The Student Room Group

My dad is threatening to kill me over my grades

As stupid as this sounds my A Level report came out today and unfortunately I got a U in Biology (which most people did in the year). After hearing this my dad came into my room and is threatening to kill me, I'm under a lot of stress and god knows I'm trying my hardest this year to get into university but anytime I happen to flop an exam my dad has the same violent attitude, I am genuinely scared for my life because I think he will actually do it. He is a violent and selfish person. I'm pretty sure I will get other Us in irrelevant tests, the school makes it their duty to inform my parents of all the results of the tests we do, I don't get praised if I do well either. I know he's the type to do it, he's telling me to watch out. This has been happening constantly since my 11+ exams, hurling abuse at me. Please help.
Reply 1
Wow I hope your dad gets hit by a train
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
As stupid as this sounds my A Level report came out today and unfortunately I got a U in Biology (which most people did in the year). After hearing this my dad came into my room and is threatening to kill me, I'm under a lot of stress and god knows I'm trying my hardest this year to get into university but anytime I happen to flop an exam my dad has the same violent attitude, I am genuinely scared for my life because I think he will actually do it. He is a violent and selfish person. I'm pretty sure I will get other Us in irrelevant tests, the school makes it their duty to inform my parents of all the results of the tests we do, I don't get praised if I do well either. I know he's the type to do it, he's telling me to watch out. This has been happening constantly since my 11+ exams, hurling abuse at me. Please help.
I feel like your dad is reading this right now. Just a feeling.

You need to disclose this situation to someone you trust [adult] at school.
Reply 4
Original post by Ringstone
You need to disclose this situation to someone you trust [adult] at school.

no that will make things worse
no that will make things worse

Your choice, you know the dynamics, but random guys with keyboards aren't going to be any help.
I know how you feel, my dad USED to be the same.

Maybe talk to your mum or siblings about it or just confront him in the nicet way possible.

and maybe get a tutor if you can afford it
Same here, what do I do.
(edited 1 year ago)
did u get in university

Latest

Trending

Trending