The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So will this thread die once the late-poolers have had their offers?
Original post by Abstract_Prism
I know I'll be rejected, because I think my chances of even meeting the A*AA offer are slim anyway. They almost certainly wouldn't give an offer to someone who wouldn't easily smash the offer, I think.

impatiently waits for a response from durham

Same. Are you plumping for Durham as your second-best then?
Original post by PMC01234
Tomorrow take a look to The Other Place applicants thread, they'll receive their decision... It'll be funny :rofl:... till Thursday :rofl:

:colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it unreasonable of me to hope for mercy from the admissions department because my birthday's on Friday?:frown:
Original post by jamestg
Same. Are you plumping for Durham as your second-best then?

I'm also Durhaming as a second choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you make a fresh Cambridge application whilst you're at another university or is that not how it goes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thewinelake
So will this thread die once the late-poolers have had their offers?

It will be effectively replaced by the Offer Holders thread.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4494528
Original post by Reaver Daniels
I'm also Durhaming as a second choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which college and course?
Can you make a fresh Cambridge application whilst you're at another university or is that not how it goes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope. You can't apply whilst holding a place elsewhere. It's basically because Cambridge doesn't want to be seen as poaching from other UK universities.
Original post by jamestg
Which college and course?

Politics and Philosophy at University College. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Politics and Philosophy at University College. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! Econ at Mary's!

Have you got an offer yet?
Original post by jneill
Nope. You can't apply whilst holding a place elsewhere. It's basically because Cambridge doesn't want to be seen as poaching from other UK universities.

Ah damn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
It will be effectively replaced by the Offer Holders thread.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4494528

But surely that won't last long? Or will the banter continue until next October?!
Original post by jamestg
Nice! Econ at Mary's!

Have you got an offer yet?

No, not yet. Anxiously waiting. Have an offer from Warwick though, which I'd insurance if Durham offer and Cambridge reject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else feel sick all the time and struggle to sleep? The only way of stopping it is to reassure myself and fill myself with confidence which I really don't want to do because it'll hurt more on Thursday I think...
Original post by jneill

I do know someone who started a term at LSE and reapplied to Oxford and got in, I don't know if they have slightly different rules for Cambridge though.
Original post by thewinelake
But surely that won't last long? Or will the banter continue until next October?!

No no, the Offer Holders thread will start in earnest on Thursday with banter and everything :smile:. This thread will be "unstickied" and be allowed to drop away naturally.

It *might* even be closed. We'll see...
(edited 7 years ago)
No, not yet. Anxiously waiting. Have an offer from Warwick though, which I'd insurance if Durham offer and Cambridge reject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooooh I'm kinda in the same position. Although I've got Durham and I'm waiting on Warwick.

I might considering insuring Warwick if I get in but only if they give a reduced offer (won't happen lol).
Officialy tomorrow !!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Original post by ericacookies
I do know someone who started a term at LSE and reapplied to Oxford and got in, I don't know if they have slightly different rules for Cambridge though.

They do.

Latest