The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

University reconsidering a rejection. What to say in the email? -help!!

I have four offers, but unfortunately my top university rejected me. I was wondering as I've seen posts online that it could possibly be reconsidered. I understand the chance is slim, but I feel it's worth a try. I'm going to email the administrations team, but I have no idea what to say! Any help would be greatly appreciated! ☺️😬
Original post by eleanor_h98
I have four offers, but unfortunately my top university rejected me. I was wondering as I've seen posts online that it could possibly be reconsidered. I understand the chance is slim, but I feel it's worth a try. I'm going to email the administrations team, but I have no idea what to say! Any help would be greatly appreciated! ☺️😬

Honestly it's not worth trying, is there anything in your application you didn't include when you should have?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Honestly it's not worth trying, is there anything in your application you didn't include when you should have?

Only thing I can think of would be D of E, but I doubt it's relevant
Only thing I can think of would be D of E, but I doubt it's relevant

Then I don't think it's worth it, were your as grades/ predicted grades not above the entry requirements?
Reply 4
I was predicted A*BB where I would need AAB
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
Then I don't think it's worth it, were your as grades/ predicted grades not above the entry requirements?

I was predicted A* BB but needed AAB
Reply 6
There's nothing to lose, just do it. I wouldn't expect to get the response you want but if you don't chase things you'll never get them. Good luck :smile:
I was predicted A* BB but needed AAB

If you didnt sit AS exams, then it could be that one B or less is the minimum standard they'd accept. At the end of the day, if you really want to go to those universities then consider a gap year and applying with grades in hand, it's likely they have much more applicants than places so emailing them isn't going to do any good i d think.

Quick Reply

Latest