The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

omg nooo I can't go down this rabbit hole of watching rejection reactions on youtube but I know I will....
Original post by alow
Cooking is definitely the way to go when it comes to healthy, affordable food in Cambridge. So many people I know in third year still can't cook for ****.

But @zacken showed me the menu for the buttery and it was so cheap. Nothing was more than £3, I don't think you can find food that cheap anywhere else, even if you cook for yourself. And the reason for that is they take extra money on accommodation so food can
Be cheap and higher quality. And about healthy there's always a vegetarian option ( not necessarily healthy though as it might be drenched in different sorts of fats to make it palatable. It's a common technique used in making vegetarian dishes as it makes the meal more palatable.)
Original post by liziepie
omg nooo I can't go down this rabbit hole of watching rejection reactions on youtube but I know I will....

this one's worth it promise :tongue:
Original post by unknowntsr
and your original college definitely won’t email you too?

@jneill do you know if your original college would also email you if you are fished, to say that they pooled me in the first place?

Wince
Original post by SteamboatMickey
I really don't know. It's a perfectly good University, but I kind of wish I'd applied to UCL or Kings or something of the sort instead. I really liked the sound of it at the time but I've just gone off it since.

Unless you can persuade me :holmes:

It's a lovely uni. My brother did History & English there although it was quite a few years ago so I imagine the faculty has changed a little since then :smile:. The best bit is he became a teacher and ended up replacing, as Head of Dept, the HoD at his old school where he originally failed his history A-level. :smile:

I know people currently at it and they love it.

Although it is quite hilly...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by unknowntsr
@jneill do you know if your original college would also email you if you are fished, to say that they pooled me in the first place?

No. But some do write to wish you luck, a few days after decision day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I ended up spending way too much time watching rejection reactions on YouTube last night 😂😂
Original post by potassiumnitrate
weird question but do you know if the envelope has a cambridge label on it? Will I know what letter it is from the outside?

It will almost certainly have a college* crest. And no, the letters look similar.

*The university isn't responsible for undergrad admissions, the colleges are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sir albert
Depending on your course, Edinburgh appear to be moving on things now-ish... my daughter just got an offer from Edinburgh, late yesterday... so hopefully, your's will follow soon...

Is your daughter EU/Scotland or RUK? From what I can tell they won't be sending out EU offers for a while yet, but RUK offers will be soon.

the music makes it :lol:
think I'll be able to pop into the post office at like 7am on thursday and ask em for the letter directly? :afraid:
think I'll be able to pop into the post office at like 7am on thursday and ask em for the letter directly? :afraid:

Only if you are a business :smile:
http://www.royalmail.com/corporate/mail-management/inbound/early-collect
Why am I watching rejection videos instead of studying D:

(funny to think this thread is what next year's applicants will be looking when they're anxious)

:unimpressed: 5pm it is for me then... I might have a cheeky check anyway, no harm in trying I suppose...
:unimpressed: 5pm it is for me then... I might have a cheeky check anyway, no harm in trying I suppose...

Please update us if it worked you will go down in history

I remember someone having done that last year on D-Day, you might have luck if your post office is nice perhaps.
My Dad just told me he's going to frame my rejection letter and hang it above the fireplace after I said he put on weight... I don't know if this relaxes me or makes things worse

Well the other thing that many people do is to send their butler or, preferably, a footman to college to collect it on the 11th. At 12 noon, sharp.

Latest

Trending

Trending