The Student Room Group

Durham Supported Progression

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Hol17
Congratulations!! Anyone going to the welcome session on Jan 21st?

I'm going! Super excited!

I don't think the project will be difficult tbh I read somewhere that it was just like an essay or a presentation- for my subjects anyway. I'm not sure about the offer thing but I was under the impression that everyone who got into Supported Progression got the offer but don't quote me on that I'm not entirely sure X I think it says on the website somewhere that the project helps you get points towards meeting the offer
Reply 21
Original post by colorado
I'm going! Super excited!

I don't think the project will be difficult tbh I read somewhere that it was just like an essay or a presentation- for my subjects anyway. I'm not sure about the offer thing but I was under the impression that everyone who got into Supported Progression got the offer but don't quote me on that I'm not entirely sure X I think it says on the website somewhere that the project helps you get points towards meeting the offer

Same I can't wait!

Thank you for taking time to answer! I thought I read that too, that sounds about right! It's just because I've been telling my family that it means I've got the offer, but then I started worrying that I might have read it wrong or something😂
Reply 22
Original post by Hol17
Same I can't wait!

Thank you for taking time to answer! I thought I read that too, that sounds about right! It's just because I've been telling my family that it means I've got the offer, but then I started worrying that I might have read it wrong or something😂

It's okay! I think you've just got to pass the summer school to a certain standard to get the offer which is guaranteed I think
X
Which subject are you doing?
Reply 23
It's okay! I think you've just got to pass the summer school to a certain standard to get the offer which is guaranteed I think
X
Which subject are you doing?

So is a guaranteed offer the equvivalent to a conditional?

I'm doing primary education! What about you? X
Reply 24
Original post by Hol17
So is a guaranteed offer the equvivalent to a conditional?

I'm doing primary education! What about you? X

Yeah- at least that's what I've heard when I asked someone else who got in today.
I'm either doing history or sociology, they haven't put me in a subject yet haha. My first choice was history though.
Cool! I think we're still on the same strand regardless of whether I get into history or sociology so I'll most likely see you there :biggrin:
Reply 25
Yeah- at least that's what I've heard when I asked someone else who got in today.
I'm either doing history or sociology, they haven't put me in a subject yet haha. My first choice was history though.
Cool! I think we're still on the same strand regardless of whether I get into history or sociology so I'll most likely see you there :biggrin:

At least you've got a place I suppose, regardless of subject! I think it's been competitive, because no one I know who applied got in. I do sociology as well! I enjoy it!

Aww might see you next Saturday then :biggrin:
Reply 26
Update: they got back to me today, got my first choice - HISTORY!! :smile:
Update: they got back to me today, got my first choice - HISTORY!! :smile:

Yay!!!! I'm so happy for you :h:
Anyone going to the welcome event on the 11th February? :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by NiamhM1801
Yay!!!! I'm so happy for you :h:

Thank you! X
I'm not going to the 11th one I'm afraid but we're on the same strand so I'll probably see you around there :smile:
Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place, I'm new :smile:

On the subject of Supported Progression, I got my email 40 mins ago and got in! They haven't allocated me a subject yet but I'll be doing either history or sociology, so excited! Is anyone else doing the scheme this year?

Hey, I'm doing the scheme this year, I am doing biology, anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest