The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SM-
So if a college pools you you get the email and a letter from them?

If you are fished then your offering college will contact you in the first instance.

If you are pooled but not fished then your original college tells you.

In both cases you will hear on the same day (12th Jan).
Just got an email from Cambridge which made me **** myself but it was about upcoming events.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by unknowntsr
just for clarification:

- if you’ve been pooled successfully, will your new college email you or will your old college email you or will both colleges email you??

Your new college will email you/send you letter depending on your location
Original post by student470
Will decision letters definitely come tomorrow and emails the day following? :confused:

Original post by Inister
No. Decision letters will come in 2 days (12th), emails the following day(s) after the 12th.

Decision letters are sent by first class post on the 11th to arrive (93% chance in the UK) on the 12th

Emails to non-UK students will be sent on the 12th.

Some colleges are emailing UK students on the 12th (which might not be finished until the 13th).

UCAS will update (probably) on the 13th.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by IcedArizona
I've heard from someone who went to open days that they won't be using the NSAA that much ^^
I wouldn't mind being pooled to one of the female colleges tbh
wouldn't mind getting an offer actually
from any college ^^

When did you have your interview? Had mine on the 6th :smile:

Gosh if the NSAA thing is true😍😍😍 yeah at this point my expectations are so low that ANYTHING at all would be amazing. I had my interview on the 9th :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sir albert
Do you happen to know if Girton are also sending out emails to UK applicants too? My daughter is also a direct applicant to Girton.

Good luck on Thursday!

They didn't last year...
Your new college will email you/send you letter depending on your location

and your original college definitely won’t email you too?
Original post by ngaribli
Gosh if the NSAA thing is true😍😍😍 yeah at this point my expectations are so low that ANYTHING at all would be amazing. I had my interview on the 9th :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully it is! I found the interviewers so so nice, really calming and relaxing :colondollar:
I just found out I've been pooled and I'm being interviewed by two colleges on Monday
Better dig that personal statement out again 😱
Original post by epsilondelta
I just found out I've been pooled and I'm being interviewed by two colleges on Monday

Omg when did you find out?
Reply 1210
Original post by jneill
If you are fished then your offering college will contact you in the first instance.

If you are pooled but not fished then your original college tells you.

In both cases you will hear on the same day (12th Jan).

Thanks, Thursday will be nerve wracking
Original post by epsilondelta

oooooh good luck!! subject/original college/pool college?
Original post by Obiejess
Just got an email from Cambridge which made me **** myself but it was about upcoming events.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here
Hopefully it is! I found the interviewers so so nice, really calming and relaxing :colondollar:

Did you have Dr Bond and Dr Ellis? They were SOOO friendly, I want them as my teachers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by metrize
Imagine a troll college who just sends letters to say hello...

Ngl, I'm surprised no one out there is sending phishing emails or a friend just trolling another one of their friend who's applied :lol:
It's d-day for Oxford apps tomorrow, right?? If it is then good luck @wolfmoon88 !!
Original post by ngaribli
Did you have Dr Bond and Dr Ellis? They were SOOO friendly, I want them as my teachers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep! I don't know why but Dr Ellis reminded me of Dumbledore cause he was just so calming x) sounds weird I know
good luck for tomorrow @wolfmoon88!! its been fun having you around and messing with you about your choice of university :wink: :biggrin:
[QUOTE=unknowntsr;69484004]Omg when did you find out?

Today at about lunchtime! I didn't realise they interviewed so late

[QUOTE=liziepie;69484100]oooooh good luck!! subject/original college/pool college?

Thank you! Law, original college Wolfson and pool colleges St. Edmunds and Hugh's Hall 👀
(edited 7 years ago)
I keep on getting emails from unis but its the two I've gone off the idea of (Exeter and Manchester)

York still won't get back to me :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending