The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham City University Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VioletBlueGreen
Asking on behalf of a friend although I'd guess I'd like to know as well. Is there any chance of a conditional offer being changed to an unconditional one?

Hi,

Once you've been given an offer it's not likely that this will change, so if you've had a conditional offer this will depend on you meeting the conditional requirements, but if you'd like to check or discuss this further with our admissions department you can email them at [email protected]

Thanks,
Lydia
BCU Team
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
So, three out of five universities I applied to have given me interviews. Newman just sent me a rejection letter today and am now waiting on my first choice BCU to get back. Hopefully I don't get rejected :/
Original post by zebby1999
So, three out of five universities I applied to have given me interviews. Newman just sent me a rejection letter today and am now waiting on my first choice BCU to get back. Hopefully I don't get rejected :/

I received an email from BCU inviting me to interview just the other day so hopefully you hear from them soon! Best of luck!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leahjane
I received an email from BCU inviting me to interview just the other day so hopefully you hear from them soon! Best of luck!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done:smile: what course did you apply for?
Well done:smile: what course did you apply for?

Paramedic science 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Paramedic science 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds cool 👍
I've applied to primary education with qts. When did u apply?
That sounds cool 👍
I've applied to primary education with qts. When did u apply?

Good luck with it! And I applied through ucas on 20th November, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck with it! And I applied through ucas on 20th November, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks :smile: my sixth form finally sent mine off a week before Christmas holidays so still waiting on it.
Hi,

I've applied to study Media & Communications, but I'm still waiting for a response. I know a few people in my sixth form who have applied also and already got interviews for the same course....should I be worried?
Paramedic science 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you apply? I'm still waiting to hear :frown:
Applying for Media and Communications (Music Industries) and on the website it says you need a portfolio at interview. What would a portfolio for this course involve?
Original post by _homesick__
When did you apply? I'm still waiting to hear :frown:

I applied 20th November and I now have my interview booked for February :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied 20th November and I now have my interview booked for February :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh okay thanks! I applied 1st December so I've probably got a little while to wait yet x
Original post by musicrosie
Applying for Media and Communications (Music Industries) and on the website it says you need a portfolio at interview. What would a portfolio for this course involve?

Hi musicrosie,

We would like you to bring along some of your work to demonstrate your abilities and interests within the music industries. However, don't worry if your work isn't media-related, as we are also looking for potential, creativity and enthusiasm.

You would need to bring:

- An example of written work (e.g. an academic essay or report)

It doesn't have to be specific to media or the music industries, but should show your ability to write in a critical and scholarly manner.

- AND an example of your interest in the media

This might include examples of a music or media-related hobby that you have, details of any work experience or placements that you have undertaken in the music industries or wider media industries, or anything else that helps us get a sense of your interests.

- OR an example of any practical media work

This might take the form of (but is not limited to) a video, website, article, some design work, radio work, photography or scripts you have produced. It can be work you have produced independently or during school/ college.

Hope that helps but feel free to ask if you have any other questions :smile:

Good luck with your application!
Kiran
BCU Team
I sent off my application for Computer Networks and Security in December and I've received offers from all my other choices but BCU. I was just wondering is the long reply time normal?
I just wanted to know is there a chance I could receive an unconditional offer because I've already met the criteria, and will like not to waste time going to the interview for other unis, as BCU is my top choice
Original post by banzaibam
I just wanted to know is there a chance I could receive an unconditional offer because I've already met the criteria, and will like not to waste time going to the interview for other unis, as BCU is my top choice

Hi there! We think you should have had a reply. Could you perhaps send us a private message with your name and UCAS ID number and we can look into this for you.
Thanks - Amanda, BCU team
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hi there! We think you should have had a reply. Could you perhaps send us a private message with your name and UCAS ID number and we can look into this for you.
Thanks - Amanda, BCU team

Will do thank you
What address should I send the email to please?
Don't Worry I found the link

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending