The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abj0
Speak with confidence. Remember to pause and think of answers if you don't know them rather than stuttering. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice! It's over now feel so relieved
Original post by gliitter
Hey how'd it go??

Hey! It was good thanks. They were quite friendly, good luck for yours if you haven't had it yet!
Original post by desertlover
Hey! It was good thanks. They were quite friendly, good luck for yours if you haven't had it yet!

When will they let you know about your result?
Original post by Medic17
When will they let you know about your result?

They said within the next 2 weeks. Now to play the waiting game...
Reply 944
Thanks for the advice! It's over now feel so relieved

Well done! Apparently they pick apart your personal statement. Is this true??
Original post by Medic17
When did you get it yesterday ? Are you an international . I have pretty much the same score beside section 2 and an international

I got the invite for interview on Friday. No I'm a uk applicant in yr 13
Original post by ApartName43
I got the invite for interview on Friday. No I'm a uk applicant in yr 13

Good luck !!
I have an interview tomorrow at 14.00, as well as a tour prior to the interview at 12.30. Is there any last minute tips anybody would recommend!!
Original post by krishan97
I have an interview tomorrow at 14.00, as well as a tour prior to the interview at 12.30. Is there any last minute tips anybody would recommend!!

Just be yourself, they're obviously interested in you hence the interview, and therefore want to see what you're like at face value.
Original post by carpenoctem
Just relax and if you're nervous try not to rush straight into your answers without thinking it through (I did that with the ethical bit)! I had mine at the same time as you and went on the tour so you've pretty much got enough time between the two to get yourself in the zone. I wouldn't try cramming anything into that time, just chill with other applicants and try not to worry about factual recall because they just want you to say what you think. Good luck! :smile:

Roughly how long did your interview last?
Hey guys.

For those who did the interview, were the ethical questions slightly obscure or ones that you've probably seen before (e.g. euthanasia, free healthcare, organ donation)?

Not asking you to list the question(s) but how did you feel about it when asked?
Original post by carpenoctem
I think just over 10ish minutes according to my dad who was outside waiting for me.

I'd probably classify mine as slightly obscure. It was pretty straightforward but I'd never considered it before when thinking about medical ethics questions. As long as you explain yourself clearly and don't do anything that's obviously wrong/controversial (like common sense, nothing too complicated) I'm sure you'll be fine.

Helpful response. Thanks. :smile:

So how did you prepare? Did you use the ISC book by any chance?

Sorry I'll stop pestering you with questions. :biggrin:
Original post by iamDev
Would I be at a disadvantage if I did the interview at a later date? So say I picked 22nd Feb over the 1st Feb - would it slightly harder to get an offer as more candidates would have been interviewed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope - you have an equal chance of whenever you are interviewed.
Original post by ApartName43
I got an interview on Friday with BMAT 5.4, 4.9, 2.5A
(AAAA predicted)

Do you know if you're guaranteed an interview if you have made the imperial beat cutoff ?
Original post by Senthil Patel
Do you know if you're guaranteed an interview if you have made the imperial beat cutoff ?

To my knowledge you are not.
To my knowledge you are not.

How much was your BMAT ? And are you a current applicant ? As I see ppl getting offers with very low BMAT .
interview tomorrow at 1.40, nerves are horrible
Reply 957
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
interview tomorrow at 1.40, nerves are horrible

Just relax and be confident! Good luck 😉
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by oey99
Just relax confident! Good luck 😉

thank you very much
Original post by Senthil Patel

I don't know but i would think so

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending