The Student Room Group

my teacher suddenly thinks dumb or something

Scroll to see replies

I've asked you before why you havent asked her?
I've explained she has the rest of the class to teach.
I've given you good advice and alternative things you cna get involved in with maths, that should further your knowledge and if done correctly would impress your maths teachers.

None of it goes in...
Original post by randomgirl995
I don't really CRAVE attention I just want her to think that I'm clever and also of she was like that from the beginning then I wouldn't have really minded but bc ir suddenly changed it makes me wonder why ??

Maybe she doesn't want to overestimate you anymore? Perhaps she saw your use of written language and so her view changed of you?

At the end of the day, whatever she thinks you're clever or not really doesn't matter. You should focus on doing your best and being yourself rather than thinking about what others may think of you.
Original post by Khanthebrit
Maybe she doesn't want to overestimate you anymore? Perhaps she saw your use of written language and so her view changed of you?

At the end of the day, whatever she thinks you're clever or not really doesn't matter. You should focus on doing your best and being yourself rather than thinking about what others may think of you.
what do you mean by use of written language
?? Do you mean it like he thought my work was bad or good.
Original post by 999tigger
I've given you good advice and alternative things you cna get involved in with maths, that should further your knowledge and if done correctly would impress your maths teachers.

None of it goes in...

I cant do the alternatives what can I do DURING class to get his attention as to how smart I an
what do you mean by use of written language
?? Do you mean it like he thought my work was bad or good.

He probably means that your use of written language is poor.

None of it goes in...

Which makes me question the OP's intelligence.
Original post by SophieSmall
Which makes me question the OP's intelligence.

I just think its a wind up or the other things..
I just think its a wind up or the other things..

I hope it's a wind up. Because this level of needing attention and praise is not remotely normal or healthy.
I hope it's a wind up. Because this level of needing attention and praise is not remotely normal or healthy.

would u not like to be praised ?? It makes you feel good doesn't it ? Plz answer my bullying post as well 😊

Who knows? I will probably get carded just for offering advice he advice that I have. When i was at school then id be happy to have a subject I could coast in and that menat more time to ermm relax or more for other subjects. Honestly cant remember craving attention. Does seem to be abornmally high or the other.
would u not like to be praised ?? It makes you feel good doesn't it ? Plz answer my bullying post as well 😊

Praise is nice.

But I'm not obsessed by it nor need it, as you seem to.
Who knows? I will probably get carded just for offering advice he advice that I have. When i was at school then id be happy to have a subject I could coast in and that menat more time to ermm relax or more for other subjects. Honestly cant remember craving attention. Does seem to be abornmally high or the other.

Okay
The really smart people dont need to prove how smart they are to others.
Hey again,

I agree with most of the other replies. She has other students to help too. But I get where you're coming from with the whole thing about her not paying any attention to you, it's odd. You say at the start she was all about YOU, all the attention or whatever was on you. That must've proven to you already that you're smart, maybe she wanted you to come out of your shell a bit. The obvious thing would be that she realised she was sort of favouring you over the rest of the class and that might have looked weird and stuff. So she had to focus on the whole class rather than just you. You say she doesn't pay attention to you, do you try and even make yourself known? You said pure quiet, why don't you speak up and get her attention? You want to answer a question, out your hand up and speak (make yourself known). Not just flailing your arm around or something, call her name loud enough for her to hear and maybe louder than everyone else? Have you tried talking to her after class or something?

You don't need her to prove to you that you're smart if you already know. She most likely knows it too, so she may think she doesn't need to put all the focus on you (even though she should include you). As long as your grades aren't going down, it doesn't really matter.
Original post by MissIntrov
Hey again,

I agree with most of the other replies. She has other students to help too. But I get where you're coming from with the whole thing about her not paying any attention to you, it's odd. You say at the start she was all about YOU, all the attention or whatever was on you. That must've proven to you already that you're smart, maybe she wanted you to come out of your shell a bit. The obvious thing would be that she realised she was sort of favouring you over the rest of the class and that might have looked weird and stuff. So she had to focus on the whole class rather than just you. You say she doesn't pay attention to you, do you try and even make yourself known? You said pure quiet, why don't you speak up and get her attention? You want to answer a question, out your hand up and speak (make yourself known). Not just flailing your arm around or something, call her name loud enough for her to hear and maybe louder than everyone else? Have you tried talking to her after class or something?

You don't need her to prove to you that you're smart if you already know. She most likely knows it too, so she may think she doesn't need to put all the focus on you (even though she should include you). As long as your grades aren't going down, it doesn't really matter.
I am understanding that he she has other students to teach but from giving all her attention to me she changed to another student. You said that she doesn't wanna give all her attention to one student but she gives it to someone else
I am understanding that he she has other students to teach but from giving all her attention to me she changed to another student. You said that she doesn't wanna give all her attention to one student but she gives it to someone else

Is the other student like you? As in quiet and stuff? I wouldn't look into it too much, just try to get her to acknowledge you. Speak up a little more if you don't already
Judging from the way your wrote your first post, with atrocious spelling, misplaced full stops etc. I presume this is a troll?
Is the other student like you? As in quiet and stuff? I wouldn't look into it too much, just try to get her to acknowledge you. Speak up a little more if you don't already
I don't not talk I still talk.but not about work etc. However I don't answer questions in class and the other person does however I get really high grades and she treats me like this?? Why is this the case
I don't not talk I still talk.but not about work etc. However I don't answer questions in class and the other person does however I get really high grades and she treats me like this?? Why is this the case

Well one way to get her attention is to obviously talk about the work! Ask questions, answer questions, get her to mark your work? Just because you get high grades doesn't mean you'll be favoured over everyone else. If you don't even talk about the work, what's the point in her giving you any attention anyway? Although she treated you better at the start, it isn't a race or challenge to be teacher's pet.
Well one way to get her attention is to obviously talk about the work! Ask questions, answer questions, get her to mark your work? Just because you get high grades doesn't mean you'll be favoured over everyone else. If you don't even talk about the work, what's the point in her giving you any attention anyway? Although she treated you better at the start, it isn't a race or challenge to be teacher's pet.
okay do you have kik or instagram or something . BC ur good at answering I wanna ask u something but its personal so I cant ask on here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending