The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SteamboatMickey
I keep on getting emails from unis but its the two I've gone off the idea of (Exeter and Manchester)

York still won't get back to me :redface:

I still haven't heard from York (or Edinburgh...) either, they're taking their bloody time....:colonhash:
Dr Bond

Please tell me first name was James.....
I've gone off the idea of Exeter...

:frown:

Why?
Original post by liziepie
I still haven't heard from York (or Edinburgh...) either, they're taking their bloody time....:colonhash:

Edinburgh hasn't replied to me either yet, and it's my first choice for when Cam rejects me :angry:
Original post by randj
Yes, just received my email from Cambridge, letting me know about the next masterclass. I think it must be them winding us up.....

Same! I think it gave me a mini stroke 😂
Original post by jneill
:frown:

Why?

I really don't know. It's a perfectly good University, but I kind of wish I'd applied to UCL or Kings or something of the sort instead. I really liked the sound of it at the time but I've just gone off it since.

Unless you can persuade me :holmes:
Original post by auburnstar
Please tell me first name was James.....

No, it's Andrew. But what makes it better is that he's a chemistry professor :tongue: there was a lot of ionic Bonding going on during the interview
GUYS I GOT AN EMAIL FROM CAMBRIDGE!!!!!! :eek3:

...oh it's just my Cambridge English exam results :colonhash:
I really don't know. It's a perfectly good University, but I kind of wish I'd applied to UCL or Kings or something of the sort instead. I really liked the sound of it at the time but I've just gone off it since.

Unless you can persuade me :holmes:

Haha i'd like to exchange UCL for York for example.. I'm quite scared about the struggle to find accomodation in 2nd and 3rd year :s-smilie:
Original post by daniilS
GUYS I GOT AN EMAIL FROM CAMBRIDGE!!!!!! :eek3:

...oh it's just my Cambridge English exam results :colonhash:

:lol: they're being such teases today, honestly. well, how were they? :tongue:
To get hyped about my other universities, I daydreamed about fully self-catered accommodation (which all my other Unis are and is one of the things I really wanted when applying) and that just shows that food is so important to me.
Original post by liziepie
:lol: they're being such teases today, honestly. well, how were they? :tongue:

Just what I was thinking haha
And I got 219/230 points. 220 are required to get CEFR level C2 with grade A :colonhash:. Now I'm starting to really dread Thursday...

Eh at least it's still C2 :redface:
Original post by trythis
Edinburgh hasn't replied to me either yet, and it's my first choice for when Cam rejects me :angry:

Depending on your course, Edinburgh appear to be moving on things now-ish... my daughter just got an offer from Edinburgh, late yesterday... so hopefully, your's will follow soon...
Reply 1233
Original post by Rachel58
To get hyped about my other universities, I daydreamed about fully self-catered accommodation (which all my other Unis are and is one of the things I really wanted when applying) and that just shows that food is so important to me.

Cooking is definitely the way to go when it comes to healthy, affordable food in Cambridge. So many people I know in third year still can't cook for ****.
@peachykeen WOO YOU GAVE ME THE LAST REP I NEEDED FOR MY SIXTH GEM!!

:woo:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
Decision letters are sent by first class post on the 11th to arrive (93% chance in the UK) on the 12th

Emails to non-UK students will be sent on the 12th.

Some colleges are emailing UK students on the 12th (which might not be finished until the 13th).

UCAS will update (probably) on the 13th.

weird question but do you know if the envelope has a cambridge label on it? Will I know what letter it is from the outside?
Original post by daniilS
@peachyqueen WOO YOU GAVE ME THE LAST REP I NEEDED FOR MY SIXTH GEM!!

:woo:

WHOO
(im assuming ur talking about me if not then awks lol)
Original post by alow
Cooking is definitely the way to go when it comes to healthy, affordable food in Cambridge. So many people I know in third year still can't cook for ****.

Cooking is one of the things that really excites me about university. Like...being able to choose portion size and WHAT I eat everyday (depending on my kitchen abilities)??? Brilliant. Not every having to go to the school canteen ever again. Food that's actually not made out of cardboard. Amazing.
Original post by peachykeen
WHOO
(im assuming ur talking about me if not then awks lol)

I will hereby walk away in shame :getmecoat:

Latest

Trending

Trending