The Student Room Group

i am being bullied at school

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reachin4TheStars
I have been bullied in school but ik it's hard but you have to tell a teacher or any member of staff that you trust and they can help you with this, I'm sorry to hear that you are being bullied, it's not a nice experience I hope it gets better for you soon!
:h:
:hugs:
thanks but what do I actually go and say
Original post by randomgirl995
something
Can I not say something like they keep making fun of me t and saying something to me

s

Yes, say something or leave a note. I think in my old school there was a letterbox where you could 'post' a letter to members of staff if you had a problem.
thanks but what do I actually go and say

Tell them that you're being bullied and what's happening?
Original post by Wilfred Little
Yes, say something or leave a note. I think in my old school there was a letterbox where you could 'post' a letter to members of staff if you had a problem.

I'm scared cause they might. Change their opinion about me and idk how to say it
What do I say though . Shall I just say that the boys keep saying tings to me and making fun of me , but then again it's embarrassing and I can't say it without crying

You say the TRUTH! WOW, I am sorry but do you enjoy being bullied or something?

Say I am shoplifter and troublemaker from a council estate who causes a lot of grief to shopkeepers. I walk into three off-licenses on a regular and steal booze whilst threatening the shopkeeper not to report it to the police. The shopkeepers know I am the biggest bully on the estate and that my friends are big and strong Do you think I would last long? NO! I can guarantee you that at least one of the shopkeepers would have told the police in confidence what has been going on. Eventually, given with time, both the shopkeepers and the police would have boxed me in and before you know it I am behind bars. BTW, the crime I am describing is fictious - as in I did not commit these and no I am not from a council estate. However, it is a far bigger crime than the one you are experiencing. The point is you have to be very honest and upfront with your teachers.

How do you think rapists go behind bars? Do their victims just say that someone followed them - because if they did then it wouldn't be a serious enough crime for the criminal to go behind bars.

If you are not willing to speak the truth then I can't be of much help.
Original post by yunglife

Say I am shoplifter and troublemaker from a council estate who causes a lot of grief to shopkeepers. I walk into three off-licenses on a regular and steal booze whilst threatening the shopkeeper not to report it to the police. The shopkeepers know I am the biggest bully on the estate and that my friends are big and strong Do you think I would last long? NO! I can guarantee you that at least one of the shopkeepers would have told the police in confidence what has been going on. Eventually, given with time, both the shopkeepers and the police would have boxed me in and before you know it I am behind bars. BTW, the crime I am describing is fictious - as in I did not commit these and no I am not from a council estate. However, it is a far bigger crime than the one you are experiencing. The point is you have to be very honest and upfront with your teachers.

How do you think rapists go behind bars? Do their victims just say that someone followed them - because if they did then it wouldn't be a serious enough crime for the criminal to go behind bars.

u said speak the truth and I am gonna say the truth which is that the boys keep saying things to me and making fun of me and another reason I'm scare is because my teacher things I don't get bullied and then they will change their whole opinion on me then ?!?!
Look for a guy/girl (not assuming genders) with a Tensed-arm for A profile picture; he will be of help to you.
u said speak the truth and I am gonna say the truth which is that the boys keep saying things to me and making fun of me and another reason I'm scare is because my teacher things I don't get bullied and then they will change their whole opinion on me then ?!?!

Thank you for considering the option of being honest.

The teacher should take your side. YOU SHOULD NOT FEAR about what the teacher thinks! You don't get paid to run the school and you don't owe the school anything other than your hard work and commitment! Your teacher gets paid money to teach and maintain discipline and respect for your school! Teachers are also mentors for students and they actually do have a duty of care towards students - look up any teaching job spec. They have enhanced CRB checks run against them prior to them joining.

NEVER FEAR ABOUT WHAT OTHERS MAY THINK ABOUT YOU! I was once just like you, I was bullied and feared speaking up! I regret it now, but had I been so confident at the time things may have worked out differently.

If the teacher does not believe you, go up the chain. Bring your parents in at the very last resort. Does your school not have peer mentors?
CHANGING YOUR MIND= CHANGING YOUR LIFE

If i were you, i would stand up for myself or tell someone i trust about it.

It is high time you kep your head held high and stop worrying about what people think because most of the time, we are the causes of our own problems by our illusioned thinking.
Thank you for considering the option of being honest.

The teacher should take your side. YOU SHOULD NOT FEAR about what the teacher thinks! You don't get paid to run the school and you don't owe the school anything other than your hard work and commitment! Your teacher gets paid money to teach and maintain discipline and respect for your school! Teachers are also mentors for students and they actually do have a duty of care towards students - look up any teaching job spec. They have enhanced CRB checks run against them prior to them joining.

NEVER FEAR ABOUT WHAT OTHERS MAY THINK ABOUT YOU! I was once just like you, I was bullied and feared speaking up! I regret it now, but had I been so confident at the time things may have worked out differently.

If the teacher does not believe you, go up the chain. Bring your parents in at the very last resort. Does your school not have peer mentors?

They don't have peer mentors but I'm worried about what do I actually say and when do I go like at te start of lesson or end ??
I am being bullied by certain guys in my year. There are two lessons where I have to sit with two boys beside me. They always shout out hurtful things and tease me in front of the whole class . I'm afraid to tell ky teachers because right now they think I'm really clever and if I do tell them it will be embarassimg and they might think I'm dumb so ppl bully me and they might lose their respect for me . I don't know how to put a stop to it . I'm quiet so I cant speak up for myself . I don't want to tell a teacher bc they will they think I'm dumb and cant stand up for myself . They might also just think that I'm one of those weird strange students that get bullied . How do I stop it and will teachers actually think that if I said it

You're a girl and theres two boys bullying you. Make it clear and humiliate them for doing such a cowardly thing. A small dick joke and their balls will shrivel into their ballsacks and they wont talk to you again.

But seriously, its all about mutual respect. Dont be taken for a mug and finish them off.
Reply 31
Hey

I'm sorry you're getting bullied.
First of all, let me just say that I was bullied for five years ago throughout highschool and those five years were the worst five years of my life. But let me tell you something- don't hold it in. Look, it is difficult to tell someone. I know because I experienced that. I'm really outgoing now, moving on from highschool. That bullying experience had such a bad impact on me that i was too scared to even look up in class. And in top of having my "friends" ditch me and join in on bullying me, I had some people tell me that it was my fault and people only get bullied for a reason. Yh, that shattered me but one thing I have to tell you from that experience is that nobody is going to do something unless you take steps for that to happen. It will get better, but for it to get better, you must tell someone. Get your teacher to move you as sometimes, they are clueless. I was bullied especially in my geography class I remember , with one girl getting violent to me and the rest of the class cheering her on and yelling at me for being scared. And my teacher didn't notice. Obviously, not all cases would be like that or to that extent but one thing you must do is tell your teacher so it doesn't escalate any further. When I finally had enough courage it tell my teacher, she moved me instantly next to another quiet girl and we ended up becoming friends. That was my first friend in such a long time. If a teacher doesn't move you or do something to help you once you've told them, then you must take further action by going to head of year or department or whatever. But one thing , you must realise is that your teacher will not lose any respect for you if you tell them. They'll gain more respect if anything because you went and told them. That is so important. If you tell them, they'll either move you or do something or they might watch out for if anyone says something again to you. That way, the kids can't call you a "snitch" because it was the teacher who disciplined them in class. I used to be so scared of being called a "snitch" that I kept it in for so long. When I finally told, it was difficult saying to a teacher after class one day "can I talk to you? Could you move me because so and so don't let me do my work. They write mean things in my books, laugh at me, take my homework and send it as theirs, rip my homework, hit me, etc etc" hrse were stuff that actually happened to me by the way. And my teacher asked me why I didn't tell what earlier and felt bad for not noticing! So next lesson she made a new seating plan and out me next to someone better. That really helped me. If you are too scared to tell a teacher, you'll keep facing it and if you face it alone, it will hurt. The longer you keep it like this, the more it will hurt. Trust me, I've been bullied for five years and I wish I had the guts to tell my teacher earlier. Don't let this continue. Please tell someone. I know you don't want to say "I'm being bullied by xyz so please move me" even though that is shorter and easiest to say. But If you don't say this, then you are either rewording it to say something that means the exact same thing! Look itis difficult but why do you thinkyour teacher is going to loserespect for you? Your teacher is a grown adult who is professional and also wants what's best for you. If you don't let them know that you are being bullied, they might just think you are doing fine. You must let them know. What opinion is your teacher going to change of you? They're not going to think that you are weak or anything. They are going to think they they need to do something and act upon this because they cannot tolerate bullying in their class as it is bad. They won't change he any opinion of you. They won't think anything of that sort. Don't assume that the teacher thinks the same way as any bully might do. They won't change any opinions of you. You must tell them straight up that you are being bullied by so and so. Could they do something about it. And they have to do something to help you. They won't value you any less or nor will they think of you differently. Trust me, you must tell the teacher. It is hard and I wish I told someone. I would be in such a different position now, if I did. Do something to sort out the problem because If you don't, it will escalate and continue. Mine continued for five whole years. Don't ever tolerate bullying or vile treatment as such.
Original post by #_#
Hey

I'm sorry you're getting bullied.
First of all, let me just say that I was bullied for five years ago throughout highschool and those five years were the worst five years of my life. But let me tell you something- don't hold it in. Look, it is difficult to tell someone. I know because I experienced that. I'm really outgoing now, moving on from highschool. That bullying experience had such a bad impact on me that i was too scared to even look up in class. And in top of having my "friends" ditch me and join in on bullying me, I had some people tell me that it was my fault and people only get bullied for a reason. Yh, that shattered me but one thing I have to tell you from that experience is that nobody is going to do something unless you take steps for that to happen. It will get better, but for it to get better, you must tell someone. Get your teacher to move you as sometimes, they are clueless. I was bullied especially in my geography class I remember , with one girl getting violent to me and the rest of the class cheering her on and yelling at me for being scared. And my teacher didn't notice. Obviously, not all cases would be like that or to that extent but one thing you must do is tell your teacher so it doesn't escalate any further. When I finally had enough courage it tell my teacher, she moved me instantly next to another quiet girl and we ended up becoming friends. That was my first friend in such a long time. If a teacher doesn't move you or do something to help you once you've told them, then you must take further action by going to head of year or department or whatever. But one thing , you must realise is that your teacher will not lose any respect for you if you tell them. They'll gain more respect if anything because you went and told them. That is so important. If you tell them, they'll either move you or do something or they might watch out for if anyone says something again to you. That way, the kids can't call you a "snitch" because it was the teacher who disciplined them in class. I used to be so scared of being called a "snitch" that I kept it in for so long. When I finally told, it was difficult saying to a teacher after class one day "can I talk to you? Could you move me because so and so don't let me do my work. They write mean things in my books, laugh at me, take my homework and send it as theirs, rip my homework, hit me, etc etc" hrse were stuff that actually happened to me by the way. And my teacher asked me why I didn't tell what earlier and felt bad for not noticing! So next lesson she made a new seating plan and out me next to someone better. That really helped me. If you are too scared to tell a teacher, you'll keep facing it and if you face it alone, it will hurt. The longer you keep it like this, the more it will hurt. Trust me, I've been bullied for five years and I wish I had the guts to tell my teacher earlier. Don't let this continue. Please tell someone. I know you don't want to say "I'm being bullied by xyz so please move me" even though that is shorter and easiest to say. But If you don't say this, then you are either rewording it to say something that means the exact same thing! Look itis difficult but why do you thinkyour teacher is going to loserespect for you? Your teacher is a grown adult who is professional and also wants what's best for you. If you don't let them know that you are being bullied, they might just think you are doing fine. You must let them know. What opinion is your teacher going to change of you? They're not going to think that you are weak or anything. They are going to think they they need to do something and act upon this because they cannot tolerate bullying in their class as it is bad. They won't change he any opinion of you. They won't think anything of that sort. Don't assume that the teacher thinks the same way as any bully might do. They won't change any opinions of you. You must tell them straight up that you are being bullied by so and so. Could they do something about it. And they have to do something to help you. They won't value you any less or nor will they think of you differently. Trust me, you must tell the teacher. It is hard and I wish I told someone. I would be in such a different position now, if I did. Do something to sort out the problem because If you don't, it will escalate and continue. Mine continued for five whole years. Don't ever tolerate bullying or vile treatment as such.
okay lists im .a girl and boys keep saying things to me like oh hi I love u and whatsoever an then the whole class laughs but the teacher doesn't realise m sometimes they ust shot out my name randomly in a funny way in class and the teacher still doesn't realise. And rthen they like " you stink" and stuff even though I don't so what do I say? Something that will make her move me like can I move bc ... But not bc im being bullied something that would mean the same thing? Plz help. Me what do I say can I move bc ...
okay so what do I say. There are two boys yeh and they make fun of me and day hurtful things to me that ARE DEFINITELY NOT TRUE . Dey just make fun of me and shout out stuffs about me in front of the class. I cant do my work or anything so I wanna ask her to move. Not say I'm bullied but something else with the same meaning. So " can I move BC..."

I am beginning to believe you are trolling for countless reasons... one being your trolling on :kungfu:
If you get me then you get me

But if ya aren't trolling, enough people have given you decent answers.
okay starfab since u know everything What shall I actually say to the teacher??
u said enough pplhave given me enough answers WHAT HAVE I BEEN ASKING? I've been asking what do I say HAS ANYBODY SAID ANYTHING TO THAT LIKE ACTUAL SPEECH IMO
okay starfab since u know everything What shall I actually say to the teacher??

The truth. The absolute truth and nothing but the truth :fuhrer:
Yeah so shall I just say that these boys keep making fun of me and then keep saying mean things to me . Isn't that embarrassing
Yeah so shall I just say that these boys keep making fun of me and then keep saying mean things to me . Isn't that embarrassing

The truth hurts :begone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending