The Student Room Group

Is it still rape if..?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Rakas21
Think of it another way.. what if person A did not enjoy the act at any point. At what point did it move from an act which could be cast aside due to enjoying dominance ect.. to one which you would prosecute for.

Since its too risky for men to get halfway through and then make sure you started to enjoy it, the law exists at the point of entry. Hence it is rape but in the same way as drunk sex i suppose.

If the pleasure wasn't there, it would have been quite clear. But considering that the reaction of the human body could even give you an orgasm even if you didn't consent to the sexual intercourse, it's questionable either way.

The entry is the tricky part here, since person A didn't consider it at all and it was not a predictable scenario at all considering the fight and the desire to end things for good. By law it is rape, I was just considering the other factors.

Original post by ChickenMadness
I think probably 70% of girls I've been with expressed they're into that, or asked me to do that to them. Especially my most recent ex gf. Loads of girls just wanna be abused in the bedroom in my experience lmao.

It could be something they do all the time and the BF wanted to give her a super rough ****ing cus its what she likes and it'l stop them breaking up.

Thanks for sharing that with us. 70% that's quite high.

And I didn't think about that at all. Why she didn't want to break up is the weirdest part. Lol.
Original post by 0to100
right but shes not talking about that. The example says, she tried to get away.

I wasnt referring to the example. And yes. Thanks, I can read.

What would you like me to say?
Any nonconsensual sexual act is considered rape by definition. Legally though if the person who is being coerced is male then no. Sadly, in this country, women cannot be charged with rape.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SonoLuma

What would you like me to say?

Something relevant and constructive.
Original post by EC
I

Thanks for sharing that with us. 70% that's quite high.

And I didn't think about that at all. Why she didn't want to break up is the weirdest part. Lol.

haha were you being sarcastic? Ye every time it gets to those 'what are you into?' convos it ends up being bdsm type stuff. Probably just the type of girls I end up with.

She might have just thought, "ah nah actually the sex is really good, not gonna get it like this again in a while, better stay."
Reply 105
Original post by ChickenMadness
haha were you being sarcastic? Ye every time it gets to those 'what are you into?' convos it ends up being bdsm type stuff. Probably just the type of girls I end up with.

She might have just thought, "ah nah actually the sex is really good, not gonna get it like this again in a while, better stay."

What is described in OP isn't bdsm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0to100
Something relevant and constructive.

Did you not read my original comment.

I supplied anecdotal experience that was relevant. And I split the situation into two sides, the law and the subjective. If the girl doesnt want to involve the law, then it is reduced to subjective conjecture. So... try not getting so defensive over a throwaway comment.
Reply 107
Original post by CookieButter
Any nonconsensual sexual act is considered rape by definition. Legally though if the person who is being coerced is male then no. Women sadly cannot be charged with rape.

I wonder what happens if both are women..
Original post by RobML
What is described in OP isn't bdsm

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think bdsm is a pretty broad term though.
Original post by SonoLuma
Did you not read my original comment.

I supplied anecdotal experience that was relevant. And I split the situation into two sides, the law and the subjective. If the girl doesnt want to involve the law, then it is reduced to subjective conjecture. So... try not getting so defensive over a throwaway comment.

I read and quoted it mate. You're blowing off rape like it's no big deal because "some people are into it." Why you or anyone finds that funny or acceptable is beyond me.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Learn the law.

You learn the law because you clearly don't.

I've read 'The Sexual Offences Act 2003'. And it doesn't outlaw it.

But if you knew how cases and rulings worked, you would know drunken consent is still consent instead of doing zero research and saying 'Learn the law.' LMAO

2005 trial - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/drunken-consent-to-sex-is-still-consent-judge-rules-516722.html
Ched Evans trial - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/ched-evans-rape-trial-not-guilty-hotel-teenager-judge-remarks-a7361956.html
Original post by EC
People found forced sexual intercourse was acceptable if they didn't physically fight back in order to defend themselves.

"Respondents in Romania and Hungary were consistently among the most likely to say each situation may be a justification for sex without consent, while those in Sweden and Spain were consistently among the least likely to say so."

Also, 70% in Europe are aware that it is common in their country but rather ignore it, thinking it's exaggerated.

I was quite surprised that most people know it happens but choose not to question it.

I was completely unsurprised to find E Europe where there was the greatest tolerance for it and Scandinavia the least. You live there and you know what the culture is like, but Scandinavians tend to have strong female role models are progressive and enlightened. I think its unusprised, but theres not a lot an inidividual can do except not to practice it or confront it if they come across it. Most rapists are known to their victims so that already cuts it down to known groups.

I imagine if the survey was even wider then other societies would find it even more acceptable. Actual rape convictions are still very rare because if all the difficulties in getting a case to court.
Reply 112
Original post by 0to100
I read and quoted it mate. You're blowing off rape like it's no big deal because "some people are into it." Why you or anyone finds that funny or acceptable is beyond me.

We were just stating our opinions on this particular situation, no one here intended to say that rape is somehow okay. Don't get triggered.
Reply 113
Original post by StudyJosh
You learn the law because you clearly don't.

I've read 'The Sexual Offences Act 2003'. And it doesn't outlaw it.

But if you knew how cases and rulings worked, you would know drunken consent is still consent instead of doing zero research and saying 'Learn the law.' LMAO

2005 trial - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/drunken-consent-to-sex-is-still-consent-judge-rules-516722.html
Ched Evans trial - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/ched-evans-rape-trial-not-guilty-hotel-teenager-judge-remarks-a7361956.html

What a case, so basically the decision was made on her being intoxicated, assuming she was responsible for how much she drank and not got drunk by someone else or would that apply as well as consent?
People found forced sexual intercourse was acceptable if they didn't physically fight back in order to defend themselves.

Rape culture.
Original post by EC
We were just stating our opinions on this particular situation, no one here intended to say that rape is somehow okay. Don't get triggered.

We who? I'm only talking to one person, don't try it. And stop using the word triggered, its a stupid and immature word.

Anyway I stand by people liking rough sex being completely irrelevant to non-consensual sex. I have no idea what your goal is.
Reply 116
Original post by 0to100
We who? I'm only talking to one person, don't try it. And stop using the word triggered, its stupid.

Anyway I stand by people liking rough sex being completely irrelevant to non-consensual sex. I have no idea what your goal is.

Not trying it.

There is an obvious difference and I was just getting more informed as you can see.
Original post by 0to100

Those are some big assumptions youve just made there. I would say that youve not only over-extrapolated, but you've put words into my mouth as well.

As I say, You should try not being so defensive. While you're at it, try looking at my original comment again. Only without seeing what you want to see.

If you have any further problems, please feel free to send your thoughts to my absolutely real email address: [email protected]
Original post by 999tigger
I was completely unsurprised to find E Europe where there was the greatest tolerance for it and Scandinavia the least. You live there and you know what the culture is like, but Scandinavians tend to have strong female role models are progressive and enlightened. I think its unusprised, but theres not a lot an inidividual can do except not to practice it or confront it if they come across it. Most rapists are known to their victims so that already cuts it down to known groups.

I imagine if the survey was even wider then other societies would find it even more acceptable. Actual rape convictions are still very rare because if all the difficulties in getting a case to court.

Convictions rates for rape are amongst the highest conviction rates of all crimes. In the UK the conviction rates for rape are roughly 20% higher than the national average.

Original post by EC
I wonder what happens if both are women..

The one who is doing the coercion would be charged with sexual assault.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 119
Thank you for explaining and coming up with relevant information, you're all great. I appreciate it. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending