The Student Room Group

Maths edexcel gcse mock 2016

Hi! Have you guys done the mock for maths edexcel? If yes what years paper did u do? Btw for paper 3 was it a sample test or did ur school just make it up? Pls i really need help. Was it the 2016 paper for paper 1 and 2?
Original post by palm12
Hi! Have you guys done the mock for maths edexcel? If yes what years paper did u do? Btw for paper 3 was it a sample test or did ur school just make it up? Pls i really need help. Was it the 2016 paper for paper 1 and 2?

How does knowing what other schools did help you in any way?
Edexcel have produced 6 sets of practice papers and a set of mock papers for the new specification, PiXL have produced papers as have CGP and Churchill maths. Your school could use any of them or make something up themselves. Revise everything you you have learned in maths because it will probably be on one of the 3 papers and do as many exam practice papers as you can so you are familiar with the style of problem solving questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
Edexcel have produced 6 sets of practice papers and a set of mock papers for the new specification, PiXL have produced papers as have CGP and Churchill maths. Your school could use any of them or make something up themselves. Revise everything you you have learned in maths because it will probably be on one of the 3 papers and do as many exam practice papers as you can so you are familiar with the style of problem solving questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am just asking for the 2016 Paper 1 and 2 markschemes as i have done them and need to see what i did wrong. Secondly i was just asking what the other schools did for paper 3 and ik it will be different.
Reply 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sorry to disturb, but do you know where I could find the edexcel mock papers cause u said edexcel created a set of mocks papers as well. Thanks
Original post by palm12
I sorry to disturb, but do you know where I could find the edexcel mock papers cause u said edexcel created a set of mocks papers as well. Thanks

Yes they have created a set of mock exam papers that are only supposed to be available to teachers. Not much point making a mock exam paper if students can see it before the exam :smile:
Reply 5
Yes they have created a set of mock exam papers that are only supposed to be available to teachers. Not much point making a mock exam paper if students can see it before the exam :smile:

In my school we dont have mocks so i just wanted to see what the mock paper looks like.
Original post by palm12
In my school we dont have mocks so i just wanted to see what the mock paper looks like.

I'm sure your teacher will let you see a copy of it but maybe not until later in the year when it's no longer being used in other schools for mock exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest