The Student Room Group

is anyone here with santander?

I've been with santander for a few years now and I realised that every few months they always cancel my card temporarily until I call them to discuss some transactions with them.

does this happen to anyone else?
its getting really annoying and inconvient at times.. can I tell them to stop this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd complain. That seems really strange and annoying.
I've got my student account with them and nothing happens and I always have abnormal amounts of money going in and out every so often. Are the transactions you're discussing quite large/does the account come with a spending cap that you're just going over?
Original post by unaManzana
I've been with santander for a few years now and I realised that every few months they always cancel my card temporarily until I call them to discuss some transactions with them.

does this happen to anyone else?
its getting really annoying and inconvient at times.. can I tell them to stop this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its part of their fraud protection system, large and/or irregular payments (particularly to small businesses) tend to get flagged. I've had it a couple of times over the last couple of years.

If you enable text alerts you should get warned straight away and then it is quick and easy just to call or text back to confirm the transactions.

At the end of the day it is there for your benefit - it can be very difficult to get money back if there has been fraudulent activity on your debit card (if at all)! I personally have no issues with them flagging a transaction every couple of months versus losing £100s if not £1000s of pounds while my bank sits back and does nothing.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending