The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CutieTootsie
Why? That just sounds ages away.
It's only frustrating if that's why you want it to sink in.

lol i started thinking about it a few days after the interview so back then it was hundreds of hours left, now its just 40, which if you think about it is not much at all. just a couple sleeps away xD for those lucky enough to be able to fall asleep

though im interested why you doubt yourself so much? what did ya get in your a levels if you dont mind sharing
Original post by wolfmoon88
Letter from Cambridge, some colleges send emails to domestic applicants but not all of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by PrestonGarveyBoi
Thank you!

And UCAS probably on Friday. :smile:

UCAS will have the offer details unlike the email.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm so anxious! O_O two days left for me until I find out the decision! >_>

Good luck everyone! :wink:
Less than 24 hours for me :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh **** i almost forgot about that. that gives me an idea, i can pass time tomorrow by lurking the oxford thread and see all the action that goes on there :biggrin:
it will get me quite excited for my own decision
Original post by Student1256
oh **** i almost forgot about that. that gives me an idea, i can pass time tomorrow by lurking the oxford thread and see all the action that goes on there :biggrin:

Y'all are welcome to join us :rofl: while we agonise over decisions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really hope I get an email from a different college, as I don't stand a chance getting a direct offer.

Why not?
lol i started thinking about it a few days after the interview so back then it was hundreds of hours left, now its just 40, which if you think about it is not much at all. just a couple sleeps away xD for those lucky enough to be able to fall asleep

though im interested why you doubt yourself so much? what did ya get in your a levels if you dont mind sharing

Ohhh fair lol
I haven't sat my A Levels yet, but I am predicted 3 A*s (which doesn't mean anything to me tbh)
I got 3 A's at AS, with 94 avg UMS in maths.

I doubt myself because my BMAT was horrendous (I haven't seen anyone get into a non-mature college with the scores I got). Also, I felt quite...stupid in my interview? I'm just not used to chit-chatting with academics whilst I feel other people were more prepared. I also forgot basic biology 😂😂😂😂 oh I'm going to stop now, reminiscing is actually painful.
42 hours 16 minutes and the offers start to roll in. Have a moment to let that sink in...

IMG_9839.JPG

Hahah this is such a good idea! Suddenly so excited!
Hahah this is such a good idea! Suddenly so excited!

I feel like y'all will have fun watching our anguish/elation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by platelet
Why not?

Competition is too high for my college. Even if I am "good" I don't think I'll be good enough for one of the 10 places
Original post by liziepie
IMG_9839.JPG

hahahahahaha :rofl:
I feel like y'all will have fun watching our anguish/elation

Posted from TSR Mobile

I promise you, I most definitely will!
I promise you, I most definitely will!

Loool won't be an extremely enjoyable experience for me, I assure you :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohhh fair lol
I haven't sat my A Levels yet, but I am predicted 3 A*s (which doesn't mean anything to me tbh)
I got 3 A's at AS, with 94 avg UMS in maths.

I doubt myself because my BMAT was horrendous (I haven't seen anyone get into a non-mature college with the scores I got). Also, I felt quite...stupid in my interview? I'm just not used to chit-chatting with academics whilst I feel other people were more prepared. I also forgot basic biology 😂😂😂😂 oh I'm going to stop now, reminiscing is actually painful.

see you do have some redeeming qualities in your application! although i get your strategy since you are a medicine applicant and getting into a *****y uni for med is just as hard as getting into cambridge for an unpopular course so med at cam is crazy hard to get into (ya feel me?) well dont get too hopeless, good luck! i still feel so dumb thinking about the stuff i said so you arent alone in that :biggrin:
I've been sick for the past few days so I've thought about the whole application process and tbh, couldn't be happier to have made an application to Cambs ^^ I didn't think I'd be even part of the interviewed applicants and yet I got an interview and the interview was honestly one of the most enjoyable academic situations I've known. Whatever the outcome I'll be grateful for the opportunity to even apply and to come for an interview. Of course I will be super disappointed by a rejection, who wouldn't really, but still would do this all again (except the NSAA maybe..) :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Trinity Hall. Are you from the US? More specifically Arizona? 😂😂

Haha no I'm from Finland but I live in France (and study there)
Competition is too high for my college. Even if I am "good" I don't think I'll be good enough for one of the 10 places

But you also don't know how good were other applicants at your college. I guess we'll all see soon.
Loool won't be an extremely enjoyable experience for me, I assure you :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then you can witness our anguish the day after having already experienced it all :tongue:
Original post by liziepie
Then you can witness our anguish the day after having already experienced it all :tongue:

That's true :tongue:, I'll be here regardless of what happens tomorrow :tongue: to support y'all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest