The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Biology Unit 4 January 2017

Scroll to see replies

The tail provides electrons which are the ones that get excited and move to higher energy levels when light shines on the chlorophyll. . Then you go ahed and explain further..

What did you write

Posted from TSR Mobile
What about the one of investigating water and light??
And the detection of the cancer on blood or plasma cells?
yhh it ws totally different frm all the past paper...
Original post by charlesdarwin

water... take the sample of soil place it in oven measure the intial content ie mass and after heating allow it dry..measure the diffference in mass which gives u moisture content.
light........use light sensors
Reply 24
Original post by Sherlock.545
The tail provides electrons which are the ones that get excited and move to higher energy levels when light shines on the chlorophyll. . Then you go ahed and explain further..

What did you write

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did mention the light exciting electrons and this boosting to higher levels and blabla However i didn't specify that the tail provided the electrons... Hopefully i can get some marks
Reply 25

I wrote that to measure water you get a sample from the soil and weigh it, then you dry the sample and weigh it again.
Then to measure light use a light meter.
I did add too that this measurements should be repeated to ensure reliability since they can vary depending on the season of the year or the time of the day. Just in case since they were 3 or 4 marks (can't remember exactly) haha

For the detection of cancer on blood sample i wrote that you get a blood sample and compare to a healthy blood sample, which will have the normal number of white blood cells, platelets and red blood cells and plasma cells will have a normal shape. Therefore you count how many they are in the blood sample and depending in the number of them and shape of plasma cells, they would have cancer or not.
(edited 7 years ago)
Guys i wrote that this hydrophobic tail holds it in place ; cuz it kind of didnt make sense to me that it would give off the electrons ;
Original post by Sherlock.545

What did you write

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote that it holds it in place since it wont get moved my water
What about the 6 mark answer. What points did you discuss for that
Reply 29
Original post by Mishkaat
Guys i wrote that this hydrophobic tail holds it in place ; cuz it kind of didnt make sense to me that it would give off the electrons ;

Some of my classmates wrote that too, that's why i wasn't sure about it
Reply 30
What about the 6 mark answer. What points did you discuss for that

Which of the two 6 mark qs?
Original post by sllinares
Which of the two 6 mark qs?

The one about peatland
Yeah you can tell us what you wrote
The one about peatland

What were the sentences again i wrote alot about those though the second one was a bit weird dunno
The weird one was that about the jigsaw puzzle. I wrote about carbon cycle, co2 being released
The weird one was that about the jigsaw puzzle. I wrote about carbon cycle, co2 being released

Yeah what do they mean with freakin jigsaw puzzle ; i didnt get it i just wrote that they didnt know where the carbon from the atmosphere was dissapearing and that it was accumulating like a carbon sink in that peat
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 36
Yeah what do they mean with freakin jigsaw puzzle ; i didnt get it i just wrote that they didnt know where the carbon from the atmosphere was dissapearing and that it was accumulating like a carbon sink in that peat

I mentioned the carbon cycle too. That one was really weird
My son sat unit 4 Biology today and sits Unit 4 Chemistry on Thursday. He said today's paper was like nothing he had seen before. A lot of suggest questions and less knowledge based. Over his 5 x AS levels he averaged 90%. He was so upset about the exam today. He didn't even finish the paper. One very upset son :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Antonia Jane
My son sat unit 4 Biology today and sits Unit 4 Chemistry on Thursday. He said today's paper was like nothing he had seen before. A lot of suggest questions and less knowledge based. Over his 5 x AS levels he averaged 90%. He was so upset about the exam today. He didn't even finish the paper. One very upset son :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am gonna take the chem test too on thursday . This bio test kinda destroyed my self confidence so i dont quite know how i'll do in chem :/
I am gonna take the chem test too on thursday . This bio test kinda destroyed my self confidence so i dont quite know how i'll do in chem :/

Omg me too, I got a panic attack in the exam and I basically ****ed up 😭 I really need some motivation for tomorrows chem unit 4 exam :frown:(((((((

Quick Reply

Latest