The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by newblood
Well the boredom from my current example sheet has led me here, so...

Same tbh but revision rather than example sheet...
Tbf I'm hoping a rejection won't phase me like I don't have a Cambridge offer right now and if I get a rejection I won't either. So hopefully if I do get rejected I'll be unaffected by it...

I guess you could say I don't have a rejection either yet but I don't think of it that way, maybe because I don't feel entitled to a place at Cambridge so why should a confirmation of that make me upset?

Obviously, I will be very happy if I do get an offer on Thursday but I don't think a rejection will make me sad. Anyone else feeling the same i.e. not even knowing how to feel about it??
Original post by Ruthie2267
I'm still debating whether to follow this thread or not on Thursday 😂😂 I probably will to congratulate ppl I've talked to if they get offers tbh but still 🤔

Samee, I feel like it might be too upsetting to say I got rejected. It'll be nice to see everyone getting offers though, you're all so smart on here! :eek: Good luck!!
Original post by Serine Soul
Same tbh but revision rather than example sheet...

Ah sucks, i have a load of sheets i need to hand in for next week. You got mocks?
Original post by newblood
Ah sucks, i have a load of sheets i need to hand in for next week. You got mocks?

Yeah :redface: I think I'm screwed but oh well
I've got m2 tomorrow actually. Had Fp1 today
Original post by domaths
Tbf I'm hoping a rejection won't phase me like I don't have a Cambridge offer right now and if I get a rejection I won't either. So hopefully if I do get rejected I'll be unaffected by it...

I guess you could say I don't have a rejection either yet but I don't think of it that way, maybe because I don't feel entitled to a place at Cambridge so why should a confirmation of that make me upset?

Obviously, I will be very happy if I do get an offer on Thursday but I don't think a rejection will make me sad. Anyone else feeling the same i.e. not even knowing how to feel about it??

🙌🙌 preach, Dom, preach 😉
Reply 1347
anyone know if Churchill college send emails on 12th?
Original post by domaths

that's what I been telling myself for the past month or so, but deep down though...I can faintly sense that sad violin music ready to blast off when D-Day finally comes.
Do Cambridge have offer holder days? Are they split by subject or college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bbglop
that's what I been telling myself for the past month or so, but deep down though...I can faintly sense that sad violin music ready to blast off when D-Day finally comes.

Hmm yh, this is why I have tried to not go down the "telling myself I've been rejected already" route for coping. I want my reaction to be authentic lool
I keep going through bouts of not caring and then having so much regret from various aspects of the application process. :frown:

That Durham offer clearly wasn't enough to settle me down.
Original post by sanchit117
Do Cambridge have offer holder days? Are they split by subject or college?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's per college, and some do and some don't. In particular, pooled offer holders can often go to applicant open days to have a look around their new college.
(edited 7 years ago)
Every time I console myself that maybe the interview wasn't that bad I then get painful flashbacks to the ELAT and since visibly. I know that if I get rejected my AT is going to be a big part of that welp
Original post by m15es
anyone know if Churchill college send emails on 12th?

Yeah they do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So I just got my a-level results yesterday (from CIE's October/November exam session). Do you think Cambridge will have seen and considered them already? Before making and sending out decisions?
Original post by fedoratipbot
So I just got my a-level results yesterday (from CIE's October/November exam session). Do you think Cambridge will have seen and considered them already? Before making and sending out decisions?

I *think* they get them a week before you do. But most decisions were made before Christmas, so probably too late.
I know I'll be rejected, because I think my chances of even meeting the A*AA offer are slim anyway. They almost certainly wouldn't give an offer to someone who wouldn't easily smash the offer, I think.

impatiently waits for a response from durham
Original post by trythis
Awesome! I don't know if I'll firm Edinburgh or Cambridge if both give me an offer to be honest, I *loved* Edinburgh at the open day. Fingers crossed both give me an offer!
I did a direct application for Girton (lol, yeah, I know); you?

I have an unconditional to Edinburgh currently (Scottish student lol) so if Cambridge reject me I probably won't even be that mad. Agreed, I adored Edinburgh at the open day!! I applied to Jesus:smile: good luck with both unis, hopefully you'll hear from Edinburgh soon?
Original post by jneill
I *think* they get them a week before you do. But most decisions were made before Christmas, so probably too late.

Ooohhhhh, damn. And I thought they were pretty good.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending