The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thirdcultureteen
Haha way ahead of you - sick enough today that I didn't go to school

Haha I've been out of school for the past two days :tongue: almost wouldn't want to come to school on thursday so that my friends and teachers won't see my rejection live and so that I won't have to see their disappointment live haha
Original post by Student1256
dude just be happy in the fact that your offer will be a piece of cake. i was thinking about it today and i was just telling myself how much of a blessing it would be to get an offer of A*AA like that would make my life a piece of cake. xD i know you do IB but i think ib should have lower offers from oxford since a levels does too

Btw, we have "lower offers" because we have more subjects to take. I honestly think that UK unis in general pretty much only care about our HL subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pro tip: build an ultra fast train and go around the earth a few hundred thousand times within the next two days and it will feel as if only a couple hours passed by due to special relativity :smile:

Ahhhhh I got a book for christmas on general relativity and the mathematics of general relativity it's soooo good :u:
(you know you're a physics nerd when your xmas presents are centered around physics)
Original post by wolfmoon88
Btw, we have "lower offers" because we have more subjects to take. I honestly think that UK unis in general pretty much only care about our HL subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i didnt mean to say IB has lower offers than a levels i meant that IB and A levels offers are both lower at oxford compared to cambridge and an A*AA offer would be a breeze :laugh:
Original post by wolfmoon88

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many subjects do you take for the IB?
i didnt mean to say IB has lower offers than a levels i meant that IB and A levels offers are both lower at oxford compared to cambridge and an A*AA offer would be a breeze :laugh:

That's fair. True, honestly having an AAA offer also means less leeway to screw up so I'll definitely be working hard to get those 7s :biggrin:

Depends on what subject :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IcedArizona
How many subjects do you take for the IB?

6 subjects plus TOK but I am taking classes outside of the IB diploma as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
If you had been pooled but not fished your original college will tell you about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh... in a way that's good but it might be more painful to accept as well.
That moment when you get an email from Cambridge...
And it's about subject masterclasses for year 10 and 11 :unimpressed:
Original post by Steliata

I was just about to post about this!!!
I had a mini panic in the gym when I saw the email.
Original post by Steliata

Original post by Rachel58
I was just about to post about this!!!
I had a mini panic in the gym when I saw the email.

Did you do any outreach events? I did, but this is why I used a different email for my UCAS application!
Why is the Oxford thread so quiet compared to this one?
Original post by indvolda
Why is the Oxford thread so quiet compared to this one?

Because only a few of us are active posters

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayofsunshine98
Did you do any outreach events? I did, but this is why I used a different email for my UCAS application!

Nope, except Open Days.

I don't get enough emails to need a different one for UCAS - 9/10 of the emails I get now are from universities, I actually literally just got an email from Exeter.
Original post by Rachel58
Nope, except Open Days.

I don't get enough emails to need a different one for UCAS - 9/10 of the emails I get now are from universities, I actually literally just got an email from Exeter.

Fair enough. I used the same email for all of the outreach stuff and open days I did but as my school blocks that email provider (and I don't have email access on my mobile) I used a different account for UCAS because then I could check it at school and home!
Original post by IcedArizona
Imagine you get an email on thurday from.. Girton :biggrin:
Tbh I'd be thrilled anyways

Girton have said they're sending physical letters out this year, so take solace in that at least :tongue:

(Direct Girton applicant, woo!)
Reply 1177
So if a college pools you you get the email and a letter from them?
Original post by trythis
Girton have said they're sending physical letters out this year, so take solace in that at least :tongue:

(Direct Girton applicant, woo!)

In my case I'd get an email anyways (bonjour from France) ^^ if I see an email from any other college than mine i'll go crazy I think haha
Yes, just received my email from Cambridge, letting me know about the next masterclass. I think it must be them winding us up.....

Latest

Trending

Trending