oversubscribed college so that doesn't bode too well
Reply 73
Original post by L4ker
Oh right, I applied to a heavily oversubscribed college so that doesn't bode too well :P

No. That's not how it works. You won't know if you have been in the pool until decision day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Original post by jneill
No. That's not how it works. You won't know if you have been in the pool until decision day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, I've misunderstood, forgot they don't notify you before d day unless it's for reinterview. I'll go back to panicking slightly less now. Thanks :smile:
Reply 75
Also, it might be worth mentioning that for succesful applicants there is the official CUSU offer holder group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1236838156395948/?fref=ts
In recent years private companies have tried to make 'official' Cambridge offer holder groups in order to sell Freshers tickets to pub crawls that no one attends which has sparked a lot of controversy: https://www.varsity.co.uk/news/11679
Please, don't let anyone think that they need to buy anything like this before getting here. And share this real, official group.
Reply 76
Original post by rosedam
Also, it might be worth mentioning that for succesful applicants there is the official CUSU offer holder group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1236838156395948/?fref=ts
In recent years private companies have tried to make 'official' Cambridge offer holder groups in order to sell Freshers tickets to pub crawls that no one attends which has sparked a lot of controversy: https://www.varsity.co.uk/news/11679
Please, don't let anyone think that they need to buy anything like this before getting here. And share this real, official group.

Yep. Already noted on the Offer Holder OP.

But thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
For reinterviewers, is there any chance they will tell you at the interview if you are selected/rejected, after it is finished? Also will the same process apply for us that you will find out by letter/email depending on your college's method. I've been pooled to Selwyn, so should I expect only a letter and not an email for my result? When do you expect track to update for reinterview candidates once they receive the result?
thanks!! (sorry i know there are lot's of questions there but I just have no idea what to expect!)
Reply 78
Original post by somebodyelse98
For reinterviewers, is there any chance they will tell you at the interview if you are selected/rejected, after it is finished? Also will the same process apply for us that you will find out by letter/email depending on your college's method. I've been pooled to Selwyn, so should I expect only a letter and not an email for my result? When do you expect track to update for reinterview candidates once they receive the result?
thanks!! (sorry i know there are lot's of questions there but I just have no idea what to expect!)

No you'll get a decision letter/email later. On or after the 14th.

UCAS will probably be a couple of days after the decision.
out of curiosity, was the 93% mark for autopooling due to an average of 93%, or every subject being above 93%??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending