The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student1256
I hope it doesn't just degenerate from a little chat to a lecture by me 😂😂

Wouldn't mind it :smile:

Original post by h3rmit
For the guy who said there was a strong turnout for NatSci at Caius, was that for Bio or Physical?

Probably physical but wouldn't be suprised if it applied to both ^^
Original post by jamestg
Are you allowed to bring slow cookers?

(As everything) it depends on your college--Emmanuel allows them :biggrin:
Reply 1302
Original post by h3rmit
Wait, what?

Slow cookers are probably the best, most stress free way to cook food, seems like a poor decision

What do you mean by "technically"?

At my college the insurance policy doesn't cover additional cooking devices so if they catch fire and burn down a building...
Original post by alow
At my college the insurance policy doesn't cover additional cooking devices so if they catch fire and burn down a building...

That's fair enough. Regardless, I could cover the cost. Just add it to my student fees and keep the change.
Original post by jenoverboard
We're in the exact same position! Edinburgh is my second choice after Cambridge for CompSci too! Hopefully I'll see you at one or the other depending on Thursday:tongue: what college did you apply to?

Awesome! I don't know if I'll firm Edinburgh or Cambridge if both give me an offer to be honest, I *loved* Edinburgh at the open day. Fingers crossed both give me an offer!
I did a direct application for Girton (lol, yeah, I know); you?
Original post by daniilS
If I manage to get into Emmanuel I'll need to buy this book

If that fails just follow the stream of students to the ready meal section in sainsburys, they've helpfully put it fairly close to the entrance. You also have to walk past the cooked food section to get to basically everything else so you will see another cluster around there.
Original post by jamestg
Are you allowed to bring slow cookers?

You can't use them in your room, though provided it was PAT tested (which college come round and do for you at the start of each year) I don't see why you couldn't use one in the gyp room.
Original post by IcedArizona
Wouldn't mind it :smile:

Probably physical but wouldn't be suprised if it applied to both ^^

I think the MEAT said that generally physicals are more competitive.

Original post by alow
A bit of creativity is needed. It's surprising what you can cook just on the hob.

Could you share your favourite frugal student hob recipes with us? :tongue:
Original post by liziepie

Took me some time to figure out what the MEAT was..
But ah well sad, hopefully they'll place more applicants in the pool then

Spoiler

Original post by liziepie

http://frugalfeeding.com/ :wink:
Original post by samb1234
Bear in mind that some colleges have pretty terrible cooking facilities, ovens are a rarity (only a few colleges have them) and some gyps are pretty much the size of a cupboard so it's a bit limiting.

I know - I think you've missed my original comment :tongue: I was saying the thing that my other universities have over Cambridge is the ability to self cater :smile:
Original post by jneill
It will almost certainly have a college* crest. And no, the letters look similar.

*The university isn't responsible for undergrad admissions, the colleges are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So it should be identifiable from the envelope that it's from Cambridge? Just because I have another bit of post which is probably going to arrive on Thursday, and I would hate to run home in my free lesson to find that it's just that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't need to worry about what the letter looks like that much as I never...get...mail...
Just came here to brag because I got the live episode deduction right before almost everyone else and 'Sherlock' (aka Gatiss and Moffat) liked my tweets twice :holmes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hISqktkU0LM (look at 1:34) I hope that the letter looks like this. (Why does Yale's acceptance page have a picture of a pug on it???)
Original post by Rachel58
I don't need to worry about what the letter looks like that much as I never...get...mail...

I don't normally, it just happens that two rather important pieces of post will be arriving probably on the same day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayofsunshine98
I don't normally, it just happens that two rather important pieces of post will be arriving probably on the same day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooooh, big day! Hope it goes well, whatever it is :smile: :smile: :smile:

See, I literally haven't got mail since...like...um...no, I can't remember. I'm just excited to be getting a letter. Who cares if its a rejection...an actual letter...for me :excited:
Original post by auburnstar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hISqktkU0LM (look at 1:34) I hope that the letter looks like this. (Why does Yale's acceptance page have a picture of a pug on it???)

it's a bulldog - their mascot!
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Just came here to brag because I got the live episode deduction right before almost everyone else and 'Sherlock' (aka Gatiss and Moffat) liked my tweets twice :holmes:

They retweeted mine.

Spoiler

Original post by somebodyelse98
it's a bulldog - their mascot!

Oh, that makes a lot of sense. It's quirky, a bulldog holding a balloon it its mouth. I like it. Much nicer than "Dear [Applicant], we [are delighted/regret] to inform you that your application to study [course] at [University] has been [successful/unsuccessful]."

Latest

Trending

Trending