The Student Room Group

Transgender and public toilets

Should a trans woman who has not undergone surgery and still looks like a man choose to use female public toilets? Or is it better for her and everyone if she just uses the male toilets like she has done all her life?

Do not mean to cause any offence if this is a sensitive topic, I'm just wondering.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No. You go to the toilet of your biological gender.
Personally I think you should go to the toilets of whichever genitals you possess. Noah Fence to anyone, js like
Reply 3
Any other views?
if you are a very passable transwomen who looks like a women, you can use the female toilet. if you look like a man in a dress, get out. xx
Original post by fergijane88
Personally I think you should go to the toilets of whichever genitals you possess. Noah Fence to anyone, js like

what about transgender people that got the surgery to have the female genitals?
Original post by fergijane88

why do you go in the womens' then
The transwoman should be confident that they can pass as a woman, because it's not nice for women to identify a man strolling in the ladies toilets
Original post by KyleH123

lmao
Why not have chromosome and genital checks before people use public toilets? That's how ridiculous this thing has become.

Best thing is to let people use whatever section they deem fit and strive towards more gender neutral toilets.
Best thing is to let people use whatever section they deem fit and strive towards more gender neutral toilets.

So you believe that men and women should have shared public toilets?
well given way back when, people would **** and piss out in the open, walk around butt naked, I'd say the world has become a little too focused on crap that doesn't matter like having to separate men and women so they can piss.

It's crazy just how out of touch of reality humans have become.

Also this:
[video="youtube;DnmDMK7ZEos"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnmDMK7ZEos[/video]

Do answer the question OP, I do believe that it should be ok for a transgender how hasn't had surgery to use a female toilet. The reason why I posted the video above is because this is a typical guy who has just stuck a wig and dress on and called himself transgender...but that isn't what a transgender is.

Generally it should be a case of using whichever toilet you feel comfortable with, which is probably the one which will draw least attention. I disagree that you can only use them if you are very passable. It's not fair to basically say to someone, sorry, your genetics aren't like that trans over there so you can't come in here.
(edited 7 years ago)
If in doubt, use the gent's. If you look like a woman but you have a cock, then go ahead and stand at a urinal and have a piss, it's your right as a cock-owner. If you look like a man but you have a vagina, might just be easiest to go into the gents and find a cubicle to pee in, better than the look of horror you'd get when you walk into the ladies'.
Reply 13
Next they'll want species-specific toilets for those that identify as wolf-kin :colonhash:
they should use whatever toilets they're comfortable with

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cherryred90s
So you believe that men and women should have shared public toilets?

Yes. I'm of the opinion that gender neutral toilets should be considered. I've seen 'em in action with no hassle and aware that some universities, e.g. Lancaster and Oxford have dabbled with it.

If you think that I'm wrong or have don't have the right ideas I'd be glad to hear your take on it.
Original post by bubblegumcat
they should use whatever toilets they're comfortable with

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't it matter what other people are comfortable with?
Original post by KyleH123

I just follow you in X
Original post by AshEntropy
Next they'll want species-specific toilets for those that identify as wolf-kin :colonhash:

surely wolf-type species would be pretty game for just going on a tree somewhere no?
Original post by cherryred90s
Doesn't it matter what other people are comfortable with?

nah not really

if people feel uncomfortable with someone who has something such as gender-dysphoria using a toilet, I'd say people get too butt hurt too easily and something needs to change to stop people getting so butt-hurt over nothing.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending