The Student Room Group

What's your favourite kind of night out?

Whatsup! :smile:

I’m organising an event as part of my course and it got me thinking..... Who on here would go to a night out in a venue whose theme is different countries and places....

So your usual headline DJ, then one room South American/Latin, another room French Disco, another US Hip Hop etc etc etc? Food, drinks, decor also themed.

Do you think this would stand out and be something you would go to or would you pass?

Thanks in advance... In the words of DJ Khaled:

YOU A GENIUS! I APPRECIATE YOU!
Original post by mrnanderson
Whatsup! :smile:

I’m organising an event as part of my course and it got me thinking..... Who on here would go to a night out in a venue whose theme is different countries and places....

So your usual headline DJ, then one room South American/Latin, another room French Disco, another US Hip Hop etc etc etc? Food, drinks, decor also themed.

Do you think this would stand out and be something you would go to or would you pass?

Thanks in advance... In the words of DJ Khaled:

YOU A GENIUS! I APPRECIATE YOU!

Sounds fun :smile: French disco though? And who's the 'usual headline DJ'?
Reply 2
Well, I've been to events where you have different music playing in different rooms. Not sure about it in one room mixed together though...
Reply 3
Clubbing nights.
Original post by UWS
Well, I've been to events where you have different music playing in different rooms. Not sure about it in one room mixed together though...

I think he means different rooms
Reply 5
Original post by hezzlington
I think he means different rooms

Ah yes, love those type of events. I'd have some EDM/House stuff instead of French disco though, seemed like quite a popular theme when I went to clubbing events.
Sounds interesting. I don't club, but different country themes have always appealed to me. Will the food match the themes too? If so then that sounds like a winner to me.
Just going out for a meal or something, music is ok although not too loud. I don't drink alcohol but people can drink around me (moderately) if they want. Have a good chat, maybe watch some sport, play pool, darts etc dependent on who I'm with. That's right up my street :smile:
Reply 8
Thanks a lot for all the feedback guys!

Yes @LauraMayden1 I'd be getting food from the different countries in too :smile:

@hezzlington the 'usual headline DJ' would be your typical house/techno DJ you see on flyers round town. Nothing too major but someone you will have heard of in you're in that scene.

Nando
Totally over all this clubbing s*** tbh, doesn't appeal to me in the slightest these days, maybe I'm just getting old. Much rather go out with a small group of people I like and have a meal together or something.
Reply 10
I prefer a good restaurant with drinks flowing and good banter

I'm older now so clubbing/dancing/loud music etc no longer appeals to me
Jagerbombs, quiet meals, good company YES PLEASE..... There's a time and a place for all of these things you're mentioning! Thanks for all input so far! :aetsch:

Quick Reply

Latest