The Student Room Group

do guys feel insecure if you talk about another guy being fit or even an actor?

as above

Scroll to see replies

actors i wouldn't. other people who may be their friends yeah.

i haven't been in a relationship though so my thought processes are different
Reply 2
Original post by Toasticide
actors i wouldn't. other people who may be their friends yeah.

i haven't been in a relationship though so my thought processes are different

ok but doesnt it make u feel insecure because she has a "type"
and she has standards or sumin?
No offence but :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
No because i'm not 12
Reply 5
wait what?
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Very insecure guys, sure.
Reply 7
thats what u say
Original post by Abdukazam
No because i'm not 12
Reply 8
expand
Original post by ByronicHero
Original post by unillama
wait what?

:rofl: :rofl:

Because what guy in their right mind would be insecure about someone talking about an actor being 'fit' :lol:
Depends on the fragility of the individual's ego.

And their sexuality.... Talking about how hot Tom Hardy is to a gay guy tends to quickly takes the conversion to fantasy threesomes.

Original post by Abdukazam
No because i'm not 12

Why? As a girl I actually wouldn't like a guy to talk about other girls being fit if I was in a relationship with them, why is it different for guys? I'm with OP here; I genuinely want to know.
Original post by unillama
expand

Any man who doesn't know that their partner will find other people sexually attractive (fringe cases excepted) is either delusional, or a moron. It is, however, very common among teenagers and people with low emotional intelligence to find these ineluctable facts uncomfortable. I can understand feeling insecure if she makes a point of telling you repeatedly that she finds her co-worker hot or whatever, but in that case you need to communicate; if you can't, your relationship is dysfunctional anyway.
Original post by LauraMayden1
Why? As a girl I actually wouldn't like a guy to talk about other girls being fit if I was in a relationship with them, why is it different for guys? I'm with OP here; I genuinely want to know.

It's not different for guys.

I guarantee you my response would have been the same, if we were talking about a guy.
If they did, they wouldn't be mature enough to be in a relationship with me :nn:
Reply 15
thank you
I'm straight and I admire Jeremy meeks
Reply 17
nicely said
It's not different for guys.

I guarantee you my response would have been the same, if we were talking about a guy.

Ah ok, to each their own.

Any man who doesn't know that their partner will find other people sexually attractive (fringe cases excepted) is either delusional, or a moron. It is, however, very common among teenagers and people with low emotional intelligence to find these ineluctable facts uncomfortable. I can understand feeling insecure if she makes a point of telling you repeatedly that she finds her co-worker hot or whatever, but in that case you need to communicate; if you can't, your relationship is dysfunctional anyway.

It's not that I would expect them not to be sexually attracted to anyone else, but why talk about it? And to your partner at that? Like, what are you trying to imply or accomplish by mentioning it to the other person? I see no point to it.
Ah ok, to each their own.

It's not that I would expect them not to be sexually attracted to anyone else, but why talk about it? And to your partner at that? Like, what are you trying to imply or accomplish by mentioning it to the other person? I see no point to it.

Sure, and I have made a similar distinction above. If someone repeatedly did it to me I wouldn't feel insecure (which was the question), but I would find it tedious and ask them to stop. I agree with you that it is fine to question to intent; I have made jokes about finding other women attractive in the past and it was taken as intended, but repeatedly doing it could be indicative of some other issue. Often it will simply amount to a difference of opinion with regards to what constitutes humour, or "openness". In all cases communication is key, always has been and always will be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending