The Student Room Group

I need help with my UCAS application

I am just about to send my UCAS application, but I need to include in my statement more information about my latest study experience at university: I am an Italian student who finished his high school studies last year and, as hadn't been able to apply within the scripted deadline (January 2016), applied for university in his country. Much as I have been trying to, my statement is not able to convey the whole information I need to submit. Therefore, I absolutely need to send directly to university such information. Nonetheless, on the UCAS website, it is written that it's up to university to accept it or not. I contacted the alleged university by mail thus, but I've not received a reply yet. What should I do, so as not to leave the UCAS information incomplete, by bearing in mind there's the risk not to be allowed to set some information apart?
Thanks to everyone in advance
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by luucaa
I am just about to send my UCAS application, but I need to include in my statement more information about my latest study experience at university: I am an Italian student who finished his high school studies last year and, as hadn't been able to apply within the scripted deadline (January 2016), applied for university in his country. As much I have been trying to, my statement is not able to convey the whole information I need to submit. Therefore, I absolutely need to send directly to university such information. Nonetheless, on the UCAS website, it is written that it's up to university to accept it or not. I contacted the alleged university by mail thus, but I've not received a reply yet. What should I do, so as not to leave the UCAS information incomplete, by bearing in mind there's the risk not to be allowed to set some information apart?
Thanks to everyone in advance

If you didn't attend university in your country then you don't need to mention it.
Reply 2
Actually I attended it for only the first semester, but I need to inform the uni about what I've been doing up to the present days anyway. Or am I mistaken?
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
If you didn't attend university in your country then you don't need to mention it.

Actually I attended it for only the first semester... But I need to inform the uni about what I've been doing up to the present days anyway. Or am I wrong?
Original post by luucaa
Actually I attended it for only the first semester... But I need to inform the uni about what I've been doing up to the present days anyway. Or am I wrong?

Put it in the education section, and you don't need to mention it in the personal statement
Reply 5
I already tried to ... But I cannot add it on the education section, as this is meant only for completed courses, while I cannot even leave it as a pending qualification
Reply 6
Put it in the education section, and you don't need to mention it in the personal statement

perhaps it is just not that important I think ... But would like the uni to be informed around it.
Original post by luucaa
perhaps it is just not that important I think ... But would like the uni to be informed around it.

Just put it in the education section and that should do :smile:
Reply 8
Just put it in the education section and that should do :smile:

Unfortunately I am not able to provide a finish date (it is a 3-year degree), which is compulsory field... What could I do?
Original post by luucaa
Unfortunately I am not able to provide a finish date (it is a 3-year degree), which is compulsory field... What could I do?

you can normally change the finish date, that should be when you left.
Reply 10
you can normally change the finish date, that should be when you left.

I apologise with you for expressing wrongly... I haven't left university in my country. In case I were rejected I would have lost a year for no reason. Should I just the same provide the time of leaving in case I get accepted?
Original post by luucaa
I apologise with you for expressing wrongly... I haven't left university in my country. In case I were rejected I would have lost a year for no reason. Should I just the same provide the time of leaving in case I get accepted?

Write that you intend to leave when the year is over, so august 2017 then :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by luucaa

You fill in the UCAS form with the date you will be leaving your current study to go to uni in the UK.

If you then get rejected, your UCAS form is irrelevant. So it doesn't matter if you then stay at your current uni because that has nothing to do with UCAS
Reply 13
Write that you intend to leave when the year is over, so august 2017 then :smile:

Thank you so much! I felt so much in troubles with that doubt
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Juno
You fill in the UCAS form with the date you will be leaving your current study to go to uni in the UK.

If you then get rejected, your UCAS form is irrelevant. So it doesn't matter if you then stay at your current uni because that has nothing to do with UCAS

Thank you so much for your extremely useful explanation ! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending