The Student Room Group

Edexcel Physics IAL unit 4, 9 jan 2017

Couldn't find a thread so decided to make one,,,

how did u guys do??
Generally a decent paper though I messed up in a 3 mark question. hoping for 60/80 and abov... What happens if you didn't find the angle between the B-field and the conductor and you used F=BIL direct? would I lose all marks?
Original post by Mesuteyezil
Generally a decent paper though I messed up in a 3 mark question. hoping for 60/80 and abov... What happens if you didn't find the angle between the B-field and the conductor and you used F=BIL direct? would I lose all marks?

Yes, unfortunately, you will get 1/3 for that question maximum
Made the dame mistake *(
What generally were your answers ?
Do you remember all the questions, because I have already forgot them a little ?
What was the angle guys? I found 17° and multiplied it with cos17
Original post by Yirikcemyirik

Do not remember the final answer< but the one I MEASURED was something like 58
Reply 5
Original post by IgorFomenkov
Yes, unfortunately, you will get 1/3 for that question maximum
Made the dame mistake *(
What generally were your answers ?
Do you remember all the questions, because I have already forgot them a little ?

Me too, i couldn't find an angle :'(

What was your answer in the last question to the part that said ( what other measurement she should have in order to find the speed of the balls?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by as.m

What was your answer in the last question to the part that said ( what other measurement she should have in order to find the speed of the balls?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure the we were asked about additional measurements. I wrote that the collision is inelastic and explained why
Original post by as.m

Aaaah, sorry, got you now I said the time between two nearest photos, so that speed could be calculated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aaaah, sorry, got you now I said the time between two nearest photos, so that speed could be calculated.
For the diagram about the Baryon-Meson, I used a pencil to fill the circles with the quark composition, does it really matter if it was in pencil or pen? since it was a DIAGRAM, that's why I used a pencil
Original post by Yirikcemyirik

You used a protractor I suppose? I also got 17 degrees but I used sin17 since we required the vertical component not the horizontal
Original post by Mesuteyezil
You used a protractor I suppose? I also got 17 degrees but I used sin17 since we required the vertical component not the horizontal

Yes i used a protractor. It was a magnetic field so i thought the horizontal component must be at right angle to the field

Quick Reply

Latest