The Student Room Group

agape is the only intrinsic good

how to answer
Reply 1
Original post by we knnow
how to answer

I doubt a bunch of chemists are likely to be able to help you on this one.
Reply 2
Original post by Pigster
I doubt a bunch of chemists are likely to be able to help you on this one.

lol completly forgot
Reply 3
how to answer
Agape being the Koine (IIRC) Greek word for loving one's neighbour, it's referring to the notion of loving one's neighbour for the same of itself - in an altruistic sense.
Reply 4
Original post by Tootles
Agape being the Koine (IIRC) Greek word for loving one's neighbour, it's referring to the notion of loving one's neighbour for the same of itself - in an altruistic sense.

how do u make ths into an a02
Reply 5
how do u make ths into an a02
A what-now? :sly:
Reply 6
Original post by tootles
a what-now? :sly:

AO2 u know what that is right
Reply 7
how to answer

Although this in the chemistry section, and granted I haven't done philosophy in a while this would be my advice.

First start by explaining what agape is and outlining the key theorists, so for example I studied situation ethics and thus would would mention Fletcher. Make sure you always relate back to the question.

You need to make your stance clear throughout, so pick the side that you agree most with.

Then present the argument that is against yours, using a theorist to back you up, like Kant for example, but throughout continually refute and show how your stance is better or correct. Then present other theorists proving your stance.

Make sure to write a good introduction and conclusion. That's all I can remember for the moment.

It's safe to say I do not miss doing Philosophy :colonhash:
Reply 8
Nope, why - should I?
Reply 9
i agree with nearly everything u said but im sure u dont write an intro in an ao2 and maybe or maybe not conclusion
Reply 10

Not a ****ing clue.

What chemistry question do you have?
Reply 11
Original post by alow
Not a ****ing clue.

What chemistry question do you have?

A naturally occurring sample of the element boron has a relative atomic mass of 10.8 In this sample, boron exists as two isotopes, 10B and 11B 1 (
b) (i) Calculate the percentage abundance of 10B in this naturally occurring sample of boron
A02: Agape should be considered the only intrinsic good.Thesis: I would argue agape is the only intrinsic good. I believe there is an innate agapistic nature within humans, to some extent this drives humanity to selflessly love everyone, thus should be considered the only intrinsic good. P1a: Agape should be considered the only intrinsic good. -God is our creator, logically we can argue what he commands is therefore truly good. -Christ’s message suggests 2 important elements: 1) love thy neighbour 2) love is the only good. -It is arguable to suggest that love is the only intrinsic good. P1b: - The above is valid, therefore logical. -There are other laws which are considered good, therefore it cannot be the only intrinsic good, although can be considered an intrinsic good. P2a: Agape should not be considered the only intrinsic good.-Biblical scripture suggest that Adam and Eve showed no sign of agape - their actions were selfish. -God’s first creation did not apply the concept of agape disregarded God’s commandments, ‘dishonest’ actions, cannot be an intrinsic good. -P2b: We can presume that if Adam and Eve did not have agape, as they were the basis to which all humans were made, humanity does not intrinsically have agape ground in them, thus not the only intrinsic good. -Arguable to suggest we are taught/pick up agape as we grow up. Although not intrinsic at birth, it is suggest-able that is becomes so in later life. Conclude with summary and link to thesis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending