The Student Room Group

Maths - Edexcel 3HR - January 9th 2017

So we've just had out paper 3HR edexcel for mathematics lets try to create an unofficial markscheme for it
Original post by VirenSam
So we've just had out paper 3HR edexcel for mathematics lets try to create an unofficial markscheme for it

If you remember any questions, more than happy to work through them :h:
Original post by VirenSam

I can't quite remember if i did 3H or 3HR. Was the last question on probability? If so I got 19/50 for that question.
Reply 3
Original post by WillR123
I can't quite remember if i did 3H or 3HR. Was the last question on probability? If so I got 19/50 for that question.

I think you did the 3H as I got the same answer for the probability question..generally how did you find the paper? I have a nasty feeling 4H is going to be quite difficult.
Original post by sch.chx
I think you did the 3H as I got the same answer for the probability question..generally how did you find the paper? I have a nasty feeling 4H is going to be quite difficult.

Overall the paper was fairly easy, almost all the kinds of questions I could have wished for, to be honest. All my friends are saying the next paper will be much harder, however, my maths teacher says that that's not always the case. Hopefully, the next paper will be like the first! Also, do you remember what you got for the simultaneous equation and the turning point question? just a rough answer will do. I think I got 10.(something) for the upper bounds question.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by WillR123
Overall the paper was fairly easy, almost all the kinds of questions I could have wished for, to be honest. All my friends are saying the next paper will be much harder, however, my maths teacher says that that's not always the case. Hopefully, the next paper will be like the first! Also, do you remember what you got for the simultaneous equation and the turning point question? just a rough answer will do. I think I got 10.(something) for the upper bounds question.

I got 10.9 for the bounds question and -0.45 and (something.975) for the turning points question. I don't remember for simultaneous equations. Hopefully your teacher is right about the 2nd paper. However, it does come with high grade boundaries I guess. My teacher estimated 75-77 for an A and 85+ for an A*
Original post by sch.chx
I got 10.9 for the bounds question and -0.45 and (something.975) for the turning points question. I don't remember for simultaneous equations. Hopefully your teacher is right about the 2nd paper. However, it does come with high grade boundaries I guess. My teacher estimated 75-77 for an A and 85+ for an A*

Yesss! I got the same answers as you. Thanks for the reply. I really hope I get an A* for that paper. Revising basically ruined my Christmas holiday lol.

Quick Reply

Latest